Lobster Roll in CT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lobster Roll in CT

Reaction Score
Just don't over cook the friggin lobster if you do cook at home. 4 out of five casual lobster fans over cook.

Steam for 10 minutes for 3 to 4 1.5 lb. Lobsters on same pot.

If you must boil just put the lobsters in tepid water and bring to boil. Boil for a minute to 90 seconds. Done.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's most people's idea of a lobster roll and is what's almost always served in Maine, I agree the CT. version is superior.
They charge you $25 for cold lobster salad? Holy crap.

Between this and the $500+ per night, 3-star hotels I can see how it has earned its "Vacationland" nickname.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just don't over cook the friggin lobster if you do cook at home. 4 out of five casual lobster fans over cook.

If you must boil just put the lobsters in tepid water and bring to boil. Boil for a minute to 90 seconds. Done.
Mrs. 8893 missed this memo last night.

Reaction Score
MESOCE-1034.jpg | Susan Cole Kelly Photography

In my opinion, you don’t pay the money just for the lobster meat on a roll. For me, it’s a couple times per summer, drive it’s the top down, good summer day. A good water view, cold beers and a lobster roll.

If you’ve ever been to the Lobster Shack at Two Lights in Maine and didn’t enjoy it? That’s your problem.

Reaction Score
They charge you $25 for cold lobster salad? Holy crap.

Between this and the $500+ per night, 3-star hotels I can see how it has earned its "Vacationland" nickname.
It's like a more expensive Canada with more unattractive women and more massholes.

Reaction Score
Cereal.

He's like my middle daughter: they would both be perfectly happy eating cereal for every meal.
One of my best friends is like that, he'll go to an awesome italian restaurant or even a great italian steakhouse and he orders the spaghetti and meatballs every single time.

Reaction Score
Wife and I went to LL in Clinton 2 years ago. Viviting relatives in town, and the BY review.

Must say it was CRAPPY (note caps). It was small / pricy / tasteless and had to wait for 30 min to get it. How hard is it for an etablishment in that business to throw some lob chunks on a hot dog roll????? Wife thought it 'terrible' (being polite). Wife suggested that the taste of the BY food critics is all in their mouths (mediocraty seems to be what you guys like?). Hate to see the recomends for a 5*.

But did go to Abbotts (Noank) while in Mystic this weekend. Had a wonderful 1.5 lb and raced again on my old racing grounds of FI Sound on a 1/4 ton. While July already, the lobster was very tender and sweet - characteristic of spring lobster, &/or very cold water. Suggest you all get there soon. The new crabcakes are all crab - no bread.

Btw, also went to see the MS exhibit on Vikings, which includes the Vineland Map from the archives of Yale Univ. Ostensibly made by Vikings (?), It shows the NA northern coast (way back then). Theory has it that Columbus saw this (or something like it) and then planned his trip to the Americas (nothing like knowing there's a 'port' out there wating for you vs the 'waterfall' off the end of the world). Also have had a Viking longship replica (the Draken) at the pier for the past year which will be sailing for Annapolis on 7/9. Quite a craft for 800AD espec given the

DRAKEN: Viking Longship

There's always Red's Eats in Wicasset ME. Fantastic place on Rt 1. - LONG lines, and the Master of lobster rolls.

Reds Eats

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wife and I went to LL in Clinton 2 years ago. Viviting relatives in town, and the BY review.

Must say it was CRAPPY (note caps). It was small / pricy / tasteless and had to wait for 30 min to get it. How hard is it for an etablishment in that business to throw some lob chunks on a hot dog roll????? Wife thought it 'terrible' (being polite). Wife suggested that the taste of the BY food critics is all in their mouths (mediocraty seems to be what you guys like?). Hate to see the recomends for a 5*.
Fake news. You must have been somewhere else. Nothing about this is remotely accurate, including the 30 minute wait. I've been there literally dozens of times and there has never, ever been anything more than a ten minute wait.

Tasteless? Terrible? OMG. You must have gone to bizarro Lobster Landing.

Reaction Score
Fake news. You must have been somewhere else. Nothing about this is remotely accurate, including the 30 minute wait. I've been there literally dozens of times and there has never, ever been anything more than a ten minute wait.

Bizzaro is atnadard on BY. Q ia whcih one did U go to, and what your tastes / pref are. Ever been to Red's for the ultimate compare??

Reaction Score

What I like to do when I know I’m going to be making them is have S&S steam them halfway, race home, crack them open, and then poach the meat in butter with a generous squeeze of lemon until it’s done. So good.

Reaction Score
We got lazy and ended up at J’s Crab shack in Hartford...anyone been?
We used to go all the time when living in WeHa. They were better before when the place was called Tinkers. It’s fine if you’re hankering for fried seafood (no real better way to ruin otherwise good seafood).

Reaction Score
From your posting history I get the sense food isn't at all important to you other than as sustenence.
Well he does hate Italian food/pasta. Hard to take anyone seriously knowing that.

Reaction Score
Bizzaro is atnadard on BY. Q ia whcih one did U go to, and what your tastes / pref are. Ever been to Red's for the ultimate compare??
Chaupwalving is back. Red's is an 1.5 hour wait for a $27 lobster roll.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
From your posting history I get the sense food isn't at all important to you other than as sustenence.

Day to day - that’s true. We eat to avoid dying. But if we go out, we tend to be fancy, fancy people.

But lobster rolls - we had a boat at Cedar Island for 20 years, my in-laws live on the Cape and we spend time in Maine.....we’ve had a lot of lobster rolls. At some point, there is only so much runway for culinary wizardry when you’re talking about something so simple.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
A good lobster roll is a good lobster roll. If you’ve had one, you have had them all.

But these navel gazers have to do this. They can’t help themselves.

And a not-so-good one is bleh. If it's the only one you've ever had, you wonder what the big deal is with CT style lobster rolls. If you've had good ones and get a mediocre one, it really stands out as being 'off.'

Reaction Score
The combination of ineptitude and expertise here in BY land is truly astounding on every fuggin' subject matter known to mankind.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Except with the MBB team. Is that why we are here?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm disappointed this thread did crash land talking about Arbys and whether they should have a lobster roll.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom