Let's talk about Breanna Stewart! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Let's talk about Breanna Stewart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kid just seems unbelievably good for a 17 year old - shooting, blocking, ball handling - she is just so good at the mental part of the game too. I am in awe.
the scary part about all that is i just read a quote from her coach who said something like "the strongest thing about her game is her mental toughness". that's an incredibly huge compliment to go along with all her physical gifts.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bree will see very little time as a traditional center (a 5) at UConn.

For the Huskies, she will play mostly at the 4 and the 3. (And -- if there is ever a necessity -- half the team is ill for a game, or some such) she can play both the 1 and the 2. "Versatility" is Bree's middle name.

And I thought it was Mackenzie!

I expect to see Bree play multiple positions, perhaps all five. She can definitely play PG. Think Magic Johnson. Repeat after me: Matchup nightmare!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think that down the road, Elizabeth Williams might well figure into the shot-blocking conversation along with BStewart. I'm not sure she has quite the 'springy' legs of BStewart but she is extremely active and athletic as well, and she also takes up space more effectively, IMO - this helps her get blocks deep in the paint as it keeps a little body distance between her and her opponent. (I agree that Griner is at another level of intimidation, whether or not it actually pans out in her block statistics.)
Yep, Elizabeth Williams is also supposed to be an excellent shot blocker.

Let's see: If Duke has Williams and UConn has Stefanie AND Breanna, I like our chances.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

For the Huskies, she will play mostly at the 4 and the 3. (And -- if there is ever a necessity -- half the team is ill for a game, or some such) she can play both the 1 and the 2. "Versatility" is Bree's middle name.

+1

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Could we maybe come up with something besides BS? How about
plain old "Breanna"?
well we could do it like they do on the orange board and use names like "Lyssi" and "Kinna" and "Miko" and "Draya" and "Izzy" and "Schmoopie".

ok, i made the last one up, but they are all equally cloying. I do agree, tho, that calling her "BS" is, well, BS. lol. Perhaps we could call her "Bre", or "B-Stew" even. at least with the duo of Brianna's (Brianna Banks and Breanna Stewart), calling one of the BB won't cause any headaches!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bree

Bria

Brianna

Easy!

Not Brie. That would be cheesy. ;)

Reaction Score
My only fear is she playing too much hoops for her age. When doe her body get to rest?......

If that's your only fear, I wouldn't worry too much. During school season she doesn't play many games.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Breanna is UN be liev able
She is Tina Renee Maya and EDD all rolled into one. If you doubt me watch her.

Reaction Score
I guess BMS doesn't work either?!

well we could do it like they do on the orange board and use names like "Lyssi" and "Kinna" and "Miko" and "Draya" and "Izzy" and "Schmoopie".

ok, i made the last one up, but they are all equally cloying. I do agree, tho, that calling her "BS" is, well, BS. lol. Perhaps we could call her "Bre", or "B-Stew" even. at least with the duo of Brianna's (Brianna Banks and Breanna Stewart), calling one of the BB won't cause any headaches!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score

Agree

Reaction Score

100% agree. I think her talents would be maximized at the 3 or 4.

Reaction Score
quick question.. anyone know if that 7foot girl from jersey is even getting recruited by anyone?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Let's see. . . .

Breanna Stewart is 6'4" with an amazing (reported) 6'10" wingspan.

She has played well in international competition and spectacularly well at the HS level.

She is now a senior in HS.

She has committed to enroll at UConn in fall 2012.

Those are facts.

I can hardly wait to see her play in a national flag blue + white UConn wcbb uniform.

And that, ladies and gents, is what causes my barely controllable drooling.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
6-10 is the name KML was calling her with the U19 team.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
ESPN game dvd... anyone has a spare copy?

Reaction Score
Stewart led the Pan AM team in scoring, rebounds and blocks, but only was 3rd in steals, hence obviously has a lot of work to do in that area. Also only had 12 points, 6 rebounds and 3 blocks in the last game against Jamaica, but maybe she would have done better if she played more than 14 minutes. I'm not sure what this board sees in her, you (the board) obviously believe she will be a special player.
(Above tongue-in-cheek).

Reaction Score

Can "Schmoopie" play in the post :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Marvadene "Bubbles" Anderson is at Rutgers Prep. She's a 6'11" center, not ranked in HoopGurlz top 100.

Guess which one she is in the team photo?

TeamSCT_medium.JPG

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Marvadene "Bubbles" Anderson is at Rutgers Prep. She's a 6'11" center, not ranked in HoopGurlz top 100.

Guess which one she is in the team photo?

TeamSCT_medium.JPG

That's her in the red hair, holding the trophy -- standing in front of the 8 footer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom