Lobster Roll in CT | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Lobster Roll in CT

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Had a pretty good lobster roll a few weeks ago.

Asked the guy if he would mind sharing the recipe.

1. Lobster
2. Roll

Combine.
Was he a toddler?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The hot lobster roll platter (w/ slaw and fries) at Bill's is 20 bucks.
Had the worst lobster roll of my life there last weekend and frankly I think all the food there is horrifically overrated because of a nice view.

Reaction Score
We tried to get a Ford's lobster roll on Saturday but they took the phone off the hook. They must have been buried! Ended up at Bill's and they were perfect. Rolls and fries even stood up in the travel containers in the 15 minutes we drove to find some place to park.

August_West

Reaction Score
I know Im going to regret this because all you custies are going to screw up my order times....

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I know Im going to regret this because all you custies are going to screw up my order times....

Come on, man. I've been holding this under my hat for a week or more now! Shhhhh!!!

Reaction Score
Anybody had the lobster roll at Liv's Shack? Wife and I tried to just take a look but it is in a gated marina so we weren't sure how to drive in, gate was closed. We had takeout from Bill's and went to Hammonasset to enjoy it. I was actually hoping to buy this shirt from Liv's, no idea if they sell them.
1589988581967.png

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Had my first lobster roll of the season last week at Jessica's Garden. I feel comfortable saying this because I know you don't dare step East North of the River. ;)

August_West

Reaction Score
Had my first lobster roll of the season last week at Jessica's Garden. I feel comfortable saying this because I know you don't dare step East North of the River. ;)
I don’t go further north than essex

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
OT, I just picked up some soft shell crabs at Paganos (Norwalk) and grilled them for lunch. Tremendous. Big and sweet. The fish monger said they are coming in that way from Maryland, and expects them to last for another month or so.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anybody had the lobster roll at Liv's Shack? Wife and I tried to just take a look but it is in a gated marina so we weren't sure how to drive in, gate was closed. We had takeout from Bill's and went to Hammonasset to enjoy it. I was actually hoping to buy this shirt from Liv's, no idea if they sell them. View attachment 54518
Yes. I posted about both the shirt and the roll upthread. I own the shirt and their lobster roll was A+.

August_West

Reaction Score
Yes. I posted about both the shirt and the roll upthread. I own the shirt and their lobster roll was A+.

Im told they aint in westbrrok any longer though

August_West

Reaction Score
You mean no Liv's Shack in Westbrook this summer?
It’s what I hear. They are running Saybrook only. I could be wrong. But I heard that from my parents who are pilots point members.

Reaction Score
It’s what I hear. They are running Saybrook only. I could be wrong. But I heard that from my parents who are pilots point members.
Turning Westbrook into a full service restaurant, not sure if it will be open this summer. Coronavirus has hampered construction I guess. I'll make another attempt to go there (Old Saybrook) this summer. I had not paid any attention to what town it was in and saw the name Liv's Shack and tried to see it, I was actually at the Westbrook one which is also in a marina. Explains why I couldn't get in, it wasn't open.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Order placed for dinner pickup at Lobster Landing tonight!

Reaction Score
For those in the greater-Hartford area, Deepwater Seafood in Avon has a fantastic lobster roll for $18.95.

The kids and I had a hot roll with butter, wife had cold with mayo. The roll is sort of a butterflied and grilled piece of french bread. Delicious See pic on the website for a better description.

I had a stuffed clam and we also got the lobster mac and cheese to share and everything was dynamite.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Turning Westbrook into a full service restaurant, not sure if it will be open this summer. Coronavirus has hampered construction I guess. I'll make another attempt to go there (Old Saybrook) this summer. I had not paid any attention to what town it was in and saw the name Liv's Shack and tried to see it, I was actually at the Westbrook one which is also in a marina. Explains why I couldn't get in, it wasn't open.
9B45D61B-E663-4E4F-BEF3-F8A97166F40A.jpeg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Went to Liv’s Shack Westbrook location tonight, where Boom used to be. Great location; had a couple really nice meals at Boom so we were bummed to hear that it closed, but psyched when Liv’s moved in. Apparently next summer they will have a full service bar and be similar to Bill’s Seafood. I will definitely try to get there at least one more time while they are BYOB because everything was excellent and we love the value in bringing our own booze.

The 4 oz. lobster rolls were loaded with large pieces of impeccable claw meat. Much different than Lobster Landing, which has mostly knuckle meat. Claw meat can be tricky because the lobster has to be really fresh or else it gets rubbery; this was perfect. I would rate it at a tie for third with Johnny Ad’s; Lobster Landing and Ford’s are still tied at 1 and 1A for me.

Fried calamari, New England clam chowder and fries were all also very good.

Bonus points for t-shirt that says (in words and images) “No Mayo; Lobster + butter; How Connecticut Rolls”

Of course I bought one.
We went here for dinner last night. Still BYOB, at least for the time being; no fried calamari currently, either.

I got the 8 oz. lobster roll and once again it was exactly as described above. Loaded with absolutely perfect claw meat, some tail and a little knuckle. Great spot. We will be back.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had an appointment in New London today that conveniently ended around 12:30, which meant that it made perfect sense for me to drive another ten miles up the road and grab a lobster roll and Noank chowder from Ford's.

Another A+ roll. Pretty much a perfect distribution of buttery (but not too buttery), tender claw, tail and knuckle meat. I still rate it as a dead heat with Lobster Landing, and just a touch ahead of Liv's.

Excellent clear broth chowder, too--especially for one that doesn't use bacon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Had an appointment in New London today that conveniently ended around 12:30, which meant that it made perfect sense for me to drive another ten miles up the road and grab a lobster roll and Noank chowder from Ford's.

Another A+ roll. Pretty much a perfect distribution of buttery (but not too buttery), tender claw, tail and knuckle meat. I still rate it as a dead heat with Lobster Landing, and just a touch ahead of Liv's.

Excellent clear broth chowder, too--especially for one that doesn't use bacon.
How was the seating? You up on the rails or table. Tuesday afternoon, nice.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How was the seating? You up on the rails or table. Tuesday afternoon, nice.
last I knew they were only doing takeout still but that was a couple weeks ago when I went
They are seating outside on the docks, not in the restaurant. I was solo yesterday so they sat me by myself on a great perch that was essentially a countertop overlooking the docks and the water. Perfect. There were a few tables with a couple people at them, but I would have rather been exactly where I was. It can be a little breezy so you need to weigh down your napkins and the empty oyster cracker bag to prevent them from blowing away; and you have to read the menu online on your own phone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom