LIU Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

LIU Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Fun game. Great to not have to sweat after the first 5 minutes and just watch a total stomp. Som of the plays these guys were making against an obviously lower grade athletes were still insane. AJax’ steal cross over behind the back was bonkers. Clingin’s follows we’re just scary dominant.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it was covered but why did LIU only have 8 players dressed? It's not even like their bench was loaded with injured players, I think there may have been one or possibly two. Roster shows they have full squad.

Probably the most fun I had at a blowout, our team is so unselfish.
Out sick. Including their top scorer.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not sure if it was covered but why did LIU only have 8 players dressed? It's not even like their bench was loaded with injured players, I think there may have been one or possibly two. Roster shows they have full squad.

Probably the most fun I had at a blowout, our team is so unselfish.
Announcers said "only 6 scholarship players."

My daughter came back from the gym and said, "Must have been boring."

I replied, "Not at all."

It was a lot like a recruiting highlights video. Why should I object?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
At least Alleyne got found his offense. I was worried about him but after getting to the line and making 1 of 2 his shot looked better. I hope he recovers his offense.
I think he is going to shine once the Big East schedule starts. We are going to need not only his offense but defense and overall experience. He has a lot of maturity and I believe he will bring some stability when we hit some of the Big East zoos on the road. He has a lot of experience playing under the lights. The only thing that could eclipse this is if we continue to thrash other teams and run them out of the arenas the way we have been. Then he will just hop on the express train with the rest of them. ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's easy to root for the women, still competing but not "struggling to win". The reason why they are "struggling" (keep in mind, they have one loss, but do play Maryland tomorrow at 3 on ABC) is injuries. Their best player is injured and out for the year. Their #1 recruit is injured and out for the year. Their top scorer is out 3-6 weeks now, but no guarantee it won't be longer. Another key player had off-season hip surgery and while back is not in game-shape yet. Their point guard suffered a concussion last game and will miss some time, hopefully not much. Their starting center played first two games, broke her thumb, and has missed last six games, hopefully she will be back soon.

If men's team had same injuries, then imagine if
1) Best player- Adama Sanogo- is injured and misses the entire year (like Paige Bueckers)
2) Their #1 recruit- Donovan Clingan- suffers injury in pre-season and misses entire season (like Ice Brady)
3) Their best shooter- Jordan Hawkins- gets injured after 5 games and misses next 3-6 weeks (like Azzi Fudd)
4) Point guard Andre Jackson gets concussion and misses a couple of games (like Nika Muhl)
5) A key player- let's pick Alex Karaban- had off-season surgery and is not same (like Caroline DuCharme)
6) Not sure who to use for center with a broken thumb being out last six games- happened with women (Dorka Juhacz)
Would men still be undefeated? Would they have only one loss so far like the women?
Go Lady Huskies!
Well aware of the situation. Watch every game. Big fan since 93. The gutted out performance against Princeton was incredible. Well aware of their situation.

Not an indictment against that team. Just never expected to have more anxiety watching them than the men. It’s a first in a long time.

If Azzi comes back playing as well as she did before her injury and Carolyn returns to her play at her freshman peak and if all the players are available tournament time (minus Paige and Ice) the team is final four potential.

Reaction Score
I went to the game yesterday and was surprised to see the place wasn’t full. Then again it was LIU. Most impressive play of the game was the Jackson around the back dunk. There may be video footage on it. Steals the ball out runs his opponent while dribbling, fakes left, goes around his back (Maravich) style and rifles home a monster dunk with his right hand. AJ is the best athlete UCONN has ever put on the court and is a few feet away from breaking out as a dominant player. DK is a force. 21 points in 15 minutes? DK may be one of the best big men in the country right now at 265 pounds. We have the best one-two punch in the country. Can‘t wait if we play Purdue. Our guards are a little weak with the exception of California. Kid is a stud shooting over 50% from the three stripe. This team is truly our sports gift for the holidays.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice that Adama’s steal/fullcourt drive for the layup came off the #highhedge ?

Anybody?

@Chief00

;)
Lol, you have to admit, he’s better at it this year. He reminds me of a very large Whaley the way he gets out holds it for a second and gets back quickly.

Chiefs point, if I recall correctly, was that over the course of a season it tired him out. Clingan’s play has mitigated that by virtue of the minutes he’s earned.

Still, I love the fact that this place, will ask you to defend comments from last season, or even the season before or before that. The Boneyard never forgets. :)

Reaction Score
It's easy to root for the women, still competing but not "struggling to win". The reason why they are "struggling" (keep in mind, they have one loss, but do play Maryland tomorrow at 3 on ABC) is injuries. Their best player is injured and out for the year. Their #1 recruit is injured and out for the year. Their top scorer is out 3-6 weeks now, but no guarantee it won't be longer. Another key player had off-season hip surgery and while back is not in game-shape yet. Their point guard suffered a concussion last game and will miss some time, hopefully not much. Their starting center played first two games, broke her thumb, and has missed last six games, hopefully she will be back soon.

If men's team had same injuries, then imagine if
1) Best player- Adama Sanogo- is injured and misses the entire year (like Paige Bueckers)
2) Their #1 recruit- Donovan Clingan- suffers injury in pre-season and misses entire season (like Ice Brady)
3) Their best shooter- Jordan Hawkins- gets injured after 5 games and misses next 3-6 weeks (like Azzi Fudd)
4) Point guard Andre Jackson gets concussion and misses a couple of games (like Nika Muhl)
5) A key player- let's pick Alex Karaban- had off-season surgery and is not same (like Caroline DuCharme)
6) Not sure who to use for center with a broken thumb being out last six games- happened with women (Dorka Juhacz)
Would men still be undefeated? Would they have only one loss so far like the women?
Go Lady Huskies!

Deepster can you please answer these questions?

We’re comparing Caroline Ducharme to Alex Karaban? Girls are having bad luck feel for them let’s not compare what it would be like no reason.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was at a Christmas party. I watched some then checked on my phone.

Seems it has all the drama of a T-Rex killing and eating a squirrel.
In chat someone compared it to a Harlem Globetrotters game. That’s a better comparison. It was a 40 minute celebration of greatness. Sometimes blowouts can get boring. The game last night was a blast to watch, at least for me. It was like a very long highlight reel.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The analyst on TV mentioned something like that. If a player starts screwing up there's someone on the bench that could take his place till he gets his head back in the game.

Color analyst did a nice job. Someone in the chat room mentioned he sounded like the Rock. Once you get that comparison in your head, you can't unhear it.

And yes, he mentioned "accountability" that when you screw up, there is someone who can take your place.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice that Adama’s steal/fullcourt drive for the layup came off the #highhedge ?

Anybody?

@Chief00

;)

Adama had the coast to coast lay up after getting a rebound too. Probably nicest thing about the lay up was he came down the left side and when he got in to the lane, he smoothly switched hands and put it in for a right-handed lay up.

Also on the steal and drive I liked how he took the lay up instead of going for the dunk. Not sure how much jumping explosion he had in the tank after a couple of sprints down the court.

Reaction Score
I went to the game yesterday and was surprised to see the place wasn’t full. Then again it was LIU. Most impressive play of the game was the Jackson around the back dunk. There may be video footage on it. Steals the ball out runs his opponent while dribbling, fakes left, goes around his back (Maravich) style and rifles home a monster dunk with his right hand. AJ is the best athlete UCONN has ever put on the court and is a few feet away from breaking out as a dominant player. DK is a force. 21 points in 15 minutes? DK may be one of the best big men in the country right now at 265 pounds. We have the best one-two punch in the country. Can‘t wait if we play Purdue. Our guards are a little weak with the exception of California. Kid is a stud shooting over 50% from the three stripe. This team is truly our sports gift for the holidays.
Spot on here Wolf with most of your post with exception of our guard play. While our new players are struggling with O, they are more then competent on the other side of the ball which triggers other parts of our team game. Toss in our other guard, that young man named Hawkins and I think we will be just fine.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry. This was a trainwreck of a odd post. Yes, of course, there's video everywhere of AJs play from almost 24hours ago, in multiple threads, and on ESPN. No need for the written description.

Then you abbreviated Donovan's name to DK instead of DC throughout the entire post. Hide last name is Clingan, not Clingan or Clingan...

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Anyone got a count of how many dunks DC dropped? I think it might have been all but one of his FGs?

Reaction Score
Lol, you have to admit, he’s better at it this year. He reminds me of a very large Whaley the way he gets out holds it for a second and gets back quickly.

Chiefs point, if I recall correctly, was that over the course of a season it tired him out. Clingan’s play has mitigated that by virtue of the minutes he’s earned.

Still, I love the fact that this place, will ask you to defend comments from last season, or even the season before or before that. The Boneyard never forgets. :)
Yep, I do agree that Sanogo doing the high hedge regularly makes perfect sense this year since we now have Donovan to split minutes with him. He also has another year of practicing it and has become more effective & efficient at it.

If I see an opportunity to do some (good-natured) needling of Chief, I’m not gonna pass it up… :)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm sorry. This was a trainwreck of a odd post. Yes, of course, there's video everywhere of AJs play from almost 24hours ago, in multiple threads, and on ESPN. No need for the written description.

Then you abbreviated Donovan's name to DK instead of DC throughout the entire post. Hide last name is Clingan, not Clingan or Clingan...
Yes, the AJax steal & slam was so good that even ESPN had to show the multiple times/multiple angles video, but I wondered what it must have felt like to see it in real-time with limited (if any) replays.

And factually, you are correct, that it's DC not DK, which I associative 'learned' to remember early on by thinking of our teenage giany as a DC Comics action hero.

So yeah, it was arguably an "odd post," but I took the time to immediately look a bit deeper, and I saw that it was the 6th post by someone who joined BY in November. In that context, I regarded the post as an expression of exuberant joy, and we can always use exuberant joyful fans, especially in the stands.

A final note: as happens with the best & most experienced here, you fell prey to the forces of autocorrect and had the word "his" changed to "hide." I've quite possibly erred in my own post here. It happens.

Reaction Score
Wolf, Hawkins is a guard. He's pretty damn good. Same with Jackson.

I agree with everything else and enjoy the holidays.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Deepster can you please answer these questions?
Deepster's forte is the polite request to remove a threads that center the Women's team to the WBB Board. Here, it's just a post that asked questions to raise consciousness, solicit empathy, and build perspective. On the WBB Board it would be unremarkable or intrusive. Here, it speaks to those here who may or may not have interest, and seems easy enough to ignore, even if it is lengthy.
We’re comparing Caroline Ducharme to Alex Karaban?
Interpreting your "we" as including you, I don't think it's a strong Yes, but both Ducharme and Karaban are shooting forwards from Massachusetts, and both were former Gatorade State Players of the Year, although Karaban was for New Hampshire where he prepped at New Hampton through his junior year. And yes, I know your question was rhetorical.
Girls are having bad luck feel for them let’s not compare what it would be like no reaaon
I get that many prefer apples-to-apples comps by sticking to MBB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom