Louisville Dumps Tennessee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Louisville Dumps Tennessee

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Will DeShields and Russell bail for the WNBA?

I hope so. They (and we?) need something to create a newer and better narrative.

Reaction Score
I am trying really hard to be sympathetic but I just can't!!!! I am a bit scared we end up like them wen Geno retires, but I trust our staff to find a better coach than Tennessee did. Since Pat's day they seem to run on ego. I think we will make a better choice.

Reaction Score
Nared produce like she did this year I could see her going top 3 next year.

I'll have what you're having. A'ja Wilson, Kelsey Mitchell, Gabby Williams just off the top of my head. Just given those three names you think Nared would get drafted top three?

Reaction Score
I'll have what you're having. A'ja Wilson, Kelsey Mitchell, Gabby Williams just off the top of my head. Just given those three names you think Nared would get drafted top three?
Kia, Gabby and if Azura will be in my top 5 next year

Reaction Score
I really do. Can't Mitchell come out this year? Or you think she stays?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nared is the only player at TN who had a really good year. And she had a great game against Louisville and yet in the last 5 minutes I am not sure anyone ever passed her the ball - she had scored 28 points on 9-18 and she was an after thought when the game was on the line.

Reaction Score
If Tennessee had Kia Nurse on their team then they would still be in the tournament. She would take no prisoners in the locker room. She is the leader that UT sorely lacks. Just implausible that so much talent could achieve so little. Lesson learned is recruiting the best talent doesn't necessarily correlate to best results. Thank goodness Geno understands what it takes to put the Right team on the floor.
in fact, if Shea was either coaching or on the staff they would have done much better.

Reaction Score
Margo's Reaction to the Lady Vol Loss:

Margo is always high on the attitude quotient.... but again she is a little delusional..... most notably when supporting Holly..... She says that Holly knows what she got into, citing the recent article tribute to Pat in the Knoxville paper.... and seems to give her a pass.... giving a shout out to the Holly haters to back off.... Cites all the injuries Holly's teams have been plagued with..... every since she took over....

Margo also high on #1 recruiting class coming in next year.... and I have always said.... if Holly cannot do anything with #1 Mercedes #3 Diamond, #6 Nared and other highly rated players nationally, how does she get production from these players coming in..... Holly has made mistakes fundamentally ever since she took over..... and she will continue to do so, but it is not my fight.... Good luck to them next year.... this year didn't end so great....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I really do. Can't Mitchell come out this year? Or you think she stays?
She's draft eligible based on age. I think she goes pro, but it's just a guess.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I can't help but think what could've been if all of the Oregon players on Tennessee's roster had stayed home for college. Rueck could've done more with those players than Holly has, Graves too. Can't believe there's gonna be another top recruit from Oregon wasting her career at Tennessee next year.

Reaction Score
I can't help but think what could've been if all of the Oregon players on Tennessee's roster had stayed home for college. Rueck could've done more with those players than Holly has, Graves too. Can't believe there's gonna be another top recruit from Oregon wasting her career at Tennessee next year.

And look at the Oregon schools both of them are in Sweet 16.... but 3 on TNs roster wanted to go 2500 miles to be coached by Holly

Reaction Score
Nared produce like she did this year I could see her going top 3 next year.

You couldn't have watched many LV games this year. Nared disappeared for a number of games toward the end of the year. So much so that there was speculation, on the Tennessee board, that she might be injured.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You couldn't have watched many LV games this year. Nared disappeared for a number of games toward the end of the year. So much so that there was speculation, on the Tennessee board, that she might be injured.
I appreciate the insight, but I have to wonder if one of the reasons for Nared's disappearance was that DD & others on TN stop sharing the ball?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Lady Vols made only three of 18 fourth-quarter field-goal attempts, and 12th-ranked Louisville pulled away down the stretch for a 75-64 victory.

John Adams: Lady Vols' road magic runs out at worst time
Wait, what? The Vols had "magic"?

Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am still surprised how bad they can look sometimes.
This.

I haven't watch Tenn in a while. Wow. They look disorganized and their decision making is terrible. I assumed they had "slid back to the pack, but I was surprised at the product they are putting on the floor.

Reaction Score
I appreciate the insight, but I have to wonder if one of the reasons for Nared's disappearance was that DD & others on TN stop sharing the ball?

I don't think they froze her out.
Imo, part Nared, part no discernible offensive system.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That is what happens when you play in the TN 'offense' - happened last night as well - your most effective scorer for the whole game almost never touched the ball in the final five minutes when the game was being decided. TN has for years had players who were intent on winning the game by themselves and they have played the wing/guard positions with the ball in their hands - does not bode well for forwards and posts like Graves and Nared.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
We really looked awful the first 3 quarters, offensively. A lot of one on one ball, the offense looked stagnant. I suspect this was a product of slowing the game down to force TN into a half court game, where they are less than stellar. That being said, it did not look good on us. Honestly, our players looked confused. like they did not know what was going on.

We looked better, and came alive in the 4th quarter, and finally closed out a "big" game, unlike the Duke, NC State, FSU games earlier in the year. I am proud of the win. This is a season of survive and advance. While I want it to be prettier basketball, at the end of the day, you just have to score one more than your opponent. We did that last night, and I am happy to be moving on.

WV proved Baylor is beatable by someone other than Uconn. I trust Walz will come up with a game plan. Execution and shooting are going to have to be on point. Do I expect us to win, no. No one does. Can we win, yes I think so, with a team effort and few mistakes.

Congrats to all you Husky fans on a stellar season. I expect to see you in Dallas.

By the way, Nared looked great last night, by far the best Lady Vol on the floor last night. I know she has been hit or miss this season, and she stayed in foul trouble during the opening rounds, so disappeared. But, this TN team would have been much worse off without her this season. More so, than DD, in my opinion.
If I remember correctly back from our recruiting days of all of these Oregon players, Nared is old enough to go WNBA as well. Seems like she was the same age as Russell and Reynolds, but played a year behind them. I have heard zero talk about her leaving, but I guess it is possible.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
We really looked awful the first 3 quarters, offensively. A lot of one on one ball, the offense looked stagnant. I suspect this was a product of slowing the game down to force TN into a half court game, where they are less than stellar. That being said, it did not look good on us. Honestly, our players looked confused. like they did not know what was going on.

We looked better, and came alive in the 4th quarter, and finally closed out a "big" game, unlike the Duke, NC State, FSU games earlier in the year. I am proud of the win. This is a season of survive and advance. While I want it to be prettier basketball, at the end of the day, you just have to score one more than your opponent. We did that last night, and I am happy to be moving on.

WV proved Baylor is beatable by someone other than Uconn. I trust Walz will come up with a game plan. Execution and shooting are going to have to be on point. Do I expect us to win, no. No one does. Can we win, yes I think so, with a team effort and few mistakes.

Congrats to all you Husky fans on a stellar season. I expect to see you in Dallas.
Congrats to you as well on a great win. Yeah, I know Tennessee isn't a great team, but they're still talented and very dangerous, and they've proven to be a tough out in the tournament in recent years. This is their earliest exit in a while. Your team should be proud.

I absolutely give your Cardinals a puncher's chance against Baylor. Mostly because I agree that Walz will come up with something that will make the game very interesting if you execute well and hit enough shots. IMO he's one of the very very best "tournament coaches" in the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom