Louisville not that good and ND not that bad | The Boneyard

Louisville not that good and ND not that bad

Reaction Score
Louisville has a deep and talented team...............catch Durr and Hines-Allen on a good night and it's just tough to beat them...............as long as UConn plays solid two way ball I don't view them as a major threat but play just ok and Louisville could be dangerous............

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Louisville has one of their best shooting games all season and beat the heck out of ND, while they only beat Air Force a 0-15 team 62-50. Which team shows up on 2/12.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Durr is for real. Be interesting to see how she does when going up against a lock down defender like Kia and a great switching defense like UConn.
Are you delusional?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Only watched first 6 minutes. Durr was so open on the first few 3 pt attempts, her confidence was reinforced. I assume we will not be so giving.

Reaction Score
Really simple conclusion. A ridiculous game for both teams. Forget it and move on for both teams. It was great for LVille and tuff for ND.
Notre Dame doesn't have to be bad for the Cards to be considered quite good...the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Both teams are very well coached and have very skilled guards. Yes, Notre Dame's roster has been depleted, but every single player on the Louisville squad played their hearts out, so they deserve the credit tonight.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Louisville has one of their best shooting games all season and beat the heck out of ND, while they only beat Air Force a 0-15 team 62-50. Which team shows up on 2/12.

As a matter of fact it was one of their best shooting games in their HISTORY. In 1988 they had a game where they shot .690. This wasn't too far off.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The real issue for me is how really good UConn is?

We have fine passers, terrific conditioning, some great defensive players and a whole lot of excellent shooters.

But somehow, the woman's game appears different this season.
Less athletically gifted and less well-coached teams don't just thrown in the towel; they compete. And what they lack in sophistication that make up in grit.
And our team, for all its skill and sophistication, may be soft.

Geno has expressed concern.
Gabby has expressed concern.

Fact 1. We're not really any better roster-wise than ND if coach doesn't trust his freshman and sophs.
Fact 2. ND was run off the court this evening and was completely gassed in the 2nd half. They stayed with us, much longer.

Maybe, none of this matters; that most games will be like the one before last.
But in the tourney; everyone will be playing their hardest.

I just worry that we're ripe to be taken.
And I'm sure Geno will remind his charges how thoroughly ND was demolished tonight and why.

Reaction Score

We have fine passers, terrific conditioning, some great defensive players and a whole lot of excellent shooters.

Fact 1. We're not really any better roster-wise than ND if coach doesn't trust his freshman and sophs.
Fact 2. ND was run off the court this evening and was completely gassed in the 2nd half. They stayed with us, much longer.

And I'm sure Geno will remind his charges how thoroughly ND was demolished tonight and why.

Not sure I agree that UConn is "not really any better roster-wise then ND"..................unfortunately with their injury depleted roster, I don't see anybody on ND as athletic or as all-around brilliant as Williams, as offensively effective up front as Collier, as tough defensively as Nurse or as intimidating as Stevens...........I suppose you could compare Mabrey to KLS but if you asked ND fans I think they'd trade for KLS any day of the week...........sadly ND doesn't have a point guard like CD either so other then Ogunbowale I'm not sure where you find ND to be any where near even talent wise.........

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Really simple conclusion. A ridiculous game for both teams. Forget it and move on for both teams. It was great for LVille and tuff for ND.

Surprisingly, I agree with you. I'm pretty confident this will go down as Louisville's best performance of the season and Notre Dame's worst. I wouldn't be shocked at all if ND wins a rematch in the ACC Tournament or NCAAs.

Reaction Score
We went to the game and just got back home. I was not expecting Notre Dame to be blown-out and crushed from the game's start, but Jeff Walz and the Louisville Cardinals showed that they could take great advantage of a Notre Dame team that was ponderously slow by comparison.

The better team won so easily tonight that I don't expect Notre Dame to change its fortune in a rematch.

Reaction Score

But somehow, the woman's game appears different this season.
Less athletically gifted and less well-coached teams don't just thrown in the towel; they compete. And what they lack in sophistication that make up in grit.
And our team, for all its skill and sophistication, may be soft.

Geno has expressed concern.
Gabby has expressed concern.

Wow. If I could put an"unlike post" on this I would love to. The only thing I agree with is that UCONN is not invincible thus can be taken. Everything else -- just wow -- I am 100% opposite of what you are trying to make/ the importance of this one game and then to compound it - to try to make it about the frosh and sophs of UCONN. No way.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCONN has allowed a team to shoot 50% once in about the last 500 games. I suspect Louisville will have a tougher time shooting 65% in Storrs than they did tonight, but I am certainly hoping for a great game by both teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom