Louisville supposedly one vote short | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Louisville supposedly one vote short

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wait, it's not over yet!

@RPDALY76: So all signs are pointing to UConn to ACC after hearing UL is one vote short. Cincy begging like a dog for ACC.
RPDaly?

Is this IP's brother?

Reaction Score
If you haven't been panicking, you haven't been paying attention for the past year or so.

I'm more intrigued than panicked. At worse we'll be in a watered down ACC in a few years time. I think both our basketball and football programs can hang-on until then.

Reaction Score
Something does not add up:
1. Quiet confidence coming from uconn's executive team the last few weeks
2. Aresco ignores us in his press conference today (but not lou) suggesting that he knows we are gone
3. Herbst's statement today about student athletes (translation: we will participate in this national conference clusterf$&k over my dead body)
4. All current, credible information suggesting Lou is winning in a two horse race

Did herbst decide to fire the big east without having a landing spot?

Have we got assurances that we are in the acc either as a partial or full member - and the voting is about which option is available to us?

Really, the only two scenarios that I can see resolving these contradictions. I have a sneaking suspicion we are going to the acc as a partial member, and if that happens I will fire bomb the campus of every "football school" that voted against us.

Points 1,2,3 are facts. Point 4 is speculation. (not exactly, but you get my point)

Reaction Score
Something does not add up:
1. Quiet confidence coming from uconn's executive team the last few weeks
2. Aresco ignores us in his press conference today (but not lou) suggesting that he knows we are gone
3. Herbst's statement today about student athletes (translation: we will participate in this national conference clusterf$&k over my dead body)
4. All current, credible information suggesting Lou is winning in a two horse race

Did herbst decide to fire the big east without having a landing spot?

Have we got assurances that we are in the acc either as a partial or full member - and the voting is about which option is available to us?

Really, the only two scenarios that I can see resolving these contradictions. I have a sneaking suspicion we are going to the acc as a partial member, and if that happens I will fire bomb the campus of every "football school" that voted against us.

Is it possible that Uconn has an invite in hand, and that this vote is merely to add Louisville to that invite? Just a thought

Reaction Score
Points 1,2,3 are facts. Point 4 is speculation. (not exactly, but you get my point)
it is such a moral conflict to want the ACC to succeed in this fiasco!!!!
I hope they do take UofL and I hope that UofL takes off the second the Big12 comes knocking. I also hope when that happens that Uconn is safely in the Big10.

F the ACC!!!

(ignore the above if Uconn get's the invite)...

Reaction Score
Here is all you need to know about all of these so called "insiders" they all were able to report that the Big East was voting yesterday but they all said that it was a vote to dissolve. Well th vote was obviously to invite Tulane and ECU. SO just how accurate is their "information"?

Reaction Score
I hope they do take UofL and I hope that UofL takes off the second the Big12 comes knocking. I also hope when that happens that Uconn is safely in the Big10.

F the ACC!!!

The problem with Ville getting in is that once they accept, they are subject to the $50 million exit fee.

Reaction Score
Here is all you need to know about all of these so called "insiders" they all were able to report that the Big East was voting yesterday but they all said that it was a vote to dissolve. Well th vote was obviously to invite Tulane and ECU. SO just how accurate is their "information"?

Aren't dissolving and inviting both Tulane and ECU the same thing?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The problem with Ville getting in is that once they accept, they are subject to the $50 million exit fee.

I disagree. Look at TCU and the Big East. They never paid a dime since they left before they entered. Louisville wouldn't be joining the ACC until 2014. The Big-12 could easily grab them before that time. If so, Louisville would assumedly not pay a dime to the ACC.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I disagree. Look at TCU and the Big East. They never paid a dime since they left before they entered. Louisville wouldn't be joining the ACC until 2014. The Big-12 could easily grab them before that time. If so, Louisville would assumedly not pay a dime to the ACC.

I think that TCU eventually caved in to paying the 5 million to the Big East:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...t-tcu-reach-settlement-awarding-conference-5m

I'm not saying anything else about your points, because I have no friggin' clue how "enforceable" anyone's buyout is, but TCU is giving us the money...

Reaction Score
Look, the Ville is not getting in before us. With us? Certainly possible.

Think about it. The ACC stands for something. Academics and hoops. They want to be really good in football, but that's not what anchors their mindset outside a few schools. There is a struggle going on because the ACC just got blindsided and lost a good school, but as sources from the conference have leaked in the last 48 hours, ACADEMICS WILL MATTER.

Taking Louisville over us would mean that the FSU's would have flexed their might over the Dukes/Virginia's/UNC's, etc. From a perception problem it will be a large blow to the academic hoop schools. Duke, UNC, etc. like knowing they are perceived as the kings of the conference. They don't want some FSU braveheart coming in and slashing their throats.

And remember Louisville is Louisville. It's not LSU. This isn't some football titan that is being considered. And we just freakin beat them in their home in a game they desperately wanted to win. And we've been to a BCS bowl more recently then them. And we are a basketball BRAND NAME.

It's not happening. We are going in as the 14th or we are goin in with some kind of combo with Louisville involved.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

Wow. You were making sense until you threw in partial membership. That would never be an option for us.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'm either gonna go out buy a 15$ cigar, a bottle of MaCallan 18 and laugh about the craphole we left behind. Or get a few bottles of jack and drown my sorrows crying in the garage. This is the fine line were walking.

Your message exudes tremendous, high-level analytical thinking. Either way, copious quantities of alcohol are involved, so you can't go wrong. I for one have dispensed with the idea of waiting until some decision or non-decision is made. I'm already downing manhattans two at a time.

Reaction Score
If we don't have some agreement at this point all of the confident posturing of our leadership will come to be known as an epic failure. My take was that our AD looked like Sylvester the Cat last time I saw him speak. I've also seen the "always wrong but never in doubt crowd" get by on style over substance while things are burning around them (see: dumpster fire). It takes competence and vision to succeed. While our people seem extremely competent, you have to recognize what you're up against and if that means a public campaign then so be it. If none of this was necessary then great, but the prospects of our current league are making me more anxious by the day.

Reaction Score

F the ACC!!!

Totally agree. Hope you guys end up in the Big10 with Carolina, we end up in the Big12 with Cincy, FSU and Clemson, and the ACC becomes completely irrelevant.

Reaction Score
Anyone else feel like their head is going to explode. Two years ago we were on the way to a BCS game and nat'l title in basketball. Now we are all hanging on tweets and predicting the demise of UConn athletics (maybe just me overreacting). I am sure tomorrow will be filled with the same stress and headaches of the last few.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
My guess is that we don't hear anything official until friday at least.

Reaction Score
Also, don't forget the lawsuit against Maryland is as much a symbolic gesture by the academic/bball schools of the ACC to FSU, Clemson, etc.
If you decide to leave because of our expansion decision or even irregardless of that decision, you will have to fork over 50 mil or else have a lengthy battle in court.
If theres any positive/negative spin to be taken from that as a UConn fan, I view that as positive.

Reaction Score
My guess is that we don't hear anything official until friday at least.
Boy if thats the case at the game saturday it could feel like a funeral or a party. We just don't know which one as of right now.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I'm hoping this clown doesn't last on this board to see his second post. Mods?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
What are you talking about????

Just kidding I saw the post. Nice clean up by the mods.

Absolutely. Thank you, Mods!
For the record, "this clown" WAS NOT referring to Calhoun's Court...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Huh?

A Louisville troll came on board as a new member and replied to this nearly two-year-old thread with some "stick it in your face, UConn" type crap. I asked the mods to jump on the clown, and they responded faster than McGhee's ankles on a Kemba Walker step-back move in MSG. Actually, most things in the world respond faster than that, but the mods were very fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom