Louisville Jeff Walz to Tennessee? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Louisville Jeff Walz to Tennessee?

Reaction Score
Reporters would rather be first than be right. This ABSOLUTELY STINKS if you're a Louisville player and you have to read this crap somewhere, trying to get to the Final Four. And before you wanna dump on Louisville, cross UL out and put your favorite school's name/coach in their place.

UConn had its name crossed out by Louisville for the ACC. karma is a bitch.

Reaction Score
Why would Walz leave an established, elite program like Louisville, where he can become a legend over the next two decades, for a has-been program like Tennessee?
What if you had friction with your boss at a school that is always one Bobby Petrino or Rick Pitino away from having its athletic department hammered?

Reaction Score
Seems like a bit of a stretch. Waltz had built Louisville into a powerhouse. I don’t see why he leaves that for Tennessee. Although if it is true, he doesn’t have to offer every kid ranked in the top-50 each year...

Reaction Score
This could be a ploy by walz to negotiate even more money on his contract, i cant imagine tennessee paying what it would take to get him here...kinda akin to the grumor rumors that plagued tennessee football
I don't know what it is about Louisville coaches, but they've been floating their names for open.about to be open jobs to get a raise for years. Pitino, petrino and even Walz have been rumored to use this tactic.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this will have any effect on the players. This maybe a bad distraction

Reaction Score
Pure speculation, but could this just be the “truth”, edited for clicks?

Reporter: What if Tennessee backs up the cash truck for Walz?
Source: Then we’re prepared to lose him (i.e. we’re not going to pay him even more)

Reporter tweets: “Louisville is prepared to lose Walz to Tennessee”
Chaos ensues.

Maybe it is Walz and the AD “negotiating” anonymously.

Reaction Score
Will Walz demand that they change the Tenn web site forums to Walz World from the Summit.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I think he has a higher ceiling at Tennessee, but let's wait till this tournament finishes. If he beats UConn in the Elite 8, there might be a slight argument for him staying at Louisville.

But I can't speak for him obviously. It would be more fun to have him in the SEC and our games vs Tennessee at the Hump could be epic for years to come, but I also don't wanna see Muffet wreck the ACC without her biggest competition around. I'll be happy with his choice either way.

Reaction Score
No way in Hades.

JW has a great program that he's put together over a decade. Tennessee is just one more southern school with a sinking basketball program. There is no attraction to him.

I think this is a hoax.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I don't know what it is about Louisville coaches, but they've been floating their names for open.about to be open jobs to get a raise for years. Pitino, petrino and even Walz have been rumored to use this tactic.

When Jurich was the AD, he basically held the taxpayers in Louisville hostage. They financed the new arena, and I'm not sure many folks there truly understand just how corrupt everything was in that deal. The taxpayers will be paying for that fiasco for many years to come.

When you have an AD willing to conduct business with a blank checkbook and no moral, ethical or legal retsraint, why not hold the guy up for ransom?

Reaction Score
When Jurich was the AD, he basically held the taxpayers in Louisville hostage. They financed the new arena, and I'm not sure many folks there truly understand just how corrupt everything was in that deal. The taxpayers will be paying for that fiasco for many years to come.

When you have an AD willing to conduct business with a blank checkbook and no moral, ethical or legal retsraint, why not hold the guy up for ransom?
Why is Louisville's AD so shady? From arena deals to the coaches they choose to run their highest profile programs.

Reaction Score
A moment of silence for the hopes of Coach Jumper..........................(he COULDDA been there tomorrow, but NO!)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Does anyone find it odd that he did not flat out deny the rumor????

Not in the least. That sounds to me like ADspeak, or perhaps it should be called ADnonspeak, as a strong indicator that he's already outta there.

Reaction Score
Not in the least. That sounds to me like ADspeak, or perhaps it should be called ADnonspeak, as a strong indicator that he's already outta there.
Which I was sorta inferring by the use of the "???s".
Guess I should have been a bit more specific.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm starting to doubt that Holly is even going to be fired. The only plausible reason for a delay could be that their MBB team is still in the tournament and they don't want there to be a distraction. It's possible that the result might simply be that Holly needs to replace 1 or more assistants. I think we'd all agree that Holly's a great recruiter and that she really just needs a great X's and O's person to take care of strategy and a great player development person for practices. I can definitely see a scenario where she's back next year.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Lets just say Waltz does come to Tennessee..there really won't be any rebuilding to do other than him getting in the players that fit his system. He will have a team loaded with talent, even more so than what he will have next season at Louisville, provided that the current roster and the incoming class stay intact. He will inherit a program that laid the groundwork for WCBB and still has huge name recognition and a large fan base. I imagine he would recruit very well here...Basically the Tennessee job is akin to what the Alabama football job was when Nick Saban was hired.

Anyhow, I digress and will drift back down to reality and predict Tennessee will actually hire Kelly Jolly Harper, which would be a much, much cheaper option

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom