2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well heck, after watching that video I am pumped for this kid. Very nice player. Love his energy

Reaction Score
Without interest in researching the matter further, I question your own assumptions about the fans or the players.

Is your "problem with how many here so easily assume..." that it's too many or too few?

I wrote my previous paragraph to reduce your post to absurdity, and did so before looking to see what anybody else wrote in response.

Why?

Because your final paragraph is unsupportably exaggerated, and leaves no room for disagreement, even though it doesn't represent or measure up to anything I think or feel. I'm confident that I'm not the only person with contrary thoughts to yours. I restrain myself from behaving more poorly.
Business lawyer responded back to a statement I made earlier in the week with similar rhetoric inferring I made all these unfair conclusions about the same ideology above. I made zero in the statement he commented on- when I responded back to what he said about me it was crickets.

Not sure why he responded that way to me in the first place considering I never came close to make any conclusions as he mentioned.

Reaction Score
Kid is 6’7 Cam Spencer. Only thing missing are highlights of McNeely making plays out of the pivot with shot fakes and pass fakes.

Much better athlete than I assumed. Thought he would be in the Karaban mold of athleticism

Reaction Score
Business lawyer responded back to a statement I made earlier in the week with similar rhetoric inferring I made all these unfair conclusions about the same ideology above. I made zero in the statement he commented on- when I responded back to what he said about me it was crickets.

Not sure why he responded that way to me in the first place considering I never came close to make any conclusions as he mentioned.

That’s because you won boneyard. You’ve leveled up to taking on business doctors now.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Look. It’s simple.
For all intents and purposes, 99% of Boneyard posts are moot and, therefore, for all intensive purposes should be muted.
(Or the other way around)
tyin na learn sum tin at boneyard be hard

Stop Talking Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Reactions: MJ1
Reaction Score
And there is a point this season where Clingan was out and Johnson was the starter and pretty much single handedly won the St John’s game before Xmas coming off Seton Hall loss. We were undefeated in the BigEast with Johnson as a starter.

People have short memories.
I know this is the Liam thread, but its also the BY…

It’s amazing how unaware some fans are…

One of the main beefs about Samson (foul trouble)…he significantly improved on as the season went on. Nearly all of the last 10 games or so, foul trouble wasn’t an issue. The Edey game was an anomaly for obvious reasons.

Certain great basketball minds here also predicted that once the cupcake games ended, Samson’s alley oops would go away. They didn’t…he consistently out-athletes even top D1 talent and will continue to do so next year.

His high hedging will be even better next year…but certain experts will continue to comment in every postgame analysis that it’s a liability…

He’s showing flashes of a post game, and has made some great assists. These are gonna get better next year.

Can’t wait for 24-25 season Slamson!

Reaction Score
Look. It’s simple.
For all intents and purposes, 99% of Boneyard posts are moot and, therefore, for all intensive purposes should be muted.
(Or the other way around)
just started following the boneyard and predecessors 24 years ago when we moved to Richmond. Some of the great posters are here now, hooper scooper etc. Wide access to Connecticut, medis and personal experiences. Those folks was wonderful. Posters weren’t entitled. Posters supported program.
Nowadays, Truly 99% of post aren’t scanned by me any longer, what happened ?

Reaction Score
just started following the boneyard and predecessors 24 years ago when we moved to Richmond. Some of the great posters are here now, hooper scooper etc. Wide access to Connecticut, medis and personal experiences. Those folks was wonderful. Posters weren’t entitled. Posters supported program.
Nowadays, Truly 99% of post aren’t scanned by me any longer, what happened ?
Too many trolls, fakespurts, and negative-nancies.

Reaction Score
Seems like the Twitter prediction guy isn’t super accurate according to people that follow it closer than me.
There are some guys out there who def throw crystal balls around hedging and then change it last minute (no idea if this guy does this)….

But he is 67/74 on crystal ball predictions.

Reaction Score
There are some guys out there who def throw crystal balls around hedging and then change it last minute (no idea if this guy does this)….

But he is 67/74 on crystal ball predictions.
He’s not a reliable source at all. We need to wait for someone that’s actually credible

Reaction Score
Not spelling his name correctly was a flag to me. Liam's family strikes me as being very thoughtful and methodical. Liam stated he was going to start visits after Jordan event 2 to 3 weeks ago. Hard to imagine either he or his family would leak any news to the media before he's even stepped on campus.

They're holding all the cards. I'm sure Dan will make sure the visit is impactful for all.

Reaction Score
I prefer players who have a quiet recruitment and take their time to make the best decision. Frustrated the bejesus out of fans, but it speaks to maturity and intelligence.

If a player commits to us because we're the shiny new toy, what happens when someone else has a bigger, better toy?

Reaction Score
I prefer players who have a quiet recruitment and take their time to make the best decision. Frustrated the bejesus out of fans, but it speaks to maturity and intelligence.

If a player commits to us because we're the shiny new toy, what happens when someone else has a bigger, better toy?
Austin Croshere. Except the other toy was cheap and tinny.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The fact that he hasn’t scheduled another visit after ours yet seems like a good sign. I obviously have zero insight here but in my delusional brain I’m spinning this to mean that he thinks UConn is his destination so unless he comes here and hates it, he won’t bother setting up another visit.

Reaction Score
Not aware of how the initial recruiting process was for Liam, but usually it is a crazy grind for any kid and his family. Guessing(hoping) he has a good idea of what he is looking for and looking at this go round. Decommitting from Indiana upon learning Woodson was returning leads me to believe that is true. Visiting UConn first also leads me to believe he has an idea that his needs might be met here. Let all of us on the Boneyard try not to screw it up!!
DOOMED.

aburks11 on same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member