Linnae Harper to Ohio State | The Boneyard

Linnae Harper to Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
According to Chris Hanson of PeachState Basketball . Tweeted by Brandon Clay.

Two days ago according to sources close to the Kentucky BB Program, Linnae had told them she was going home to DePaul. I originally posted the info during the FSU game and decided to delete post as it was a rumor and not announced by Linnae.

Not sure OSU is a good fit for her. However, she should be competing for F4's.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
"Harper visited Tennessee two weeks ago, and while she liked the talent, the palpable chemistry issues within the team was something Harper noticed, sources told Swish Appeal."

WOW!

Just......wow.....

Reaction Score
The Ohio State will have enough talent for a Final 4. However they will need more than talent - defense, rebounding, good shot selection, coaching etc. is a big question mark

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The Ohio State will have enough talent for a Final 4. However they will need more than talent - defense, rebounding, good shot selection, coaching etc. is a big question mark
True but sucks to be Tennessee right now...

Reaction Score
Not sure where her PT will come from but I guess she thinks she'll get her stardom there.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With that comment about Tenn to go along with their struggles on the court and off there is the reason why they have no top recruits coming in. The word is officially out and that's not good.

Reaction Score
With that comment about Tenn to go along with their struggles on the court and off there is the reason why they have no top recruits coming in. The word is officially out and that's not good.

The accounts of recent trouble on the OSU bench isn't flattering either.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I tend to agree and I do have to wonder - I think 2017 is really a make or break year for Tennessee. It's clear now even from comments of recruits that something is wrong in Tennessee. When a kid says she likes the program, but team chemistry issues turned her off (so to speak), it's not just a bad sign internally, but a warning to other top recruits who may be considering Tennessee.

I'd love to hear from our Tennessee fans if they still think they lead for Kuskituah and what other 2017 kids they think they have a really good shot at landing. The sheer number of recruiting battles that Tennessee is losing out on (like Wheat Thins - "one after another") is very illuminating, and probably a horror show for their fans...

One last thing about the article - it's not a direct quote, but it mentions "palpable chemistry issues". That's strong language/wording and makes me wonder - "talent/chemistry" are both specifically mentioned. It's been speculated in sort of a hush-hush way that some of Tennessee's "top recruits" are not team players, and possibly a detriment to "team". I've heard about several players specifically (will not name names on the public board),b but wonder if Tennessee fans can confirm any of it...

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
tOSU will be a strong team the next few years. Not sure what's going on at Tennessee but it's puzzling, to say the least.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Maybe you should watch a few games before attempting to analyze, you posted the same comment after their game with UConn. You question Kevin McGuff's coaching ability based on what? If it's a loss to Connecticut then you may as well question the ability of every coach in the AAC, ACC, SEC, Big East, Big 12, B1G, and all of the others. The Bucks shoot 46% from the floor as a team and that's with a limited post game, you criticize their defense, well they allow opponents to shoot 39.5% from the floor and are +13.5 in point differential, they shoot 78% from the FT Line, they allow opponents to shoot 32% from the 3Pt line. So their stats belie your analysis. They had a boatload of injuries last season and Coach McGuff is now incorporating the returning players, all of whom are RS Freshmen. Again maybe you want to take more than 8-game sample size before you make pronouncements about a team you obviously don't watch or know very much about.

Reaction Score
Maybe you should watch a few games before attempting to analyze, you posted the same comment after their game with UConn. You question Kevin McGuff's coaching ability based on what? If it's a loss to Connecticut then you may as well question the ability of every coach in the AAC, ACC, SEC, Big East, Big 12, B1G, and all of the others. The Bucks shoot 46% from the floor as a team and that's with a limited post game, you criticize their defense, well they allow opponents to shoot 39.5% from the floor and are +13.5 in point differential, they shoot 78% from the FT Line, they allow opponents to shoot 32% from the 3Pt line. So their stats belie your analysis. They had a boatload of injuries last season and Coach McGuff is now incorporating the returning players, all of whom are RS Freshmen. Again maybe you want to take more than 8-game sample size before you make pronouncements about a team you obviously don't watch or know very much about.

maybe I have seen a few of The Ohio State games. And I am not impressed. The team lacks discipline , you can throw out all the metrics you want.

Reaction Score
One last thing about the article - it's not a direct quote, but it mentions "palpable chemistry issues". That's strong language/wording and makes me wonder - "talent/chemistry" are both specifically mentioned. It's been speculated in sort of a hush-hush way that some of Tennessee's "top recruits" are not team players, and possibly a detriment to "team". I've heard about several players specifically (will not name names on the public board),b but wonder if Tennessee fans can confirm any of it...
It's not even hush hush. I've watched all their games it's no secret who the ME players are. Poor Bashaara starting to get frustrated, because she's avg less than eight touches a game while shooting 77% from the field. Which I would be frustrated too if the only time I'd see the ball is from cleaning the boards. This team is not use to playing with players like that, even Simmons wasn't this bad. From watching this team last year to now, some of these players look miserable. Then you have clueless Holly who is letting this detrimental behavior continue. She actually said, " You guys are not listening to me, so you can play the rest of the game without me coaching you". So Holly is hugely to blame as well as those two players.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So Holly is hugely to blame as well as those two players.
Hmm... Thanks for the input. I've only seen a few of the games on TV so I can't really say I've seen what you are referring to... But I think we can all guess who the players you are referring to... The coaching is obviously a problem at Tennessee, but I wonder how the "team" would be faring if they'd passed on those 2 players and recruited other more team oriented kids. I'm sure there were recruits who said "no thanks" when they heard about those commitments...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Looks like Ohio State may be a little full next year.

Right now
Sr - Alston and Craft
Jr - Blair, Beech, Cooper
So - KMitchell, Doss, Hart,
Fr - Ekhelar, CMitchell, Holland, Waterman, (Pugh xfr out)

Next year, Mavunga, Calhoun and Harper all xfr in and available
PLUS McCoy, Lewis and Caretti as recruits.

Yep, that's 16. I'm sure somebody will make room. ;) Sounds a little like Baylor.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
maybe I have seen a few of The Ohio State games. And I am not impressed. The team lacks discipline , you can throw out all the metrics you want.
They lack discipline because you say so, okay! Heaven forbid they don't impress you...

Reaction Score
Hopefully Ohio State will serve as an "Oakland Raiders" reclamation place for Mavunga, Calhoun, and Harper, and hopefully also, chemistry issue cited at Tenn, will improve over the course of the year

Reaction Score

Right now
Sr - Alston and Craft

Yep, that's 16. I'm sure somebody will make room. ;) Sounds a little like Baylor.

I'm sure one or both of the redshirt juniors will not be back for their senior year. Especially if they get a commitment from Tyesha Harris. Interesting that Harper is listed on their roster. She wasn't there this morning.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm sure one or both of the redshirt juniors will not be back for their senior year. Especially if they get a commitment from Tyesha Harris. Interesting that Harper is listed on their roster. She wasn't there this morning.
Yea, Blair and Beach are both r/s, so they probably graduate this year. Could be one or both of them move on.

Reaction Score
I was hoping Harper would end up at DePaul. I've always liked Doug and his program.
Too bad.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Right now
Sr - Alston and Craft

Give Mulkey a call. She can show you how to make room for more players AND give you a lesson on how to flop. ;)

Reaction Score
Tyasha Harris dropped OSU from her list. Her finalists are Iowa, Kentucky, Purdue, Rutgers, and South Carolina.

Reaction Score
two observations:

1. what the hell is going on at Ohio State?
2. what the hell is going on at TN?

i think to any fan that goes to their games it is OBVIOUS that the team is missing chemistry and i do not think it is DD either. like everything else, we will find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom