Lobster Roll in CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lobster Roll in CT

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I didn't buy any $23 or $27 lobster rolls, I'm not stupid. There is a place down the street from me that has a $59 1 lb. lobster roll.

Maine during the summer robs people blind. Pretty much everything from rolls to oysters to clam platters ( even stupid strips! ) runs you 25-35 bucks an order

Reaction Score
This is almost backwards. After the fact, it's almost as though you are asking if anyone likes it, rather than telling us if you did. So, how was it?

If you enjoyed your lobster roll, then I'm happy for you, even if it may have been (or was) a lesser lobster roll when compared with other places mentioned.

It may have been 'good enough,' and cost you less in time and traffic and money.

I forfeited yoga on the beach before it got crazy sticky hot this morning in order to connect w/Lady Hans, set up for another air conditioner, and let my body wake up some more. Instead, I did a free yoga class 300 steps from home, with West Rock beautifully looming in the distance, and am returning home now on a nice neighborhood walk, with snap peas, zucchini, and baby red romaine lettuce from the farmer's market, and change from om my $5 bill.

The guy playing solo electric guitar in the background throughout was NOT the best guitarist I've ever seen live, but he was definitely a net positive. And I don't regret not driving 95 miles each way to sit on the lawn at Tanglewood this afternoon and listen to Ry Cooder and Emmylou Harris, even though Ry is in my Top 5 of performers I've never seen live who is still playing well.
huh.gif

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Maine during the summer robs people blind. Pretty much everything from rolls to oysters to clam platters ( even stupid strips! ) runs you 25-35 bucks an order
And apparently $500+ per night for basic hotel accommodations in Portland. No thanks.

Reaction Score
never had a lobster roll before for some weird reason, so going to get one today. Was gonna go to bills seafood...will this be a good lobster roll spot?
Bill's is our favorite spot. Have been going there forever. You can't go wrong with the lobster roll there. They also have really good Rhode Island clam chowder.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
To answer, I didn’t really get what the buzz was all about. It wasn’t gross, but I’m not sure I’d be blown away by another better lobster roll. Probably wouldn’t go out of my way to get one again

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Lobster Landing in Clinton is the best.

Their sausage and peppers is also excellent (sausage from Meadow Meat in Middletown).

It's also byob.
Nope...he was asking about Bill's Seafood.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
PS - I've enjoyed my lobster roll the two times I've gotten one from the Lobster Hut truck in Milford, in case anyone has wondered about it.

I tried it once, and wondered why I did. Was very unimpressed.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I tried it once, and wondered why I did. Was very unimpressed.
One thing is for certain: a disappointing lobster roll plays out the way you and @uconnphil2016 wrote it. Lady Hans doesn't get it and has stopped trying. Now that I think of it more, my first trip to Lobster Hut was better than second..

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nope...he was asking about Bill's Seafood.
SUD
They don’t have rolls. But they should. Their fried lobster and waffles offering is sublime .

I’m sure a company that has America’s freshest seafood from coast to coast could straight up kill a lobster roll. They are seafood professionals.
The obviousness of this troll job will dilute the quality of your Arby’s troll.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
SUD

The obviousness of this troll job will dilute the quality of your Arby’s troll.
You haven’t tried the ched bay waffles. So you are basing your premise on incomplete information.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
To answer, I didn’t really get what the buzz was all about. It wasn’t gross, but I’m not sure I’d be blown away by another better lobster roll. Probably wouldn’t go out of my way to get one again

A good lobster roll is a good lobster roll. If you’ve had one, you have had them all.

But these navel gazers have to do this. They can’t help themselves.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score

You get it with mayo?

Reaction Score
You can go to Boston and get a $1000 lobster roll A North End restaurant makes a 6-foot, 15-pound lobster roll that costs $1,000
Fresh reminder tourists and other suckahs are born every day

Reaction Score
That's not a lobster roll. That cold abomination with mayo is lobster salad.
It's most people's idea of a lobster roll and is what's almost always served in Maine, I agree the CT. version is superior.

Reaction Score
A good lobster roll is a good lobster roll. If you’ve had one, you have had them all.

But these navel gazers have to do this. They can’t help themselves.
Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch every single day for you, huh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom