Like I was saying... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Like I was saying...

Reaction Score
Since the split the American tournament has had better TV ratings then the NBET. Last year the NBET had their best ratings since the split and they were still 7th in TV ratings for conference tournaments. I realize a lot of the poor ratings is due to being relegated to FS1. But last year the final was on FOX.

The Big East final ranked just seventh among conference championship games, trailing the ACC (2.0, 3.4M), Big Ten (2.0, 3.2M), Big 12 (1.7, 2.9M), SEC (1.5, 2.6M), American Athletic (1.4, 2.1M) and — head-to-head — the Mountain West (1.0, 1.6M). It did beat the Pac-12 Tournament final on FS1, which had a mere 0.35 and 612,000.

Source
Hard to compare since the AAC was on CBS. CBS always has good ratings

Reaction Score
And that is exactly the attitude of fans in this conference that is going to keep it from ever getting any better. We as UConn fans need to get off our damn high horse and look at what is happening right now! We have never won a regular season title in this conference and yet we have the audacity to say things like, " I wouldn't drive 18 hours to watch the AAC tournament" as if the AAC is below us... give me a break. How will we get better with that type of attitude? If the fans don't care why should the players care?

I wouldn’t drive 18 hours to the old Big East tournament either.

Reaction Score
That's great and all. But this school is only what it is because of men's and women's basketball. I don't think many on this board care about what UConn is doing academically. Fans on this board care about winning and playing the best level we can. Only people like yourself who went to UConn will care about academics
So do the state political and business communities. What a moron.

Major universities also conduct research, too.

Reaction Score
So do the state political and business communities. What a moron.

Major universities also conduct research, too.
That’s good for UConn pal. This is a UConn basketball message board. I’m sorry I care more about basketball

Reaction Score
Enough Marquette fans in the Garden to make some serious noise against Seton Hall. There is no passion in the AAC to compare with that.

I want to play big time football so bad, but the AAC tourney is horrible compared to the Big East. I had really hoped UConn would find a way to go Indy in footballl on SNY and Big East for basketball. The offer was there.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t drive 18 hours to the old Big East tournament either.

We all different levels of interest and some are more emotionally invested to the program than others. And that's fine. I just happen to care too much and it sucks but I'll never change. I guess I'm just trying to say how much an impression as a fan base we would make if we packed an arena over 1000 miles from home. Everyone would be saying wow UConn does have the best fans.

Reaction Score
I can crap on this football team everyday. Haven’t been competitive in almost 10 years.
remember the time they almost won that game? UConn football tradition where almost is good enough.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
dopey big least yesteryear talk. UCONN-AAC eyeballs, cash money thing;
UConn women’s basketball averages better TV ratings in Hartford/New Haven than Red Sox baseball, ‘Thursday Night Football,’ SNY says
the girls count, too. hmmm, better than pro football at times...
oh, and ESPN #1 nationally. 7 years inna row. and growing
Hartford, New Haven is the No. 1 market for women’s college basketball viewership on ESPN for the seventh year in a row
silly big least posters. dontcha know that looking backwards gives u a stiff neck? AAC!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The huge difference between the Big East vs AAC is the conference tournament. How many fans were in the building for our game today? 2,000? And how many UConn fans traveled to Memphis for the tournament? 300??
Well I was there and I counted like 3 and that included me.

Reaction Score
Hard to compare since the AAC was on CBS. CBS always has good ratings
I believe it was on an ESPN station not CBS. But ESPN also gets good ratings. There's a reason the cable subscriber fee is around $7.00 for ESPN and $0.85 for FS1.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
As mentally inept as our administration is, I’m actually happy we haven’t dropped football and moved to the Big East.

Gives me hope.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I believe it was on an ESPN station not CBS. But ESPN also gets good ratings. There's a reason the cable subscriber fee is around $7.00 for ESPN and $0.85 for FS1.

The AAC Final was on CBS last year because the Big Ten played a week early to use MSG.

Reaction Score
Memphis isn’t too great. Neither is Nashville and people would have you believe Nashville is the greatest city on earth these days. Regardless, Nashville is light years better than Memphis.

Pretty much, all Hartford needs to do is designate an alley way or three as night life areas and tell the cops and proprietors to be real lax on underage drinking. Within weeks, Hartford would be hopping. Hartford already smells a lot better than Memphis and Nashville on a hot summer day. The stink coming out of the sewers in TN cities is ripe.

Are we really saying that Hartford is on par with Nashville?

Reaction Score
I get it:

Corwin stadium = Neyland, Ben Hill Griffin, Owen, etc.

Middletown = Athens, college station, ann arbor, etc.

i don’t drink enough for this, and i drink plenty.
Oldest football continuously used football field in the US. Michigan played there in the 1880s.

Reaction Score
After experiencing this tournament in person I will say this... the potential is there for a great conference in the future. The fans that are here are passionate about their teams. I just don't know how uconn fits in with the culture and geographic qualities of the conference, but we bring a unique brand of basketball to the conference. I spoke to a Memphis fan while eating some late lunch on Beale St at Blues City Cafe. He had nothing but respect for our program and had encouraging things to say. He was optimistic that top to bottom the AAC will be getting better and that both Memphis and UConn will rise to the top, along with Wichita St. He also talked about Wiseman and how insanely good he is and how he thinks we will be landing Achiuwa and that Hurley is a crazy dude who will rope in some serious talent for us. He also said he vividly remembers Shabazz destroying their point guard our championship year and how much bs it is that we had a post season ban for APR and North Carolina gets a slap on the wrist for their violations. It's refreshing to hear all this but it's all speculation right now. Bottom line is as long as the AAC doesn't win on the big stage and beat the big boys, we are essentially in a high mid major conference. The member schools need to win games to rake in the money needed to grow their programs. And tbh, UConn needs to be good for the AAC to gain some steam.
Agree with this. I said a while back that a deep Houston run would do more foe this league than anything. An elite 8 or Final 4 run coupled with a Sweet 16 by a Temple or Cincinnati would be huge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom