Liberty Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Liberty Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Great great win, but can we give Robert Burns the ball some more, especially instead of idiot gadget plays with the back-up QB to the short side of the field? Could have cost us the game.

On the 3 down interception we should have handed it off and punted to pin them deep if we didn't get it. Sorry but we need to do a better job situationally.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wow, just wow.

I played in a scramble golf tourney this morning supporting a veteran's rehab and re-integration group. Had a blast. Came home to watch this on replay.

I'm sure most of this has already been said, but, wow. Wow. Wow.

The Rosa TD run in the first half was perfect Rosa. An imperfect read, got a bit too deep on his run, and then busts a tackle and off he goes. Rosa has a high probability of being a Freshmen All-American. He's up to 8 TD's and as I mentioned earlier this week, he has a nose for 6 points. Between him and what Clingan is showing on the court, and a whole bunch of Connecticut pride is showing up bigly.

Jackson Mitchell. Nose for the ball. He is legit AA talent and numbers are backing up his impact bigly too.

Dave Benedict. Whatever inspired you to reach out to Mora, spend a few days and seal the deal??? Dayum!!!

Zion. Six wins as a starter this year after taking over in game one. As a true frosh. He has lost more games this year as a UConn starter than he did in three years starting for St. Thomas Aquinas in three years. I bet he feels way better tonight than he did after any season at STA. The TD pass to Clercius was beautiful. By far his best game spinning the ball.

Highlight of the game to me was in fourth quarter when Liberty had the ball and Mora called a TO. Know who was on his hip???? Zion Turner. Kid was engaged in the game and engaged with his HC. Dayum x infinity vibes there.

Mora and Charlton. Great combo.

Storming the field. Some dude was on there with his young son on his back with a back pack. Goose bumps. Why? When UConn beat USF in 2010 to go to the Fiesta Bowl, I had my son on my shoulders and my sister took a picture of it. Great memories. My son now goes about 6'3" 290 lbs and I would really hurt myself trying to hoist him up and walk him on to the field. I'll take solace in seeing next generation of dad/son do the same.

Did I mention "Wow, just wow! Wow!!"

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'm usually in favor of coasting to a win without a lot of stress, but to beat an 8-1 team coming off a win over Arkansas in a slug fest was oddly more satisfying. We punched, they punched, we punched.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm usually in favor of coasting to a win without a lot of stress, but to beat an 8-1 team coming off a win over Arkansas in a slug fest was oddly more satisfying. We punched, they punched, we punched.

Especially because Liberty totally took momentum on their side at end of first half and for first 10 minutes of third quarter and then the Huskies through a counter to their counter and Liberty didn't have a counter to UConn's counter.

Reaction Score

Great afternoon to be at the Civic Center. Great comeback by the Men's Hockey Team as well.

I remember hearing about the UConn victory over Iowa State at the Civic Center back in 2002. Must have been a men's basketball game but I can't recall the details. Big step for the Football Program. Hope this victory is similar in the reemergence of football team.

Reaction Score
Awesome game pic

6IPELYN4LSKT7LXCXH7RF33SOI.jpg

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
FYI - If Army were to beat us next week, they would be 4 - 6. Not bowl eligible. You need 6 wins.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
You currently have 20 likes for this novella that I will never finish reading.

I thumbsed up at Bigly.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

That stat...just raises bile into my throat. You know, where the uvula burns and you almost wretch but you are able to stop it. Then the swallowing of the bile makes you want to wretch again.

But you don't.

Reaction Score
Yesterday's game was an emotional roller coaster with all of the ups & downs, twists & turns associated with thrill rides. So happy to have watched it in person.
And if it's possible, I thought the fans, though they were fewer in number, were the loudest that they've been all season. The RENT truly has returned to being an auditory nightmare for the opposition.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Especially because Liberty totally took momentum on their side at end of first half and for first 10 minutes of third quarter and then the Huskies through a counter to their counter and Liberty didn't have a counter to UConn's counter.
That how you know it wasn't just luck. Can we say we are just as good as Liberty? I think so based on yesterday.

Reaction Score
Yesterday's game was an emotional roller coaster with all of the ups & downs, twists & turns associated with thrill rides. So happy to have watched it in person.
And if it's possible, I thought the fans, though they were fewer in number, were the loudest that they've been all season. The RENT truly has returned to being an auditory nightmare for the opposition.
Still horse today. It was looking a little grim at times, especially after the momentum shift and the D looking pretty gassed. I really think the crowd amping up down the stretch helped energize the players.

Reaction Score
Freeze clearly looked past this game ( maybe he’s too busy interviewing), but when u don’t know who is coordinating/coaching against you, you have not prepared.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom