Louisville Jeff Walz to Tennessee? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Louisville Jeff Walz to Tennessee?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Apparently Walz has come out with another statement saying he will not be taking the Tennessee job...I don't even know what to believe anymore lol
Yea ESPN just announced the statement during the Girls McDonald's AA game.

Reaction Score
His buyout is 1.5 M. You really think TN was gonna pay 2.2 M in buyouts PLUS increase their yearly HC salary by 1 million a year?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Apparently Walz has come out with another statement saying he will not be taking the Tennessee job...I don't even know what to believe anymore lol

That means zilch. He has to say that now, or his players are playing this weekend for a lame duck. Or the AD goes Bo Schembechler on him.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
That means zilch. He has to say that now, or his players are playing this weekend for a lame duck. Or the AD goes Bo Schembechler on him.

ya, you would think he would have immediately came out and said he wasn't taking the job, but he didn't

Reaction Score
OH ... the Tennessee men are playing their game in ...

Louisville KY.

Reaction Score
Ah, this means that this 6+ page thread is all about nothing???? I am shocked!!!!

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Well...his name is usually brought up for some job or other every year. But this does feel different. Yesterday, I thought it was normal end of year stuff. But as the day went on, and today, it feels and sounds bigger and more of a possibility. Honestly, I’m shocked by that realization.

But, when I think about reality at U of L, I’m not shocked. In general, I’m shocked. I think if all things were equal he would retire from Louisville.
However, with the shitstorm of Pitino ( twice) Petrino ( football) Jurich ( AD) ...life at Louisville is not as it once was. I think budgets are much, much tighter .

I don’t KNOW this to be true, but common thoughts are that Walz wants more support ( money) for the program. Not for himself, but for the program. He has to bust his ass for most of the marketing that happens, and just wants more of a budget for those things so he doesn’t have to do it all. ( these are the things we as fans talk about or have heard him talk about). Combine that with recruiting being harder due to the aforementioned fellas and their shenanaigans, and I think an already time consuming difficult job is much more time consuming and difficult.

Last year when his contract was being renegotiated it went on an inordinate amount of time, having come off a F4 appearance. The new AD was getting tons of pressure from fans to get it done. What we kept hearing was stuff around budget support.

So, all things aren’t equal. I’d be terribly disappointed if he left. But this new AD is new to being an AD. He historically was a business/hatchet man. I think his job has been to save money and control the purse strings.

These are just my thoughts. I’m really shocked Walz would consider the dumpster fire that is TN. But, as many have stated, with the history that dm draws recruits, he could get that N.C. pretty quickly I think.

I don’t begrudge him that. I am massively disappointed in the timing.

Reaction Score
Why aren't you going after Kim? She's a Looo zee anna girl.

I actually know Kim really well. My brother played with her son on the LSU baseball team. Kim came down all the time for games and even road games. She never really wore LSU colors much, sometimes yellow. She never really cared much for LSU. We actually chit chat about her coaching at LSU before one of the games, but said she never had any desire to want to coach at LSU. Said she will always be a LA Tech girl.

She is a cool woman though and is really a nice person if you ever were to meet her in person. People love or hate her usually from those interviews and the spontaneous things she says. She is awesome though and will go to war for her family, friends and players.

Reaction Score
She is a cool woman though and is really a nice person if you ever were to meet her in person. People love or hate her usually from those interviews and the spontaneous things she says. She is awesome though and will go to war for her family, friends and players.

Love Kim's interviews.

Reaction Score
Love Kim's interviews.

Random but funny story

One of LSU's baseball's games was canceled and a lot of the parents and players went out to eat and drink since we didn't have a game the next day.

Kim liquored up has to be the funniest thing ever! I just love how honest she is, like she doesn't hold back her true feelings hahaha

Kim almost went up and did karaoke. Omg that would have been interesting yet disastrous..

Last edited:

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Random but funny story

One of LSU's baseball's games was canceled and a lot of the parents and players went out to eat and drink since we didn't have a game the next day.

Kim liquored up has to be the funniest thing ever! I just love how honest she is, like she doesn't hold back her true feelings hahaha

Kim almost went up and did karaoke. Omg that would have been interesting yet disastrous..

Kim doesn't drink, so you won't see her liquored up. She has a natural extremely funny personality away from the media and games. Her players love her!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I respect everyone's opinions and knowledge on this board, but I am flummoxed, flabbergasted, and dismayed at the complete oversight of a possible candidate -- and frankly, a highly experienced one at that.

• She was the first coach in Division I history to be crowned champion in four different conferences.
  • She was the first coach in NCAA history to garner coach of the year accolades in four different leagues.
  • She has made four Elite Eight appearances in the past ten years, after having previously made a Final Four before that.

I am, of course, speaking of Duke's Joanne P. McCallie.

@triaddukefan
@EricLA
@ucbart

;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I respect everyone's opinions and knowledge on this board, but I am flummoxed, flabbergasted, and dismayed at the complete oversight of a possible candidate -- and frankly, a highly experienced one at that.

• She was the first coach in Division I history to be crowned champion in four different conferences.
  • She was the first coach in NCAA history to garner coach of the year accolades in four different leagues.
  • She has made four Elite Eight appearances in the past ten years, after having previously made a Final Four before that.

@triaddukefan
@EricLA
@ucbart

;)

You know what.... that resume actually doesn't look so bad :eek: Gotta be a few schools that wouldnt mind a coach with that kind of history.

Reaction Score
You know what.... that resume actually doesn't look so bad :eek: Gotta be a few schools that wouldnt mind a coach with that kind of history.
A lot of schools wouldn't mind 3 E8s and a S16 in 7 seasons and never missing the tourney.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

@triaddukefan
@EricLA
@ucbart

;)
I see what your trying to do here. Hey @SECbbfan24 THIS IS HOW you do the double bluff to get rid of your coach who has underachieved. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I see what your trying to do here. Hey @SECbbfan24 THIS IS HOW you do the double bluff to get rid of your coach who has underachieved. :rolleyes:

LOL

Nikki has literally never achieved anything. At UCLA, she got to the second round and was bounced. But thats okay, we continue to extend her. Second year within the last 4 years where LSU did not make it to the NCAAT but our AD doesn't care. She ain't leaving LSU no matter what, she loves her paychecks and benefits. No other school is gonna give her a raise and give her the incentives that are given here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom