Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reasons we have trouble selling tickets:

1. They're bad
2. They're really, really bad
3. Like, historically bad.
4. Tulsa?
5. Oh god they're so much worse than even Tulsa
942. Wow giving away free tickets after I PAID for them? Ugh.

Reaction Score
Lost my dad this spring. Lost my love of UConn football due to Bobby Fiasco. Hoping Randy can bring back some semblance of respectability. Hoping tomorrow brings a good effort. Hoping football isn’t dead. Remember. Hope is a good thing. Perhaps the greatest thing. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember these “once great Seton Hall, St. John’s, and Providence” programs with their combined 0 national championships?

They were decent programs. They were and will never be confused with great programs.

Nova won more titles in the New Big East than they did the old one.

With UConn, the new Big East is head and shoulders above the AAC. Not even close.
If you must misquote me to make a point, please acknowledge that. Ok Jerk?

Seton Hall....Big East Champs 1991, 1992, 1993. NCAA tournament appearances....1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
National Championship Final 1989

St John's..... Conference Champs 1980, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1992
NCAA tournament appearances........1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993
Final Four......1985

Providence....... Final Four 1987, Conference Champs 1994

Was Lou Carnasecca a great coach.......yes
Was Dave Gavitt a great coach...............yes
Was PJ Carlisemo a great coach............yes

.........but they all had only average or maybe ok basketball programs. I love your logic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you must misquote me to make a point, please acknowledge that. Ok Jerk?

Seton Hall....Big East Champs 1991, 1992, 1993. NCAA tournament appearances....1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
National Championship Final 1989

St John's..... Conference Champs 1980, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1992
NCAA tournament appearances...1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993
Final Four.1985

Providence.. Final Four 1987, Conference Champs 1994

Was Lou Carnasecca a great coach..yes
Was Dave Gavitt a great coach.....yes
Was PJ Carlisemo a great coach..yes

....but they all had only average or maybe ok basketball programs. I love your logic.
And Providence and Seton Hall suck now according to you despite being better than they were the previous decade or so before the new alignment of the Big East...

Providence making 5 NCAA tournaments in a row before last season and Seton Hall making 4 NCAA tournaments in a row with them most likely making their 5th in a row this upcoming season with a composite preseason ranking of around 12th in the nation...But as you say they suck, you're making a ton of sense in this thread.

Reaction Score
And Providence and Seton Hall suck now according to you despite being better than they were the previous decade or so before the new alignment of the Big East...

Providence making 5 NCAA tournaments in a row before last season and Seton Hall making 4 NCAA tournaments in a row with them most likely making their 5th in a row this upcoming season with a composite preseason ranking of around 12th in the nation...But as you say they suck, you're making a ton of sense in this thread.
Seton Hall? 20-14 is good? Lost their first three non conference games? Got blown out by Wofford in the NCAA first round? What about St John's? You left them out when trying to make your stupid point, and the other jerk before you left out Georgetown when trying to màke his stupid point. I hope it's good stuff you're smoking.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall? 20-14 is good? Lost their first three non conference games? Got blown out by Wofford in the NCAA first round? What about St John's? You left them out when trying to make your stupid point, and the other jerk before you left out Georgetown when trying to màke his stupid point. I hope it's good stuff you're smoking.
UConn basketball wins championships because of UConn football and UConn basketball is now the Southern version of Vermont. Providence and Seton Hall both suck now despite making 5 tournaments in a row and 4 tournaments in a row respectively and Seton Hall being ranked 12th preseason.

Your arguments are really sound and you haven't embarrassed yourself at all in this thread or the thread about Connecticut high school football or the postgame thread where you just figured out Edsall doesn't know what he's doing.

Reaction Score
UConn basketball wins championships because of UConn football and UConn basketball is now the Southern version of Vermont. Providence and Seton Hall both suck now despite making 5 tournaments in a row and 4 tournaments in a row respectively and Seton Hall being ranked 12th preseason.

Your arguments are really sound and you haven't embarrassed yourself at all in this thread or the thread about Connecticut high school football or the postgame thread where you just figured out Edsall doesn't know what he's doing.
You should go back to claiming the moral superiority of basketball players. At least that makes more sense relatively speaking. I hope you're rooting for Uconn today but somehow I doubt it.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Program was dead man walking after the ACC took Louisville. The AAC was never going to work long term in my opinion.

The AAC is working fine. It's the best G5 league and getting better. The reason it didn't work for us is because our administration never put the effort into building a football program. If Temple could do it, so could we, with the right approach and money to back it up. Instead we elected to go cheap.

Reaction Score
Lol. How can people defend this? Who runs a multi million dollar business like this?

People are defending it because they either have given up (accepted) that football is going to be dead or moved to FCS, or they don't care about football.

Reaction Score
It's all opinion, but I can't put the NBE over the ACC, SEC, and B1G.
Having around 40 out of conference losses last year doesn't help the idiots who claim the NBE "is a great basketball conference".

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Having around 40 out of conference losses last year doesn't help the idiots who claim the NBE "is a great basketball conference".

So you think the big east is better or worse than the AAC? In terms of basketball?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The AAC is working fine. It's the best G5 league and getting better. The reason it didn't work for us is because our administration never put the effort into building a football program. If Temple could do it, so could we, with the right approach and money to back it up. Instead we elected to go cheap.

Your first sentence says it all. The best G5 league. It's midmajor. After being sold on games vs. Miami, BC, Virginia Tech, Pitt, West Virginia, Rutgers, Syracuse, etc. No matter what happened the fans were never going to get fully behind a southern mid major football league.

Also, lol at the notion the SEC is better than the Big East in hoops.

Reaction Score
You should go back to claiming the moral superiority of basketball players. At least that makes more sense relatively speaking. I hope you're rooting for Uconn today but somehow I doubt it.
We've been hit by the NCAA for men's basketball, not football... We have some really dumb fans.

Reaction Score
This will turn out to be one the most devastatingly bad moves ever made by UConn. Even if we make some noise in the NCAA tourney over the next few year, it’s a cheap, transient high with little meaning on the college sports landscape. We have all proof sitting in front of our faces. The most powerful and successful college basketball program in the country didn’t mean crap for conference alignment time and time again.

Reaction Score
I’ve got a great idea....all the energy put forward on this board should be taken out to the rent today and put towards cheering on your State U! If you paid for your tickets...got them free....or a helicopter dropped them on your house....whatever! Get there early and cheer for the boys in blue!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Anyone else incredibly board of these types of conversations?

There are no seats left in P5 land. None.

The entire economic formula (cable boxes) is eroding.

The mirage is over. Time to let go.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Seton Hall, this year, would smoke Houston or UCF last year. Absolutely smoke. Seton Hall is a borderline top 10 team. Obviously you haven't been paying attention.

Reaction Score
This will turn out to be one the most devastatingly bad moves ever made by UConn. Even if we make some noise in the NCAA tourney over the next few year, it’s a cheap, transient high with little meaning on the college sports landscape. We have all proof sitting in front of our faces. The most powerful and successful college basketball program in the country didn’t mean crap for conference alignment time and time again.
I don't know about that. I think having 2 flagship rival schools being independent and in bordering high population density states should open eyes one day. I know no one cares for western Mass at the moment but UMass is still the state flagship school. Obviously, the state of Massachusetts is not giving up. And that state does have a lot of old money.

Reaction Score
I’ve got a great idea....all the energy put forward on this board should be taken out to the rent today and put towards cheering on your State U! If you paid for your tickets...got them free....or a helicopter dropped them on your house....whatever! Get there early and cheer for the boys in blue!

Yes I agree!! Pleas make some noise at the Rent today! At Last weeks game it seemed everyone was in a trance!!
Let’s make some noise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman