Liberty Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Liberty Post Game Thread

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UConn clearly belonged on the field with Liberty. No difference on size, speed or skill.
Most everybody here wanted to play and beat a ranked team, so few paid attention to the fact that Liberty's analytics put them in about the same class as Fresno St. - a competent team pushing the top 50, but nowhere near the top 25. I got called out for saying Liberty's ranking was a fraud.

I would say our D is better than Liberty's, but the O isn't there yet, so I guess it balances out.

Reaction Score
Most everybody here wanted to play and beat a ranked team, so few paid attention to the fact that Liberty's analytics put them in about the same class as Fresno St. - a competent team pushing the top 50, but nowhere near the top 25. I got called out for saying Liberty's ranking was a fraud.

I would say our D is better than Liberty's, but the O isn't there yet, so I guess it balances out.
That's the bigger point. We don't really know where our O is. If UGA or Bama lost their top two WR, top two RB, and starting QB., they wouldn't be anywhere near their potential. What has happened this season in nearly a sports miracle.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Among the things that I found amusing in the game chat we're people saying ZT couldn't throw downfield.

You had the Clercius drop, then two other passes that were ill-advised due to tight coverage (one to Joly, can't recall target on other), where ZT tossed a bomb that would've dropped right into the WR's hands, in stride, if the coverage wasn't so tight (thus, the ill-advised part).

The kid can throw, and has a nice, tight ball. Seems to me ZT's issue is more locking on too early, not checking down quickly enough, and missing the guys who actually are open. Hopefully, that will come with experience.

Reaction Score
Among the things that I found amusing in the game chat we're people saying ZT couldn't throw downfield.

You had the Clercius drop, then two other passes that were ill-advised due to tight coverage (one to Joly, can't recall target on other), where ZT tossed a bomb that would've dropped right into the WR's hands, in stride, if the coverage wasn't so tight (thus, the ill-advised part).

The kid can throw, and has a nice, tight ball. Seems to me ZT's issue is more locking on too early, not checking down quickly enough, and missing the guys who actually are open. Hopefully, that will come with experience.
I don't understand where the Zion can't throw the ball downfield stuff comes from. He clearly throws the best ball out of any UConn QB since Orlovsky. As you stated he has some issues to clean up but throwing a good ball certainly isn't one of them. It was apparent he could sling it since he took over the job.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Then why would his mother be proud?
Are you dumb? If the post was quoted from someone else…and wasn’t that person’s words. It wasn’t intended for who quoted it, but the person who said it. And since it wasn’t a name, then the response couldn’t be directed…

Reaction Score
UConn clearly belonged on the field with Liberty. No difference on size, speed or skill.
I saw it differently. They out yardaged us and out first downed us by big margins. I did think there was an overall difference in the speed of the two teams. We made all the big plays and won, but I didn’t think our combination of speed, size and athleticism was quite even with theirs.

Reaction Score
Fairly obvious that one of us is. You keep on doubling down though, bless your heart.
If you can comprehend, there was no double down. You keep beating a dead horse when the first response clearly stated the response wasn’t for who quoted it but whomever actually said it. Just go cut your lawn with scissors…that doesn’t require too much thinking.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
"Clearly" is clearly not your thing. I am sorry though, for responding to your actual words rather than whatever it is that you may have wished you said.

Reaction Score
I don't understand where the Zion can't throw the ball downfield stuff comes from. He clearly throws the best ball out of any UConn QB since Orlovsky. As you stated he has some issues to clean up but throwing a good ball certainly isn't one of them. It was apparent he could sling it since he took over the job.
Casey Cochrane was better. Damn concussions.

Reaction Score
I saw it differently. They out yardaged us and out first downed us by big margins. I did think there was an overall difference in the speed of the two teams. We made all the big plays and won, but I didn’t think our combination of speed, size and athleticism was quite even with theirs.
But those things don’t matter. And honestly, I thought we were equals. Could you make a case that certain players they had were better? Sure. But overall team size and speed, I’m not convinced.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Fair enough.

I think the numbers were deceiving a bit.

Mitchell fumble recovery for a TD doesn't show up in total yards.

When it was 4th down and yards mattered UConn was equal to the task.

Reaction Score
Fair enough.

I think the numbers were deceiving a bit.

Mitchell fumble recovery for a TD doesn't show up in total yards.

When it was 4th down and yards mattered UConn was equal to the task.
We won the game. I am ecstatic. That’s all that matters.

If we played that at home next Saturday do you think it would be a pick ‘em game? You’re welcome to. I don’t.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We won the game. I am ecstatic. That’s all that matters.

If we played that at home next Saturday do you think it would be a pick ‘em game? You’re welcome to. I don’t.

If UConn and Liberty played ten games it would be close to 50/50.

Liberty led country in sacks. They got zip. Defensive line for YConn was able to get a push and Oline held their own as well. Liberty had one great skill player and he was very effective. UConn had better depth of skill players.
Like you, I'm ecstatic over the win.

Michigan, SU and NC State clearly had better talent than UConn.

I won't concede that to any other opponent this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom