Lister Resigns | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lister Resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What about Nykesha Sales or Kelly Faris? I now Sales is at Central Florida and Faris is still playing but I think if Elliott doesn't want it, the replacement should should be a former Husky.

Call me crazy, but I'd love to see "Precious" come back home and fill this vacancy if Jamelle doesn't want it. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
More info on UConn’s hiring freeze. Any new hires have to be approved by either the president, the provost or the EVP of Administration. This applies to all departments, with the exception of UConn Health.

If there was anybody at UConn I would not hamper by cutting assistant coaches ....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
When this came out she was wanting to be in broadcasting:

When the "chance of a lifetime" presents itself, you must be flexible enough to change your short term goals and take advantage of that opportunity!! That opportunity may never come around again. Sometimes life (fate) blesses you by placing you in the right place at the right time. "Timing" is everything!!!

Reaction Score
Geno is very loyal, so Jamelle will likely be the first person offered. If Jamelle does not want to extend her tour of duty as an Ast Coach, then I would expect Geno to try to hire a younger coach who is a strong recruiter.

agreed............a former player perhaps a UConn alum who can relate to today's athletes who for the most part need a very specific kind of concerted sales pitch...........

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When the "chance of a lifetime" presents itself, you must be flexible enough to change your short term goals and take advantage of that opportunity!! That opportunity may never come around again. Sometimes life (fate) blesses you by placing you in the right place at the right time. "Timing" is everything!!!

“Chloe loves the game, she loves hanging around the gym, she’s always paying attention to what’s going on, and she’s a quick learner,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “She has a good way about her. She’s going to be successful in whatever she does.”

Very good article and it sounded like she wanted coaching as a future.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It says she's going to pursue other professional opportunities, so I guess she wasn't happy at UConn?
That is a 'stock phrase' in resignation reporting and has no real meaning since unless the person is retiring or won the lottery, they will be working somewhere in some profession. I wouldn't read anything in to that phrase.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It terms of replacement Chloe Pavlech would be a good choice. When last seen on the BY Chloe was relating pretty well to a couple of UCONN prospect named Paige and Azzi. Can someone repost that video.
Chloe wanted to go into media, but I like her.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that Jamelle will stay on as an assistant, at least until the hiring freeze is lifted. She is already considered an assistant coach so her staying there would not violate the current policy. It would also keep some continuity for next season with the players especially Liv.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
When this came out she was wanting to be in broadcasting:

She seems to enjoy her role with Overtime and their WBB pages. Or at least I'm always seeing her name in the instagram comments for all sorts of women's hoops posts.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
For the record, rooting big time for Jamelle to stay. But... Just for kicks, throw another name out there - Sharonna Reaves. I know she's older (late 40's), but...

A third-year member of the staff, Sharrona Reaves joined the Lady Vol basketball program on April 19, 2016, when Holly Warlick hired her as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator.

Reaves wasted little time demonstrating her abilities, spearheading Tennessee's approach in signing the No. 1 recruiting class with the 2017 group of Evina Westbrook, Anastasia Hayes, Rennia Davis and Kasiyahna Kushkituah. She followed that with the No. 4-rated group in 2018, including Rae Burrell, Mimi Collins, Zaay Green and Jazmine Massengill, and the No. 8 class in 2019, including No. 2-ranked recruit Jordan Horston and 6-foot-5 inside players Tamari Key and Emily Saunders. Eight of those 11 were McDonald's All-Americans

It's a bit of an out of the box candidate, but if UCONN can land Westbrook after her unhappy stint in Tennessee, maybe a proven recruiter like her might be good fit (if Jamelle is not interested in staying)... I know some will say "many of those kids transferred out", but I think that's more on the Head Coach than the recruiting coordinator... and more to the story of those kids leaving than most people know.

Reaction Score
Jamelle brings a lot of energy and passion to the sidelines and I think the players like her.
I would be very happy if she continued as an assistant coach.

One thing that might be an issue is the question of seniority. Jamelle was the senior
asst. coach before she left for Cinci, and now Shea has been the senior asst. for some
years. Who gets the bigger paycheck? Maybe it won't be an issue. I hope not.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Jamelle did appear to enjoy her return to coaching, and her work with Liv achieved great results in a short period of time. If Jamelle comes back she can not only work with Liv some more, but she will have the opportunity to mold two newbies (Aaliyah & Piath) into frontcourt impact players.

Reaction Score
What about Nykesha Sales or Kelly Faris? I now Sales is at Central Florida and Faris is still playing but I think if Elliott doesn't want it, the replacement should should be a former Husky.

You realize that under your selection system Lister would have never been hired?

I'm all for giving UConn grads an edge but not to the exclusion of non-UConn coaching candidates. Geno needs someone young enough to speak and translate teenage phrases for him. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She seems to enjoy her role with Overtime and their WBB pages. Or at least I'm always seeing her name in the instagram comments for all sorts of women's hoops posts.
I suspect that doesn't pay the rent.

Reaction Score
Jas at Nike TOC December, 2019. Will miss you!

Jasmine Lister.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99