Lobster Roll in CT | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lobster Roll in CT

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
so Ive been in Maine for a couple days played a fest in the sticks well north of Augusta on a pot farm last night but that's a different story.

Look what adub found in the hinterlands near auburn.

I won

August_West

Reaction Score
I'm a CT lobster roll aficionado not a Maine one, but is Arby's so I had to take the plunge.

It was the best Maine style lobster roll I've ever had.

I'll tell you why:

Star cut bun.

You heard me right,-Arby's puts their lobster on their legendary star cut bun.

Delicious.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Don’t eat at Arby’s or Red Lobster unless you’re comfortable going through life looking like a ‘before’ picture.

August_West

Reaction Score
Don’t eat at Arby’s or Red Lobster unless you’re comfortable going through life looking like a ‘before’ picture.
You should see my after. Now I look like all of you. ....... Well..... almost .......

But I got to eat Arby's and Red lobster along the way.

My doctor just removed a blood pressure med from my daily.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You should see my after. Now I look like all of you. .. Well..... almost ..

I can attest. Saw ADub slaying it in the sweltering heat on Thursday and he is svelte. Jets t-shirt didn’t do him justice.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

All jokes aside, good for you.

But still, no one should eat at Arby’s or Red Lobster. That’s where they serve the sick cows and lobsters that the restaurants didn’t want.

Reaction Score
Steam lobster.

Melt butter.

Put on roll.

Still, one can be better than another. That little bit of extra care, lightly grilling a good bun with butter, an ample amount of perfectly steamed, tender, tasty lobster, with just the slightest, the slightest hint of lemon will leave me saying "Yes, indeed, that was good, this is why I like lobster rolls." Two in a row, in an unhurried manner, with some ocean ambience, or even comfortably at home, is a fine lunch.

And it is simple. That's the beauty of it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Three pages and no one has mentioned Ford's yet? The best lobster roll in CT, but why settle for that when you can opt for the Lobster Bomb! The lobster BLT is also worth a second trip.

Ford's Lobster: From Hot Dog Cart To Upscale Seafood On The Waterfront

It is byob and there is a local package store you can call and have alcohol delivered.

Haven’t been to Ford’s yet. I heard about the Lobster Bomb a few months back though! Next time I’m back in CT this will be one of the spots I hit along with Pepe’s and Modern.

Reaction Score

Congrats on the weight loss AW! Are you doing that high meat intake, low carb diet?

August_West

Reaction Score
Congrats on the weight loss AW! Are you doing that high meat intake, low carb diet?

I mean I definitely watch carbs. (no pizza no beer :( ) But Im really not cutting any single thing out other than those horrible offenders, or eating a lot of anything else. I simply watch calorie intake via portion control. Eat frequently (the 3 meals, plus in between snacks) and try to balance as best I can where the calories are coming from in a Protein/Carbs/Fat ratio. (40/40/20 ) Its the type of Carbs that are killer. White flour carbs = bad. Fruit carbs? OK.

That's it. Not rocket science and no tricks other than discipline about eating times and knowing what I eat..

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
With or without flies?

adds a little crunch to the equation

d1d.gif

Reaction Score
Fake news. You must have been somewhere else. Nothing about this is remotely accurate, including the 30 minute wait. I've been there literally dozens of times and there has never, ever been anything more than a ten minute wait.

Tasteless? Terrible? OMG. You must have gone to bizarro Lobster Landing.

This guy probably doesn't realize the owner catches/supplies a majority of the lobsters to most restaurants on the shoreline. So he has the freshest and literally the pick of the litter

Reaction Score
Every Monday from 4-8 PM Eli’s in Hamden has a lobster roll platter for $12. It’s pretty good.

Glenwood in Hamden is also a sleeper spot for a really good lobster roll. They go overboard on the butter at times, since it's Glenwood after all, but it's still a generous portion and everything is on point.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Glenwood in Hamden is also a sleeper spot for a really good lobster roll. They go overboard on the butter at times, since it's Glenwood after all, but it's still a generous portion and everything is on point.
Great hot dogs, and the best onion rings, period. I normally don't even like onion rings, but I always get them there because theirs are so good.

Reaction Score
Great hot dogs, and the best onion rings, period. I normally don't even like onion rings, but I always get them there because theirs are so good.

I'm glad you like them because they're what, $5? lol. Most expensive rings I've seen in the state and it's not a huge portion. I think they cost more than the hot dogs. I enjoy everything there though, my favorite greasy spoon in the area.

Related: I'm glad Kelly's Kone Konnection ditched the KKK abbreviation and changed to Kelly's Cone Connection.

Reaction Score
We took the kids to Mystic in April and I had a great hot lobster roll at Red 36. Nice place, open air, right on the water. Good food and raw bar.

Reaction Score

2 DAAAAWGS, 1 FRENCH WRAP EM.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom