Looking for insults | The Boneyard

Looking for insults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From the article:

" It was his comments about some of the athletes that Coach Summitt had recruited at Tennessee a few years back that prompted Pat to proclaim her Lady Vols would not schedule UConn in the regular season anymore."

I think that may the first time I've seen that claim. Was that what Pat said in her book?

Reaction Score
It's not his purpose to be accurate and objective on this topic. I would go so far to say that on this topic, his paycheck depends on not being accurate or objective. He has an existing audience in East Tennessee that his employers expect him to satisfy, and it seems likely he does that job in a manner in full compliance with his employer's desires.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
That is perfect. Geno didn't tie Pat's record for NCs because he didn't win any while Pat did. They need to get more iodine in the diet down in Tennessee or these tragedies will continue to happen.

Thought I recognized him from the Summitt, or one of the posters there should sue him for big-time plagiarism. 17-years as the host of Vol Network can do a PCP\Crack style job on the brain, and he's the perfect choice for his position as the Brainerd softball field backstop.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
His bio proves he's a legend in his own mind. And definitely not a gentleman.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
The fact the guy submitted a bio about as long as the article should tell you a lot.

Nan, you are absolutely correct. The man talks about Geno needing humility. Seems like Smith could use a large dose of that himself.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
This guy probably has a velvet painting of Pat in his bedroom...right above his home-made still.

Reaction Score
I would assume he never actually saw the interviews and pressers Geno did. If he did than he is a best a liar and at worst a hate mongerer. I guess we see how the level of hate for Geno is maintained in Tenn. I just wonder how fans of UT that actually watched and heard what Geno actually said reconcile it with this rant.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
"He is the perfect antithesis of everything that Coach Summitt represents to the people of Tennessee. He is the Darth Vader to Pat’s Luke Skywalker."

Apparently, in Tennessee, Darth Vader wins at the end of the Star Wars' trilogy.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Wow! Totally inaccurate, out of context, and borders of fabrication. He is truly a legend in his own mind. Geno's comments regarding Pat Summit were entirely complimentary, I thought overly so. In fact, I was impressed with Geno trying to do and say the right thing. It just goes to show that no matter how hard Geno tries, he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I would be interested to see the comments to his piece...I'll bet they are basically from two camps...those that agree with him because they hate Geno and can't accept any notion that he just might be a good guy after all and those that totally take this guy to the woodshed because like all of us here they know BS when they see it.

Reaction Score
I think its funny,that he said Geno has never won any of his championships,his players did.True,but duh,wouldn't that be true of Pat too,or any other coach?

Reaction Score
Sounds like one of the "Off" posters on the Summit who claim they "won't even watch the game" if UCONN is involved, then, go on for 6 drivel-ridden paragraphs detailing every perceived slight by Sir Weno.

He quotes a column for plausible deniability so he can fit with his denier pals.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think its funny,that he said Geno has never won any of his championships,his players did.True,but duh,wouldn't that be true of Pat too,or any other coach?
And in any context Geno would immediately admit that.

Reaction Score
Ah, Louisville did us a favor. UConn could not have beaten Baylor, but a team UConn beat by 33 pts could ? Yeah, there's some logic for you. Its debatable if Baylor - having won the game against Louisville - could have then won two more games to get to the finals.

Regardless, UConn trailed Baylor by just 2 points with 4 minutes to play back on February 18th, in a game in which their best player over the last month did not score and only played 7 minutes.

The same team that could not beat Notre Dame in 3 tries managed to beat them by 18. Suffice to say, I think there is a very good chance that IF Baylor had made the finals, that UConn could very well have beaten them. They didn't need any "favors" from anyone.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I used the link to access Mr. Smith's column and then I read it.

Next I printed it and took it to the smallest room in my home.

Once there, I read it again.

Then I put it behind me.
Where did you find printer paper soft enough not to cut you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom