Lots of love for Hawk | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lots of love for Hawk

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hurley can really develop players… can’t believe how much better Hawkins is this year
Check out what Hawk did in the off season this past summer

Reaction Score
Early on freshman year there was talk of Jordan's shot being like Ray's. This year that is true but his movement off ball is now like Rip's. When all the comparisons are made with those 2 UConn greats is made we have to remember they both played 3 years here. I still remember where I was when I heard Rip was coming back and I knew we could win a national Title as with KFree , Jake and Khalid, Ricky and Rash and Edmund and Wane we had the pieces.

Reaction Score
This thread got me curious so I Just took a quick look and I have no idea how good these sites are but nbadraft.net has Hawkins going to knicks at no. 21, sporting news at 25 to the Grizz and the bleacher report has him at 27 to Charlotte with this ….

1. 27. Charlotte Hornets (via Nuggets): Jordan Hawkins (Connecticut, SG, Sophomore)
    Even without showing any substantial improvement to his creation, Hawkins is building a first-round case around plug-and-play shot-making in an off-ball scoring role.

Reaction Score
Sorry the bleacher report was updated with this….
  1. 19. New York Knicks (via Mavericks): Jordan Hawkins (Connecticut, SG, Sophomore)
    Shooting 44.9 percent off screens and 47.1 percent on spot-ups, Hawkins comes off as a plug-and-play shot-maker with one of the draft's most bankable shooting skills.

Reaction Score
I think Hawkins is capable of having a Davidson Steph Curry type post season. If he shows out he could actually go lottery.

If he fizzles out then I hope he returns. Then he'll be a 1st team AA candidate, but with less money.

Selfishly I want the latter with less fizzle. Either way it's gonna be exciting times for UConn in March.

Reaction Score
Hawk still has a few epic games left in him before the end of the season.. Every 20-25 + pt game makes him more money come Draft Night. Stay tuned

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think he'll go in the teens somewhere. How high (low #) in the teens I don't know. Great chance to be a solid pro because he defends and rebounds. Needs to get stronger, which will help defense and scoring at the rim.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Probably not giving Lamb enough credit but I feel like Hawkins is so much better than Lamb.
Can’t say all this. Think the only thing Hawk has over Lamb is his three point shot.

Lamb was an early lotto pick too for a reason. Lol. Hawkins has to have one of the prettiest strokes seen though. It’s so effortless.

Reaction Score
Can’t say all this. Think the only thing Hawk has over Lamb is his three point shot.

Lamb was an early lotto pick too for a reason. Lol. Hawkins has to have one of the prettiest strokes seen though. It’s so effortless.

I would guess Hawkins gets drafted in late lottery like Lamb did.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Probably not giving Lamb enough credit but I feel like Hawkins is so much better than Lamb.
Hawkins has a ways to go to be better than Lamb. Lamb was much better at having an all around game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How he developed from year 1 to year 2 is just amazing… recruits are going to want to come to uconn
Yep. I still think he could benefit from another year just in terms of size and physical maturity, but he could play the NBA level right now. I suspect he’s gone at the end of the season. He really needs to take off in the big east tournament and the NCAA’s to move him up the draft board. He looks like he’s on that trajectory right now. I love watching him getting better every game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom