Louisville Dumps Tennessee

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
upload_2017-3-20_20-51-26.png

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Out in the 2nd round. Not as bad as losing to Ball State in the 1st round, but given the talent on that team, a 12 loss season is HORRIBLE. Can't tell you how THRILLED I am that they are gone. I said in the other thread - Russell has definitely improved, but man what she could have been with coaching form Geno and co. And Nared is a baller. But as a team they are a hot mess.

Not a good night for Orange!!!

Reaction Score
That game was a dumpster fire. Neither team looked impressive. The thing that jumped out at me, is how small Louisville's guards are. Kia Nurse would have no problem guarding Durr. Nether team has anyone who can guard Collier or Williams, nevermind KLS. However, Louisville season will come to an end the next game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
To some of our favorite things: Holly & JPM
View attachment 20961
I was actually rooting for Duke big time. I don't care for McCallie, but there are a bunch of Duke fans I know (on here and in person) who I like a lot, so I'm disappointed for them as fans. Plus, Duke-MD would have been a great game to grab some popcorn and watch the fireworks...

Still, can't complain that we get to see Oregon's talented freshmen, especially Ionescu - who's game I LOVE. She would have been adored had she come to UCONN...

Reaction Score
So most of the great pretenders from tha Acc and SEC are starting to faulter. Lady Vols go down, The Cuse with the best back court in the history of basketball got schooled by a hockey player and the under appreciated Blue Man group got blown out of the Tourney. I see contract extension coming in the near future!

Reaction Score
Out in the 2nd round. Not as bad as losing to Ball State in the 1st round, but given the talent on that team, a 12 loss season is HORRIBLE. Can't tell you how THRILLED I am that they are gone. I said in the other thread - Russell has definitely improved, but man what she could have been with coaching form Geno and co. And Nared is a baller. But as a team they are a hot mess.

Not a good night for Orange!!!

Yeah, I like Nared's game much much better than DeShields' game.

Reaction Score
If I'm a Tennessee fan even though Diamonds leaving I do believe Nared is more valuable to her team, in terms of leadership and consistency.

Reaction Score
Tennessee performed like a 5 seed or worse . They weren't expected to get to the round of 16. IMO they should have been a 7 seed. They continue to get press coverage and attention disproportionate to their performance. Lets face it...they are overrated and under achievers. There just seems to be no player or coach in their program that can provide the leadership necessary to make them a decent team.

Reaction Score
The angry mob that is vol-nation are overwhelmingly negative, but after pages of vitriol, a sage blogger reminds them that Holly's demise will be later rather than sooner, waiting on the performances from the number one recruiting class.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Will DeShields and Russell bail for the WNBA?

I don't know about Russell, but I'm pretty sure about DeShields. I've been saying ALL season that DeShields is gone after this year.
1 - Why on earth would she want to come back after such a disappointing season, an embarrassing early exit for the tournament, to possibly suffer through another one?
2 - She's a senior academically, and (I assume) will receive her degree in May. Her work is done here. Time to move on to the next level. Time to start getting paid for her efforts.
3 - Many think she will be the first pick in the WNBA lottery next month should she choose to bail. She'll go in the first round, but I don't think she'll be the first overall pick.

The $64,000 question: How long do you think it will be before DeShields announces her decision to leave for the W? The tea leaves say within 3 days after the conclusion of the tournament. I think she's already decided, but she'll wait until after the conclusion of the games, so not to appear to upstage them.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I have not been impressed with the Lady Vols all season. Inconsistant play and just poor coaching. Nor was I impressed with Louisville.

I beleive Diamond is gone. But I do not see her as the #1 pick. Heck, I would take Brittany Sykes over Diamond any day.

Reaction Score
I don't know about Russell, but I'm pretty sure about DeShields. I've been saying ALL season that DeShields is gone after this year.
1 - Why on earth would she want to come back after such a disappointing season, an embarrassing early exit for the tournament, to possibly suffer through another one?
2 - She's a senior academically, and (I assume) will receive her degree in May. Her work is done here. Time to move on to the next level. Time to start getting paid for her efforts.
3 - Many think she will be the first pick in the WNBA lottery next month should she choose to bail. She'll go in the first round, but I don't think she'll be the first overall pick.

The $64,000 question: How long do you think it will be before DeShields announces her decision to leave for the W? The tea leaves say within 3 days after the conclusion of the tournament. I think she's already decided, but she'll wait until after the conclusion of the games, so not to appear to upstage them.

DD was 3 for 12 in this game. How in the world does she go #1 in the draft when she craps out so often in so many big games? Wouldn't touch her with a ten-foot pole.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom