OT: - (link) Something in the water at LSU. Nazreon Reid. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: (link) Something in the water at LSU. Nazreon Reid.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
For sure, you and I mentioned all those players. There was just huge disbelief here that a kid would leave Georgetown for a crap school like LSU. It is still a crap school with a mediocre basketball history, but look at all the kids they have interest from.
I think it was more that LSU is an anomaly when Waters was posturing about how important academics are to him.

Reaction Score
For sure, you and I mentioned all those players. There was just huge disbelief here that a kid would leave Georgetown for a crap school like LSU. It is still a crap school with a mediocre basketball history, but look at all the kids they have interest from.
It seems like more of a UConn problem than weird that LSU is attracting good recruits. UConn is a much better school and they couldn't convince an in-state kid who said academics matter to him. Not at all surprised LSU is attracting good recruits, they always have and they have a new aggressive young coach. The troubling stuff is on our end.

Reaction Score
It seems like more of a UConn problem than weird that LSU is attracting good recruits. UConn is a much better school and they couldn't convince an in-state kid who said academics matter to him. Not at all surprised LSU is attracting good recruits, they always have and they have a new aggressive young coach. The troubling stuff is on our end.

I have to differ here. Given the makeup of the roster, a freshman Gilbert who stand at 5'10", Waters had competition here. That was always a big hangup. It was LSU in particular that made people bleary. Many posters even said it backfired on him spectacularly because that is a crap school. It really backfired on him today, but not for the reason people think. The crap school recruited over him!

Reaction Score
They must fly these kids on to campus in a helicopter.

I don't know how any rational human can drive from the airport to LSU and think what they see is okay and safe.

Parts of campus are beautiful, but it's surrounded by a Mad Max wasteland.

Reaction Score

There is troubling stuff no doubt, this is not one of them. It is more troubling when people try to add all of the recruiting losses to KO when some aren't on the staff. They have enough problems to say Waters recruitment being a failure is ignorant. They played games with a lot more than UConn looking for a landing spot that fit their requirements in the end let's not make it any more than it was, a JOKE.

Reaction Score
I have to differ here. Given the makeup of the roster, a freshman Gilbert who stand at 5'10", Waters had competition here. That was always a big hangup. It was LSU in particular that made people bleary. Many posters even said it backfired on him spectacularly because that is a crap school. It really backfired on him today, but not for the reason people think. The crap school recruited over him!
You are making an assumption, pretty sure it wasn't the competition that kept him from coming here.

Reaction Score
You are making an assumption, pretty sure it wasn't the competition that kept him from coming here.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Time would have been shared by all 5 remember, none of these guys were going to be on the bench all game. If it wasn't competition it was minutes and he wasn't being promised the 30 I am sure he and his dad expect. No one knows why right, but everyone should be on the same page that this kid and his recruitment was whacked.

NEXT

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The old Jim Calhoun pitch of playing against [UK and Florida], combined with a good coach where they just had the #1 draft pick, that's probably a good start.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
LSU gets first official visit from Naz Reid | Zagsblog.

LSU made his top 5 and he just took one of his officials there.

What the heck is going on down there? Multiple 2018s are listing them.
FWIW, i just learned that Naz Reid's girlfriend is on the LSU women's team

Will Wade is killing it down there with enthusiasm. Just got a 5* PG from Baton Rouge as well.

Youd be hard pressed to convince me that in 3 months, Will Wade already has the cheating game down. I just think kids are thinking they can go be the next Shaq at a school with an underrated tradition of talented players (albeit with NO titles)

Last edited:

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
They must fly these kids on to campus in a helicopter.

I don't know how any rational human can drive from the airport to LSU and think what they see is okay and safe.

Parts of campus are beautiful, but it's surrounded by a Mad Max wasteland.
Its a dump for sure. Doubt a helicopter is the way to go. Maybe they had a limo with blacked out windows pick him up.

North Baton Rouge is hell on earth.

Reaction Score
Its a dump for sure. Doubt a helicopter is the way to go. Maybe they had a limo with blacked out windows pick him up.

North Baton Rouge is hell on earth.

How do they avoid the potholes? Seriously it's like the streets have been hit by mortar fire.

BR is becoming cool with the youth too because of rap/culture.

Reaction Score
KO really needs to step up his game and change his approach - his formula isn't working. Bringing Bunkey back would be a good first step. We now have a very strong correlation that he had a lot to do with recruiting successes while he was here. We need to rest the egos and go with what works.
For the love of God and all that is righteous and well, I'm begging you to stop with this crap.

Reaction Score
LSU is also where Rakim Lubin has landed, correct?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
We kicked Shaq's behind and we'll kick the new guys behind too.

Reaction Score
Definitely not. I think some non-D1 team
You are right and I wasn't completely wrong.
I said I thought I recalled Rubin committed to LSU, and it was LSU, but I didn't notice it was LSU-Shreveport, slight difference, my bad.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I was going to make a joke about how everyone wants to play with "the little guy from Connecticut," but then I read the article and saw what I assume is an autocorrect error calling Reid "Nazi" twice.
There is sometimes a tendency by coaches or teams to add and "i" or a "y" to some part of a players name. So Joe Girardi refers to Brett Gardner as "Gardi" or "Gardy". I wondered if it was just him that calls Gardner that or everyone but it has come up with Girardi on other players as well. Sounds kind of silly when you hear it; like they are little kids. Wondering if that is the unfortunate use of "Nazi" without realizing it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom