Louisville not that good and ND not that bad | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Louisville not that good and ND not that bad

Reaction Score
I agree with everything you said except that there is any comparison between Mabrey and KLS. KLS is much bigger and better. Otherwise, I totally agree. ND is nowhere near what UConn is. Their defense in particular was so weak in this game. Durr was shooting open shot after open shot.
The only comparison is : KLS/Maybrey shoot 3's. KLS\s defense has been a bit maligned, to say her defense is more than pretty good--is misleading (my words). ND, in the 3rd and 4th qtrs were seriously out of sync, some ND players seemed mentally out of the game. The Final Durr' 3 was as open as any practice shot.
Walz, if not one of the better coaches, is probably the most devious. The beat down of Griner stays in the brain, they did to that Baylor team, what UCF tried to do to UConn---give you any thought??

Reaction Score
I’m actually hoping Louisville runs the table up until the matchup with UConn on Feb 12. Right now, I would suggest Louisville has only 2 games between now and then that will test them: a home game vs #13 FSU and on the road vs a good Syracuse team.

As for UConn, I see only one test leading up to the game on 2/12, vs TX on Monday night.

So on 2/12, we could have two undefeated teams ranked #1 & #2 at Gampel on national tv. I can hardly wait.
We have to play South Carolina at their place the week before Louisville. No guarantee that UConn is undefeated when they meet the Cardinals.

Reaction Score
The only comparison is : KLS/Maybrey shoot 3's. KLS\s defense has been a bit maligned, to say her defense is more than pretty good--is misleading (my words). ND, in the 3rd and 4th qtrs were seriously out of sync, some ND players seemed mentally out of the game. The Final Durr' 3 was as open as any practice shot.
Walz, if not one of the better coaches, is probably the most devious. The beat down of Griner stays in the brain, they did to that Baylor team, what UCF tried to do to UConn---give you any thought??

IMHO, ND was "out of sync" from the opening tip... or maybe even from when they got off the bus when they arrived at the arena. With the exception of the first 2 shots (3 pointers by Mabry and Westbeld) There was no sync the entire game....frankly, IMHO, ND's players did not come to play last night. And, they ran into a Louisville buzz saw that couldn't miss...even a wild out of balance 3 to beat the buzzer. The offense ND showed had minimal, if any, movement; no cuts, no one working to get open, lots of trying to dribble around the problems. Their defense was nearly non existent. The only ND player with any level of energy was Jackie Young...and she played with a face mask. Not sure either team repeats their output of last night...either the high or the low...for the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
It's not even a fair comparison because ND had Thompson for the UConn game. And of course, Williams and KLS were not 100% when they played ND.

RPI, Sagarin, Massey, strength of schedule. *Everything* else favors UConn.

Completely agree. It's not like Sports Teams are "machines" that perform the same every time they compete. Things happen. Players have good and bad days, players are injured or return from injuries, and so on/so on.
As noted, Lou was not 100% when UConn played ND...1st game back from 4 off due injury = rust... She was supposed to only play 20 minutes (or so). She played 28...and probably would have played 32 -35, except for another ankle issue. Gabby scored 2 points in the entire game, played 0 minutes in second half because of Migraine issues. So, these game to game comparison are of little value. ND was NOT the same team last night that played UConn a few weeks back. UConn is not the same team today that played ND previously, and Louisville was probably not in the same place as a team as it was 3 weeks ago.

I checked Massey projections today, and it still has the same projected Score and MOV in a UCONN / Louisville match-up as it did before the Louisville / ND game last night. I would have expected to see a narrowing of the MOV...but no change.

No one can predict the future with 100% accuracy, but the "computer models" have not changed. I'm expecting a pretty significant contest on Feb 12th... and will of course be rooting for the Huskies. Perhaps this will be a prelude to the National Championship Final...as our President would say... "We'll see what happens."

Reaction Score
IMHO: Last night, Louisville served notice to the rest of WCBB that they are a serious contender, more serious than many people took them for. Yes, they did it against a depleted ND team that played without spirit or conviction; yes, they did it at home with a raucous, supportive crowd; yes, they had a game that teams dream of but rarely, if ever, achieve. But they still showed that they are a team to be reckoned with. Their next string of games will show how much of last night was lightening striking and how much it was real, lasting power.

UConn will take the 2/12 game seriously (as they do for all games) and has personnel, skills, attitudes, and yes, coaching, that were not in evidence last night from ND. Louisville may or may not be ranked # 2 in the country for that game, but whatever the two teams’ rankings, it will be a major event for both of them and a treat for the rest of us.

Go Huskies!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We have to play South Carolina at their place the week before Louisville. No guarantee that UConn is undefeated when they meet the Cardinals.
You are correct. For some reason I thought SC was after Louisville. So we have to win 2 big games on the road while Louisville hopefully remains undefeated on the way to a battle of unbeatens on 2/12.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I’m actually hoping Louisville runs the table up until the matchup with UConn on Feb 12. Right now, I would suggest Louisville has only 2 games between now and then that will test them: a home game vs #13 FSU and on the road vs a good Syracuse team.

As for UConn, I see only one test leading up to the game on 2/12, vs TX on Monday night.

So on 2/12, we could have two undefeated teams ranked #1 & #2 at Gampel on national tv. I can hardly wait.

Dont overlook UVA...... in terms of a tough game for Louisville before the 12th.

Reaction Score
IMHO: Last night, Louisville served notice to the rest of WCBB that they are a serious contender, more serious than many people took them for. Yes, they did it against a depleted ND team that played without spirit or conviction; yes, they did it at home with a raucous, supportive crowd; yes, they had a game that teams dream of but rarely, if ever, achieve. But they still showed that they are a team to be reckoned with. Their next string of games will show how much of last night was lightening striking and how much it was real, lasting power.

UConn will take the 2/12 game seriously (as they do for all games) and has personnel, skills, attitudes, and yes, coaching, that were not in evidence last night from ND. Louisville may or may not be ranked # 2 in the country for that game, but whatever the two teams’ rankings, it will be a major event for both of them and a treat for the rest of us.

Go Huskies!!!

I fear Miss St more then Louisville...........I thought they would be weakened due to graduations but they have a bunch of athletes on that team and they compete hard and are very physical...........

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Dont overlook UVA. in terms of a tough game for Louisville before the 12th.
I know UVA has been playing better of late, but they stumbled badly starting the season and it’s difficult to see how they can stay with Louisville.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I checked Massey projections today, and it still has the same projected Score and MOV in a UCONN / Louisville match-up as it did before the Louisville / ND game last night. I would have expected to see a narrowing of the MOV...but no change.

Sagarin's numbers moved from a 20 point difference to a 14.5 point difference.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I bumping this thread because I did not see mentioned anywhere: In the Post game presser for this game Muffet said Louisville is the best team in the country and Asia Durr is the best player.
Really? Did the BY cover this in another thread?
"Best player in the country" takes over

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I bumping this thread because I did not see mentioned anywhere: In the Post game presser for this game Muffet said Louisville is the best team in the country and Asia Durr is the best player.fet

Wait. Doesn't Muffet always have the best player in the country? :cool: Durr is very very good, but ND was so flat that game they would make lots of good players look very, very good.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I bumping this thread because I did not see mentioned anywhere: In the Post game presser for this game Muffet said Louisville is the best team in the country and Asia Durr is the best player.
I guess Jeff is also the best coach in the country as well. Maybe the best team/player/coach in history.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So I basically gave MM a pass on those remarks, because what was she going to say, the truth?

“We completely got our ass kicked for the entire game by a team that was more athletic, played harder and was better coached than we were”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom