OT: - Link to Schedule for Aaliyah Edwards, U23 Canadian National Team "GlobLJam" July 2022 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Link to Schedule for Aaliyah Edwards, U23 Canadian National Team "GlobLJam" July 2022

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Canada up 19-16 after 1Q. Aaliyah off to a good start. 4 pts, 4 RB, 1 Ass, 1 Block
Please keep these reports coming. I'm not interested in paying to see this game on ESPN+. Is there a link we can follow in real time? Never mind, I found it. FIBA LiveStats

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Please keep these reports coming. I'm not interested in paying to see this game on ESPN+. Is there a link we can follow in real time? Never mind, I found it. FIBA LiveStats
Only the US (VCU) game was on ESPN+. This one is not. :(

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Coach seems to have narrowed the rotation - midway thru Q2, only 8 players have seen the floor. Edwards having a more solid game. But with Kyei on the floor, she does not have as much room to maneuver in the post. She's more athletic and mobile than Kyei, so it's good practice for her when she starts at UCONN along side Juhaz...

Reaction Score
Kei is causing frustration for France and has made some great contributions in the game so far. Oregon fans will be happy to see this.

Aaliyah's doing just find regardless of the spacing hiccups. She had a great play snagging an offensive board, passed it to Pellington and set a pick for her to free her up to score.

Hopefully that highlight gets posted on Twitter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This type of performance IS NOT going to fly with Geno. Aaliyah needs to adopt the mindset of not allowing anyone to out work her, or out hustle her during any game ALL SEASON. She's talked about improving her play and being more physical. That's fine, but talking doesn't get it done. Don't talk about it, BE ABOUT IT!!! Handle hard better!! :cool:
She’s played every day and been the face of Canada basketball at the tourney, meaning lots of interviews, etc. She’s allowed a “bad” game

Geez, these are human beings, not robots

Reaction Score
So far so good! Aaliyah also with 2 fouls = again getting her second foul with
44 seconds left in the second period! Day Wilson with 8 points. Canada
held France to 9 points in the Second period with some lock down
defense. France hit their first shot, a three pointer, at 6:10 of the period, almost
a 4-minute drought. Kyei is doing more than rebounding with 5 points in
the first period. I'll have to check on the rebounding + or -. Usually that is
a strong point for Canada.

Reaction Score
Below is a link to live stats. As I type, Aaliyah has 8 points, 5 reb, 2 assists

Thanks for the link! Note Yvonne Ejim with 5 rebounds. The Gonzaga player for Canada,
She has 4 points.

Reaction Score
The Canadian Coach too Aaliyah out with 21 seconds left in the
third quarter = smart move! Aaliyah with three fouls.
Interesting, to me, is that the rebounding is tied at 30 and 30
and the free throws are also tied at 10 and 10 . Canada has
been winning games with ++ advantages in both of these
stats. Still a lead is a lead 58 - 43 in the previous game
at three quarters it was 55 - 43. So far so good.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
With 7:48 left in the game, Aaliyah has 12 points, 6 reb, 3assists, 2 steals, and a block. For those who like to keep track of the negative, she as 3 fouls, 0 turnovers

Reaction Score
Mop up time, Aaliyah come out with 3;22 seconds remaining
What was it 78 to 60 ? Not bad the first game was 73 - 56.
The ' beast' of the Tournament was Aaliyah. All the teams had to
foul her. But each team did make an adjustment to contain her,
but Canada had too many options. A nice stat line for Aaliyah.
On to November!!

Reaction Score
Aaliyah was second for Canada in points 13, tied for Second in rebounds with 7,
tied for second in assists with 4, tied for first in blocks with one, and tied for
second in steals with 2. Stuff the stat sheet, Aaliyah. !!! A balanced teamwork "W".
On to NOVEMBER.!!! Remember : GlobLJam returns next year = More of the same?
Thanks to everyone for the links to the interviews, the videos, and to the
Stat Sheets. Maybe we'll have live streaming next year! I wonder who
the USA team might be next year? Take care, Z

Reaction Score
She’s played every day and been the face of Canada basketball at the tourney, meaning lots of interviews, etc. She’s allowed a “bad” game

Much agreement about Our "UCONN Face" of Canada Basketball!!

Reaction Score
It's good to hear the CAN-FRA game is available via ESPN+. It was a good game for Canada and I believe UConn fans will enjoy seeing how Aaliyah performed.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Ok, She bounced back today with a good tournament MVP performance type game. She played a team high 28:43 minutes.

A very impressive stat-line today for sure. But the most impressive stat for her today to me was the ZERO she had in the turnover column. So.......ok, I'll give her a mulligan for yesterday's game.......but don't let it happen again. (wink-wink). ;)

Happy birthday Aaliyah. You got the present you wanted most. :) Another poster referred to her as a "beast" during the tournament. I'll accept that observation since I was not able to watch any of the games. Hopefully they will post a free replay or two on their website. I'm not paying for ESPN+. I'm already spending enough for TV. Thank you to all the posters that kept us abreast of the games, the stats and Aaliyah's performance.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom