Long Goodman article on the program | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Long Goodman article on the program

Reaction Score
Thank you. I take pride in calling out malakas. You ain't seen nothing yet. Can't wait to see KO still here next year to watch your head explode.
I guess that’s a 2way street..cause when DB fires him you won’t be here anymore posting stupid S. H. I. T

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Please.

As a freshman he had an effective fg% of 53.3 and shot 39.7% from 3 pt range.

He was so far head and shoulders above everyone on last year’s team as a shooter it’s ridiculous.

You don’t like the kid and you don’t want him around - fine I guess. The kid can shoot the basketball.

I don't think it's about disliking the kid...more like disliking having his daddy around. We didn't and don't need players with whack job parents, to coin a phrase our own James A. Calhoun uses to describe parents like Jackson's daddy.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
What world do you live in where this is even a possibility?

I'd love to be fly on the wall for that conversation.

AD Dave: Kevin, we're going to have to let you go.

Ollie: Ok. That'll be $9 million dollars, please.

AD Dave: OR....or...we forget about that pesky little contract you signed and we pay you a small fraction of the king's ransom that you're currently making for the exact same job.

Lol man contracts are meant to be broken. It's just a piece of paper. What ever happened to just a handshake. They should renegotiate the contract and void the old contract. Again, if KO really bleeds blue money should not matter. Look at Geno, he is not accepting pay this year. KO should follow his example. It would be honorable.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I guess that’s a 2way street..cause when DB fires him you won’t be here anymore posting stupid S. H. I. T

Lmfao... you mad brah? Malaka...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Lol man contracts are meant to be broken. It's just a piece of paper. What ever happened to just a handshake. They should renegotiate the contract and void the old contract. Again, if KO really bleeds blue money should not matter. Look at Geno, he is not accepting pay this year. KO should follow his example. It would be honorable.

Geno is taking his full pay this year. Same as every year. He just made one off the cuff remark to the contrary.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Article simply reiterates what we knew, and what was obvious from the results we’ve seen.

• Recruiting effort isn’t there, and talent recognition is poor. That remains true once they sign. He doesn’t know who his best players are. Even now, he doesn’t know who to play or when to play them.
  • Game planning for opponents is non existent. Look at how we start games. Look how unprepared we have been for teams like Wagner and Columbia. They toss the ball and we play as if it’s a game in the neighborhood.
  • Individual coaching, which leads to player development, doesn’t seem to occur. Who has improved on this team? Adams was better the second half of his freshman season than he is now. Facey got better as a senior, probably because KO had to finally play him. Other than Facey, nobody on any of the last 3-4 teams has been better year to year than they were when they got here.
It all points to the same thing @Fishy has said, he’s simply not interested in putting in that level of effort. Maybe he worked too hard all those years in the NBA and is tired of it. Maybe it’s the dissolution of his family. Maybe it’s the money, and the fact that he doesn’t have to work to get that next contract. Probably several factors.

I do think he has enough pride not to want to be straight up fired. So I think they will find a way to reduce the buyout and he can find an NBA assistant job, where he won’t be scrutinized or bear the responsibility he does now.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Oh no. I just demanded that my wife tell me where she’s been stashing the $115K I’m not seeing of that.
Does she have a nursing degree? If she's only making $35k, she's doing a doctor.

C

Chief00

RNs earn $150K plus in CT.

It was the absolute wrong time for KO to get divorced when his income was at its max. Probably saw the opportunity and went for it. Funny how less than a year earlier, he and she talked like everything was all rainbows and butterflies.

He did not pick the timing, she filed on him.

Compare $150k to $3 million and she did all this bs to help his career etc would be the narrative

C

Chief00

Agreed and I am sure that Jackson's shortcomings were pointed out innumerable times by KO and staff. But if you "picture yourself" as the next Kevin Durant and have neither the talent nor the work ethic it is never going to happen.
I kind of laugh at that response by KO because it summarizes the lack of effort and hustle of so many players in this program for the last few years. I'd like to hear KO's version of Jackson's shortcomings but he repeatedly talked about guys working on weaknesses in the gym after hours. I also am not buying that coaches were not available to help guys. And what about the commitments to summer camps? I am sure there is plenty of blame to go around but I think it is one sided in this article. We shall see how great the transfers out become in the next few years. You either have character or you don't and it is a little late to start developing it in a year or two and expecting grand results.

After hours - just need the key to gym and know where light switch is - agreed it’s BS - they have both

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Does she have a nursing degree? If she's only making $35k, she's doing a doctor.
Yes. And a BSW. She’s done a variety of different RN jobs for more than 20 years and could be making a lot more if she worked full time and took a job she doesn’t like, which she has done from time to time. She doesn’t work full time and she works a job she likes, where she has been for many years, sometimes working less and sometimes working more, depending on her main job as a stay at home mom.

But your $150K average is way off no matter.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
To me, at this point it’s a longshot to be better next year no matter who the coach is.

No matter who is coach it would seem you’d need both of these to be true: Adams stays and Gilbert rises from the dead.

Unless everybody leaves, or we hire a moron, we should be much better next year with a new coach. We will need one of either Adams or a healthy Gilbert.

But I think firing Ollie makes it more likely that we don’t see another bunch of transfers.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Oh no. I just demanded that my wife tell me where she’s been stashing the $115K I’m not seeing of that.

Wait ...

Ha, I liked your post, because 150 no way...but if your wife is an RN an making $35k she did something wrong, unless she knew she was taking lesser pay for the job. They make solid coin...

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Yes. And a BSW. She’s done a variety of different RN jobs for more than 20 years and could be making a lot more if she worked full time and took a job she doesn’t like, which she has done from time to time. She doesn’t work full time and she works a job she likes, where she has been for many years, sometimes working less and sometimes working more, depending on her main job as a stay at home mom.

But your $150K average is way off no matter.

Ok, haha sorry didn’t see this.

Carry on about KO getting fired, blah blah.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't think it's about disliking the kid...more like disliking having his daddy around. We didn't and don't need players with whack job parents, to coin a phrase our own James A. Calhoun uses to describe parents like Jackson's daddy.

Looking at this circus why would I assume it’s the father in the wrong?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wait ...

Ha, I liked your post, because 150 no way...but if your wife is an RN an making $35k she did something wrong, unless she knew she was taking lesser pay for the job. They make solid coin...
Clearly she’s doing a doctor.

Reaction Score
Good article - but can Ollie speak in anything but stupid "motivational" cliches and meaningless drivel? Address the situation head on and then you'll get some respect back. And take some DAMN responsibility.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Looking at this circus why would I assume it’s the father in the wrong?

Maybe because he wanted his kid to be the focal point of the UCONN team on offense? That and he fed Goodman his side of the story regarding their acrimonious parting with UCONN? Or perhaps the possibility that daddy was the guy who ratted UCONN out to the NCAA?

Read Calhoun's book. He discusses at some length having to deal with parents like Jackson's daddy on the recruiting trail.

pj

Reaction Score
Now I've heard it all, we should keep the guy who is paid over 3 mil. per year because he got divorced 3 years ago and may be depressed.

Except in the case of NCAA violations which would provide cause, KO already has the $3 mn per year through 2021. It is a sunk cost. Given the fixed nature of the sunk cost, the reality is that KO costs us an additional $0 through 2021 and other coaches would cost us an additional $2-3 mn/year. This makes KO a bargain. Maybe not a good enough bargain to keep, but he's $2 mn cheaper than the next guy.

NCAA violations change that calculus entirely. Money becomes a non-issue. On a level playing field, all you have to do is improve upon KO as a coach.

pj

Reaction Score
Clearly she’s doing a doctor.

I may be behind the times on the sexual market ... but if she were doing a doctor, wouldn't she be making more not less? In my day there was a quid pro quo, not a quid et quo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom