Looking for insults | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Looking for insults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure about crass, but a google search does not pull up any other spellings of "wop-sided" (i.e. lopsided) that way. I guess the term originated to convey the sense of being whacked (whopped) so hard you go all wobbly. So you gotta say he's original. And here I thought he was just ordinary Summitt gas station toilet scum.

Not evactly the way I took it given the tone of the article...

Reaction Score
Not sure about crass, but a google search does not pull up any other spellings of "wop-sided" (i.e. lopsided) that way. I guess the term originated to convey the sense of being whacked (whopped) so hard you go all wobbly. So you gotta say he's original. And here I thought he was just ordinary Summitt gas station toilet scum.

That was not an inadvertant staement. WOP sided- Wop is a derogitory for an Italian, meaning (without papers) Southerners are the most prejudiced of all
about all races and religions. Is that prejudiced enough

Reaction Score
That was not an inadvertant staement. WOP sided- Wop is a derogitory for an Italian, meaning (without papers) Southerners are the most prejudiced of all

(Sigh...)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Yeah, got that possibility, but I've never seen the insult spelled "whop" nor have I ever seen the term "whop-sided," though "wop-sided" is an occassional variant of lopsided but does not include any ethnic connotation. Just a little confusing.

Reaction Score
I would have given the clown the benefit of the doubt if he had said, "whupp-sided" (or "whoop") as in "they got whupped" but, the pronunciation of "whop" is pretty obvious: too cute by half.

Can't be too sensitive when you read the summit.

Yeah, got that possibility, but I've never seen the insult spelled "whop" nor have I ever seen the term "whop-sided," though "wop-sided" is an occassional variant of lopsided but does not include any ethnic connotation. Just a little confusing.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Apparently wopsided (or "whop-sided" [sic]) is a word that's found it's way into the vernacular. Do a Google search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom