Lots of love for Hawk | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lots of love for Hawk

caw

Reaction Score
He scores 20 as quietly as anyone. Just waiting for him to drop 40. He is due for a Klay Thompson.

I’ve watched a ton of college ball specifically looking at off the ball movement. I have yet to see another player grabbed and held as much as Hawkins is in BE play. I don’t have the rules in front of me so I don’t know how that should be officialled, but other conferences are calling that when it happens. It’s not shocking UConn was getting more open looks to start the year.

Long term it’s probably good Hawkins knows how to get rid of it and attack it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He’s improved more during this season than he did coming into the season. Incredible. His shot and constant moving is beautiful
He’s taken what CP3 and some other pros had worked on with him over the summer. He is only going to get better and working with the pros and pro instructors and trainers on an ongoing basis will be key. IF he stays DH better decide to draw up some plays for him that will free him up without getting beaten up every game and make that a commitment to Hawk.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
His catch, square, set, fire ability in such a short, smooth sequence is incredible to behold.

Someone like Bazz was really fun to watch because he'd catch and fire from anywhere and any set position, and had a touch so skilled he could hit with regularity. But Hawks game is so much more polished. He has the foundation to turn himself into a real stud at the next level.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
His catch, square, set, fire ability in such a short, smooth sequence is incredible to behold.

Someone like Bazz was really fun to watch because he'd catch and fire from anywhere and any set position, and had a touch so skilled he could hit with regularity. But Hawks game is so much more polished. He has the foundation to turn himself into a real stud at the next level.

I just watched a highlight of him draining a 3 on Twitter and was thinking that I haven't seen a player that can consistently make a 3 without being square to the basket when he leaves the floor since Shabazz.

Reaction Score
I just watched a highlight of him draining a 3 on Twitter and was thinking that I haven't seen a player that can consistently make a 3 without being square to the basket when he leaves the floor since Shabazz.
He had one three against providence where I’m pretty sure he was 90 degrees to the basket when he jumped, and by the time the shot was out of his hands he was perfectly square to the hoop for a bucket

Looks really smooth and easy in real time, but very difficult to hit shots like that full speed

Reaction Score
The Ray Allen comparison is ok especially when talking perimeter shooting because he can do that. He has a ways to go to compare to Ray finishing at the rim. He has shown a left hand on occasion as of late which is a nice improvement. But Ray had that ability to methodically get to the rim, didn’t rush when he needed to be creative. Stopped and popped mid range when he didn’t see enough spacing. Jordan needs to slow down on occasion, accept the 10-12 footer because he has a very nice mid range game.

Mid first round I think, should be gone unless he thinks he can go really high next year.

Reaction Score
I don't think he understands what streaky shooter means.
No doubt. I don't know if there is a way to verify, but I bet Hawk hasn't missed more than 3 or 4 consecutive 3-point attempts all year.

Reaction Score
Would love him to play for Knicks, definitely buy tickets to see more games

I guess he’s gone if he’s up to 19. A good tourney and NCAA he could go higher. Next year would have been epic.

Reaction Score
His fast twitch leaping separates him from the crowd. He gets incredibly high, incredibly fast. It means he can get a clean shot off almost any time he wants. His athleticism is under appreciated because of the ease he rises for a shot.

Reaction Score
I think some team will surprise and take Jordan higher than expected. It will be easier for him to get his shot off in the NBA and with some added strength he could be a lockdown defender.

Reaction Score
His whole attitude changed from last year when he got down on himself when he made mistakes. Handle much improved too. Maturity.
He has shot and played with a ton of confidence all year. I remember some were skeptical when Hurley kept talking him up as a first round talent all preseason. I don’t think it’s an accident that Hawkins is filled with confidence after his coach aggressively told the world how good he could be.

Reaction Score
I’ve watched a ton of college ball specifically looking at off the ball movement. I have yet to see another player grabbed and held as much as Hawkins is in BE play. I don’t have the rules in front of me so I don’t know how that should be officialled, but other conferences are calling that when it happens. It’s not shocking UConn was getting more open looks to start the year.

Long term it’s probably good Hawkins knows how to get rid of it and attack it.
Also probably good that teams won't be able to defend that way in the Tournament. Like training with ankle weights.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom