OT: - (link) Something in the water at LSU. Nazreon Reid. | The Boneyard

OT: (link) Something in the water at LSU. Nazreon Reid.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I was going to make a joke about how everyone wants to play with "the little guy from Connecticut," but then I read the article and saw what I assume is an autocorrect error calling Reid "Nazi" twice.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Good recruiting has now become a foreign concept to this board. Good for Will Wade, he's a good young coach.

Reaction Score
They have a good young coach that is hungry, it's not that hard to figure out.

Also, LSU has always gotten big time recruits.

This is not what was said here a month ago during Waters's recruitment.

Reaction Score
What was said? Will Wade is an old coach and isn't hungry? LSU has never gotten big time recruits?

C

Chief00

KO really needs to step up his game and change his approach - his formula isn't working. Bringing Bunkey back would be a good first step. We now have a very strong correlation that he had a lot to do with recruiting successes while he was here. We need to rest the egos and go with what works.

Reaction Score
KO really needs to step up his game and change his approach - his formula isn't working. Bringing Bunkey back would be a good first step. We now have a very strong correlation that he had a lot to do with recruiting successes while he was here. We need to rest the egos and go with what works.
Sure, why not?

Reaction Score
What was said? Will Wade is an old coach and isn't hungry? LSU has never gotten big time recruits?

That it was the equivalent of signing with Oregon State or something.

Reaction Score

I'm honestly starting to think bunkey may have had an effect here. World Wide Bunkey?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They have a good young coach that is hungry, it's not that hard to figure out.

Also, LSU has always gotten big time recruits.

As someone said above, SEC recruiting is a whole nother ball game. They've gotten good recruits with crappy teams and/or crappy coaches and crappy results. It ain't football, but it's still significant at certain schools.

Reaction Score
That it was the equivalent of signing with Oregon State or something.
Think most people are just disturbed Connecticut kids don't want to play here and we aren't recruiting New England well at all.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Will Wade just landed a five-star point guard for 2018.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Wade got hired because LSU AD thought he'd do a great job and I pretty sure Wade saw potential at a SEC school. No one should be surprised if he does an above average to great job there. Same thing going on at NC State. The times they are a changing

Reaction Score

We definitely talked about LSUs recruiting history. They have always brought in really good players. John Williams, Shaq, Stanley Roberts, Randy Livingston, Jamie Brandon, Stromile Swift, Big Baby, Tasmin Mitchell, Ben Simmons, Antonio Blakeney...

I have never been to LSU, but I have been to Alabama. And it is freaking awesome. Totally different vibe and feel. The SEC schools are a different animal. I could totally see a Northeastern kid going down there and being pretty awed.

Reaction Score
People say its a football school and it is. I don't know what they do in the SEC with all the rumors who knows. But they always have had good players there and never had good coaches as far as I've known and that includes Dale Brown. If this guy is good they will be in the national limelight in no time it would seem. But in basketball they will never be UConn so who really cares? We just need to get back to UCon and we won't care who they're getting in Baton Rouge!

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Wade got hired because LSU AD thought he'd do a great job and I pretty sure Wade saw potential at a SEC school. No one should be surprised if he does an above average to great job there. Same thing going on at NC State. The times they are a changing

We'll see. The college basketball coaching ranks are full of guys who were hot stuff at VCU and mediocre at best thereafter: Jeff Capel, Anthony Grant, even Shaka so far. Success at VCU has been like a curse.

Reaction Score
We definitely talked about LSUs recruiting history. They have always brought in really good players. John Williams, Shaq, Stanley Roberts, Randy Livingston, Jamie Brandon, Stromile Swift, Big Baby, Tasmin Mitchell, Ben Simmons, Antonio Blakeney...

I have never been to LSU, but I have been to Alabama. And it is freaking awesome. Totally different vibe and feel. The SEC schools are a different animal. I could totally see a Northeastern kid going down there and being pretty awed.

For sure, you and I mentioned all those players. There was just huge disbelief here that a kid would leave Georgetown for a crap school like LSU. It is still a crap school with a mediocre basketball history, but look at all the kids they have interest from.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Good, young, hungry coach recruiting for an SEC school. Add in employing SEC FB recruiting "practices" (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) and you have a juggernaut in the making.

Reaction Score
For sure, you and I mentioned all those players. There was just huge disbelief here that a kid would leave Georgetown for a crap school like LSU. It is still a crap school with a mediocre basketball history, but look at all the kids they have interest from.

Sorry missed the sarcasm... I'm thinking hot shot, eccentric new coach who is big time selling the SEC. He's doing something right. Let's see if he can actually coach, though as all of his predecessors were able to recruit with some success without it translating with any consistency to the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom