Local prep coaches weigh in on UConn's status in recruiting world | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Local prep coaches weigh in on UConn's status in recruiting world

Reaction Score
You can't fire me, I need to finish my BY pension/healthcare credits. LOL
Quite frankly, if the poor performance of our Bigs isn't on our point recruiter or Bigs Coach who both happened to be Miller - I am not sure where to go on that? Of course, as CEO KO owns the problem too.
Glen has not come to terms with how his Bigs coaching, recruiting and gimmick zones had poor results. I think he scouts well and Jim says he's good with X's and O's. I will fault KO for putting him in the wrong roles but the dude made $350k a years - stop whining about what a bad dude KO is for expecting results for that money. Also, this retirement stuff is garbage - it's big time college athletics not some state bureaucratic position - KO will be fired if he drops the ball this season - should we keep him on so he can earn pension credits?

KO gave him time to find a job without announcing it but all Miller time did was trash Ollie - and MAL is exhibit A regarding the damage it did.

Reaction Score
Watching Miller try to teach Brimah Akeem The Dream complex post moves in practices always indicated to me without Calhoun's guidance Miller was toast. With Brimah he should have kept it simple and basic. Jim would have told him that. I never saw Brimah use any of The Dream's post moves in a game.

Only because he wasn't capable. Easy to see, even without a good coach kids get better because they're smart enough to bring what they learn to the court.

C

Chief00

Only because he wasn't capable. Easy to see, even without a good coach kids get better because they're smart enough to bring what they learn to the court.
But, if Glen's evaluation assessment was better he would have kept it basic and not wasted untold hours teaching him stuff he could never implement. I think a lot of that has to do with Glen never playing in the post himself. I would have worked on his face up foul line jumper - which wasn't bad and could have been weaponized with some practice. That would have pressured the defense on the high screen play with the guard. If they covered him outside then the dunk lob pass would work better.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Watching Miller try to teach Brimah Akeem The Dream complex post moves in practices always indicated to me without Calhoun's guidance Miller was toast. With Brimah he should have kept it simple and basic. Jim would have told him that. I never saw Brimah use any of The Dream's post moves in a game.
The very first job for a bigs coach is to develop the ability to catch the basketball. This has been a consistent problem for our posts for years. Catching and controlling rebounds and passes. Ha sheen couldn't catch Phil Nolan couldn't catch Brimah couldn't catch.

I would almost scream at the tv every time I saw some small forward catch the ball off our posts hands or our post be wide open and have to juggle the ball giving weak side help time to close.

Face it UCONN has for years focused on two or three athletic wings or pressure guards to win and we have not been fundamentally sound.

Maybe I've gotten too old for this game but I would like to see a return to fundamental BB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom