Lou Spanos will be named UConn's next defensive coordinator | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Lou Spanos will be named UConn's next defensive coordinator

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UCLA Team Defense - 2012 #76, 2013 #54. (UConn was #9 in 2012 and was #51 in 2013, the good ole' days)

Total defense tells you nothing. Total yards given up with no strength of schedule or pace included? Completely worthless

Reaction Score
From Super Bowls to national championships, Dormont's Lou Spanos has coached in a lot of big football games

>>“I’m very fortunate to have been on all of those staffs and with those coaches,” Spanos said. “Each of those coaches had their own style that made them successful. As a coach you always have your own identity. But as you evolve you take some traits from each of them that you admire. I have a little coach Cowher in me. I have a little coach Tomlin in me. All of the coaches you work with you take something from them to help you become a better coach.”<<

LMAO

Reaction Score
I am impressed by the hire. Could he bring a couple of high school seniors from Alabama, Texas, Fla. etc. with him before he moves to Storrs?

He will be packing a few Bama players and ship them FedEx...NCAA feel sad for us, so they will let them play without waiting for transfer year. Also he will be kidnapping Clemson's QB too.

Reaction Score
Even if it’s a 3-4 one of those outside backers will likely drop down and show pressure from the outside. You have to rush 4 and blitz in order to disrupt timing with today’s offense. Unless your front 3 consists of Sapp, Donald and Suh you need to bring 4 or more
^^^^ this

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Conspiracy part2 @CL82 : Edsall hires Alabama staffer to get back at Auburn coaches who ran away after 1 year!!:cool:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He can show Super Bowl rings and state he was with Alabama till now.

Reaction Score
Suggest that we all curb our enthusiasm as the saying goes. I don't see high school coaching on his resume -- unless it is so far back as to be immaterial -- and that is essentially what is needed here. That skill set. And even if he has the right skills, this ocean liner is not gonna turn on a dime. Patience is what is gonna be needed.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Suggest that we all curb our enthusiasm as the saying goes. I don't see high school coaching on his resume -- unless it is so far back as to be immaterial -- and that is essentially what is needed here. That skill set. And even if he has the right skills, this ocean liner is not gonna turn on a dime. Patience is what is gonna be needed.
I will take the coach from 'Bama over the guy with high school coaching experience on his resume.

Reaction Score

Didn't we have a guy who was a HS coach favorite? Pretty sure that didn't work out so well.

Reaction Score
The point being, guys, that UConn's D is populated primarily with guys closer to HS players than the players he has coached in his career. He is gonna be shocked at how rudimentary it is gonna be. And judging from recent years he will be shocked at the lack of mental toughness.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Do we even have 4 Linebackers?

Reaction Score
I think/hope by next week that we get a few surprises come the start if Spring semester, in the form of a few kids coming via juco, or transfer, or early HS/Prep grad route that we didnt even know about. With the changes being made, looks like we're making an effort to take a more proactive approach in terms of bringing kids that have less of an adjustment curve to the FBS level of play.

Reaction Score
I think/hope by next week that we get a few surprises come the start if Spring semester, in the form of a few kids coming via juco, or transfer, or early HS/Prep grad route that we didnt even know about. With the changes being made, looks like we're making an effort to take a more proactive approach in terms of bringing kids that have less of an adjustment curve to the FBS level of play.
Looks like we got one surprise in Jeff Woods enrolling next week

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom