Let's talk about Breanna Stewart! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Let's talk about Breanna Stewart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
With Xylina going elsewhere, I sort of think we should take a flier on Bubbles. Chris Dailey has a tremendous track record with developing posts. Why not give it a shot? Bring her in as a change of pace. If she can D up on opposing posts and catch high entry passes, it seems like she'd be a pain in the butt to deal with, esecially if you've already spent 15 minutes trying to handle Stef Dolson. I completely trust Geno and CD to make this decision, but I think it'd be interesting to see what CD could do with a very raw player like her.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno passed on that 6-10 kid that ended up at Georgetown because she was too much of a project. I'll be darned if I can remember the kid's name, which should tell you all you need to know about someone who's strongest point is her height rather than her ability as a basketball player.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Last I heard Rutgers was involved with Bubbles, she has been at a number of Rutgers games last season. Haven't heard anything as of late, other then she did take an official visit to South Florida a couple weeks ago.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If Rutgers can't get her to games and have the best chance when she is attending the Rutgers Prep then there are big problems.

HGN

Reaction Score
Bree will see very little time as a traditional center (a 5) at UConn.

For the Huskies, she will play mostly at the 4 and the 3. (And -- if there is ever a necessity -- half the team is ill for a game, or some such) she can play both the 1 and the 2. "Versatility" is Bree's middle name.
I think Stewart will play the 4 primarily.......The 3 to create matchup problems and take advantage of the other teams shorter and less athletic 3's ; and the 5 in a pinch.

UConn is fortunate to have such a deep roster that it doesnt have to play Stewart at the 5 every night. They can move her around during the game to create any situational matchup problem they desire or they want. She can be just that good.

JS

Reaction Score
I am not convinced that Stewart will see most of her time on the court as a traditional ONE.
Ha. The jury's out on that one.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
But she might someday prove to be "the one" (in the Matrix sense)
images
MV5BMTYyNDQyOTEyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTI4MTc4Mw@@._V1._CR487,0,1074,1074_SS99_.jpg

Reaction Score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear I can remember someone posting that she can't be in games for too long and even walks with a cane during certain parts of the day? I have no first hand knowledge of her and hadn't thought about her until this thread but let me know if I'm wrong.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear I can remember someone posting that she can't be in games for too long and even walks with a cane during certain parts of the day? I have no first hand knowledge of her and hadn't thought about her until this thread but let me know if I'm wrong.
You are wrong.

Reaction Score
You are wrong.

Jeeze someone hasn't had their morning coffee yet. Explain to me how you know i'm wrong, I mean I know you're a mod and amazing at photoshop but how is her play in games?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Is that the name of the new UConn offensive set, "The Matrix."

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Breanna just completed a very short duration tournament with several back to back games. I believe she played the most minutes of any of the USA team members. In playing those games she was the most active and mobile player on the court. She exhibited zero signs of fatigue or any physical malady of any sort the entire time on the court.

You threw out a nebulous reference to someone saying she can't be in games too long when she just demonstrated behavior at the far end of the spectrum opposite that.

Read the threads on the Pan Am games to see the huge consensus on her play as I've just described. An unsubstantiated suggestion that she has a physical problem that prevents her from playing minutes after that very recent display does not even come close to sounding credible.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear I can remember someone posting that she can't be in games for too long and even walks with a cane during certain parts of the day? I have no first hand knowledge of her and hadn't thought about her until this thread but let me know if I'm wrong.​
You are wrong.

Does he mean Breanna or Bubbles?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Well I see that you are probably correct and he is referring to bubbles in the "her " reference. In that case I have no comment on Bubbles or her physical capabilities. I apologize for confusing things but I understood he was referring to Breanna and apparently that was incorrect.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
that was my thought too. it would not surprise me with a high school girl who grew so quickly up to 6'7" at only 15 years old or so...

Reaction Score
Well I see that you are probably correct and he is referring to bubbles in the "her " reference. In that case I have no comment on Bubbles or her physical capabilities. I apologize for confusing things but I understood he was referring to Breanna and apparently that was incorrect.

Oh I apologize I should have clarified, I was definitely talking about Bubbles. I've been following Breanna for quite some time and think she is phenomenal, as we all do!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Just trying to lift the fog, biff.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
But she might someday prove to be "the one" (in the Matrix sense)

It's almost an embarrassment of riches, really - we could have a good ol' fashioned BY back-and-forth about who might make 1st-Team-AA the most times, BStewart or KML? Or, maybe Moriah goes crazy and dominates even more than those two (unlikely IMO, but who knows?). And what if DD comes to Storrs? It's just ridiculous....in a great way ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's almost an embarrassment of riches, really - we could have a good ol' fashioned BY back-and-forth about who might make 1st-Team-AA the most times, BStewart or KML? Or, maybe Moriah goes crazy and dominates even more than those two (unlikely IMO, but who knows?). And what if DD comes to Storrs? It's just ridiculous....in a great way ;)
almost??!!! i say this with absolutely no arrogance. in the past 4 years (2009-2012), there's not a single team in WCBB who has come close to the kind of recruiting UCONN has done. this is not to say other teams have not been recruiting well - all the usual suspects have gotten a top kid or 2 - kids in the top 5 or top 10. but NO ONE has done it to the extreme that UCONN has.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
now lets get atleast 3 titles in the next 5yrs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom