LIU Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

LIU Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Not at all important to the game, but Khaliq posting a clip of Andrew’s steal and lay-up with the caption, “2 way player” made me laugh. The vibes, they are good.

1670708488368.jpeg

Reaction Score
Great win. We still gotta figure out a remedy to get Newton scoring. I need/want him to score and score well
For starters make sure he has no relatives there. His cousin Aaron Jones Packers running back was there. Tristen was pressing. Ran the team well but shooting way off.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Huskies are rolling!!!!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was at a Christmas party. I watched some then checked on my phone.

Seems it has all the drama of a T-Rex killing and eating a squirrel.
Nah. It was more like a rat terrier dealing with a mouse for an hour. Mouse twitches, rat terrier shakes it violently until another bone breaks. Rinse and repeat.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I can’t watch the second half. It’s a shame because this game is REALLY fun.

3 Pros
  1. DONOVAN CLINGAN IS NOT FAIR. At halftime, he has 17 points and 9 rebounds. He had 12 points in the final 5 minutes. He was the first man back down the floor under the basket on two fast breaks. Whenever he becomes starting C, he will immediately be one of the best C’s in America.
  2. Hawkins is showing that he’s not just a shooter. Great defense, solid passing and decision making, and had a drive where he split right through the defense and made a beautiful reverse layup. 11 first half points on 57% including 3 threes.
  3. Clingan will get the praise but Sanogo played great. Passed out of two double teams that directly led to open threes. Grabbed a rebound and brought it coast to coast for a reverse layup. One play later, got a steal and took it himself for a fast break layup
HM: Andre Jackson had the play of the season. Stole the ball, spin move to get free, lost the ball a little so got back to it and went behind the back to get space and threw down a dunk. WOW

3 Cons:
  1. LIU’s jerseys are ugly
  2. I spilled some water on my pants after Andre’s fast break dunk
  3. My fiancée went to LIU so I hope she’s not in a bad mood
Conclusion: UConn Huskies, symbol of might to the foe! 11-0!
What was up with LIU #10 player’s jersey being all wrinkled?! One of the team managers is going to get demoted.

caw

Reaction Score
Not much to take away from this game. LIU is just bad. However, they hadn't given up 100 in a game yet this season. Marquette and SJU each hung 95 on them. UConn hit 95 at about the 8 minute mark of the second half. Doesn't mean much but then again.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it was covered but why did LIU only have 8 players dressed? It's not even like their bench was loaded with injured players, I think there may have been one or possibly two. Roster shows they have full squad.

Probably the most fun I had at a blowout, our team is so unselfish.

Reaction Score
Coaches will be using this game to demonstrate how to run offense.

And to recruit.

Great game. Who would of thunk it we be blowing out games and the women’s team struggling to win. And Croatia and Morocco winning. Twilight Zone stuff.
It's easy to root for the women, still competing but not "struggling to win". The reason why they are "struggling" (keep in mind, they have one loss, but do play Maryland tomorrow at 3 on ABC) is injuries. Their best player is injured and out for the year. Their #1 recruit is injured and out for the year. Their top scorer is out 3-6 weeks now, but no guarantee it won't be longer. Another key player had off-season hip surgery and while back is not in game-shape yet. Their point guard suffered a concussion last game and will miss some time, hopefully not much. Their starting center played first two games, broke her thumb, and has missed last six games, hopefully she will be back soon.

If men's team had same injuries, then imagine if
1) Best player- Adama Sanogo- is injured and misses the entire year (like Paige Bueckers)
2) Their #1 recruit- Donovan Clingan- suffers injury in pre-season and misses entire season (like Ice Brady)
3) Their best shooter- Jordan Hawkins- gets injured after 5 games and misses next 3-6 weeks (like Azzi Fudd)
4) Point guard Andre Jackson gets concussion and misses a couple of games (like Nika Muhl)
5) A key player- let's pick Alex Karaban- had off-season surgery and is not same (like Caroline DuCharme)
6) Not sure who to use for center with a broken thumb being out last six games- happened with women (Dorka Juhacz)
Would men still be undefeated? Would they have only one loss so far like the women?
Go Lady Huskies!

Reaction Score
Didn't watch. No need. Can't fault the schedulers because who would of known the team would be this good. But at this point this game was dumb. Worried about over confidence more than anything. Another quality non conference game would of been better.... oh well. Bring on the conference.

When you're 10 deep, overconfidence tends to not be a problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom