OT: - Louisville and ACC | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Louisville and ACC

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
"Commish Swofford stands behind the decision to add Louisville, despite the turmoil around the Cards at the moment. Believes it'll show to be the correct move for years to come."

There is no point in saying anything else unless the ACC is ready to do something about it.

I don't know if there is a tipping point to tossing Louisville out, but I suspect an NCAA Death Penalty would at least bring the topic up for discussion.

Reaction Score
There is no point in saying anything else unless the ACC is ready to do something about it.

I don't know if there is a tipping point to tossing Louisville out, but I suspect an NCAA Death Penalty would at least bring the topic up for discussion.

The fact that he felt compelled (or was instructed) to speak about the issue says volumes.

Reaction Score
"Commish Swofford stands behind the decision to add Louisville, despite the turmoil around the Cards at the moment. Believes it'll show to be the correct move for years to come."

Of course it will look that way, his alternatives are all stuck in the G5 with almost no chance to outperform Louisville nationally in the years to come. However, if UConn or Cincy were the choice back then, they may have thrived since in the ACC (I know our bball recruiting would have been epic after the 2014 title). Today, UL would look like the absolute worst possible selection for a P5 expansion.

Reaction Score
Today, UL would look like the absolute worst possible selection for a P5 expansion.
I would actually pin that on Florida State being added to the ACC in 1990 or whenever. They changed how much ethics mattered when it comes to violent or petty criminal offenses.

Reaction Score
Back on the mountain again...spent a few days in Tally for a minor surgery....

Hey...Jimbo has won a National Championship, has a bowl record of 7-2, and he won more in his first five years than any P5 coach ever has in their first five years....lost two games this year with the opponent scoring with six or less seconds on the clock.

Yes...this a bad year...will be the worst in 40,,,but a long time fan knows you appreciate all of the seasons...the great ones are sweeter when you have a real stinker...I remember 0-11 before Bobby.

The injury jinx has hit like I have never see...the QB, RB, DB, LB and seven starters out...the offensive line has been thin and injured since preseason

But, we know that this, too, will pass.

Reaction Score
And...you know how it is...young testosterone fueled hotspurs have little perspective. Of course, multi million dollar salaries seem to demand performance right now, today.

Reaction Score
And...you know how it is...young testosterone fueled hotspurs have little perspective. Of course, multi million dollar salaries seem to demand performance right now, today.
Yeah..Jim McElwain can tell you all about that...I like Jimbo and actually thought he was gonna take the LSU job to attack a new challenge...but he stayed and got a good raise...and with that raise comes expectations of National Championships year after year.

Reaction Score
When you beat your major in state rivals (Florida, now five in a row) and Miami (now 7-1)....you can't be too bad.

But win 10 and lose to your main rivals every year, and you might just be let go.

Reaction Score
McElwain. known as the Swamp Donkey to Noles,...although he was the only SEC coach to win division titles every year he coached in the SEC (excepting this year, of course), was blown out by his state rival both years...the Bull Gator donors were already booming out their throaty challenge.

Reaction Score
FSU should force all their football players to go to class and do their own homework this week for getting crushed by Boston College.

Reaction Score
FSU should force all their football players to go to class and do their own homework this week for getting crushed by Boston College.

A little snarky...but hah, hah....

Well, UConn will have their chance for their first ever win against BC in a couple of weeks. A team that can pass (not FSU with their 18 year old true freshman QB), can beat BC. But I think that UConn will be about a 20 point dog in this one.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Here's your sign:
louisville-core-values-no-guns-drugs-570x760.jpg
"No Guns" says the school that had 2 players miss a game last year with gunshot wounds: This graphic about 2 Louisville players is unfortunately accurate

Reaction Score
Sooo...it looks like some dude, not from the university, crashed a party and fired a hand gun into a crowd of party goers....who were celebrating the Heisman win.

And two athletes were injured.

Reaction Score
Sooo...it looks like some dude, not from the university, crashed a party and fired a hand gun into a crowd of party goers....who were celebrating the Heisman win.

And two athletes were injured.
Any word on the drunk Miami fan who was trying to slap some police officer and was then duked by said officer?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any word on the drunk Miami fan who was trying to slap some police officer and was then duked by said officer?

"Do onto others..." ?

In other news... How do you guys on the East coast deal with darkness before you even get home in the evening? This is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
"Do onto others..." ?

In other news... How do you guys on the East coast deal with darkness before you even get home in the evening? This is ridiculous.
It's not that bad, but yeah you go to and come home from work in the dark this time of year. It bottoms out with the sun going down around 4:10 compared to 4:35 now, but in just six weeks the days start getting longer! I guess the closer to the equator the less variation in your length of daytime throughout the year, so you must live somewhere in the south which means we get longer days than you in the summer.

Reaction Score
even in the western part of Eastern Time you get an extra hour before the sun goes down (but it's dark later in the morning)

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
"Do onto others..." ?

It's the quiet before the storm. It's a blip on the radar with sub-30 degree weather on the way in Jan/Feb.

Reaction Score
"Do onto others..." ?

Punching women? Not hard to control her with more force. But punching? Hold her tighter, however, and let justice take it's course. I've never hit a woman in my life but have been hit by a woman till I was bleeding in my mouth. Give me a break. Do you seriously justify beating women?

Reaction Score
Punching women? Not hard to control her with more force. But punching? Hold her tighter, however, and let justice take it's course. I've never hit a woman in my life but have been hit by a woman till I was bleeding in my mouth. Give me a break. Do you seriously justify beating women?

Please, no. it was a stupid joke.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Hey look: GTech is getting into the act. The ACC is becoming scandal central.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom