Like I was saying... | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Like I was saying...

Reaction Score
Of course all our conference problems will be solved when Whaler gets us to drop football then get into the ACC for all our other sports:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
They didn't want our Football Program when we were getting blown out by Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. Just move the Football team to the MAAC or independent and get the basketball program back to the Big East with Geographic rivals, which will increase ticket sales to our home games at the XL Center and Gampel, give us a conference tournament where there is excitement, and lastly help us sell recruits on a good basketball conference that will help get them to the NBA.

We have to protect the basketball brand rather than a mediocre football program that was good for one season and all the memories are mainly "Remember the time we almost this or that team."
The obsession with dropping football is confounding when every bit of evidence has told us that Basketball doesn’t matter at all in conference realignment. The AAC didn’t drag us to the bottom of its conference. We did, through incompetence and mismanagement. Herbst, Hathaway, the “Rock Star”. KO, PP, Diaco...a litany of failures.

Reaction Score
If UConn and Memphis start clicking, and Cincinnati continues to do what they have done, that would be 3 solid teams at the top of the league. Houston is having a historic season, you cant expect that every year, and like you said, who knows if Sampson stays? I guarantee he will get offers from P5 schools after this. Who knows what happens with Temple without Dunphy? The league does have good coaches, but I think that a lot of these schools success depends on them, and in the big picture, a lot of these schools success will be a roller coaster as they come and go. SMU was really good with Larry Brown, but they regressed since he retired. Dawkins has given UCF a huge boost, but I honestly dont believe he will stick around if he keeps up at this pace and after his son leaves. Thats the whole thing with the AAC on both the basketball and football side. Once a coach comes in and establishes a program and turns it into a perrenial tournament team, will they stay for 15-20 years? Or will the jump to a P5 school?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Of course all our conference problems will be solved when Whaler gets us to drop football then get into the ACC for all our other sports:rolleyes:

ok warde. you keep monitoring. nice hockey season and building plan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom