Let the games begin! Weekend (11/10-12) Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Let the games begin! Weekend (11/10-12) Games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They did virtually nothing last year, but before last year Brown and Orum had done virtually nothing as well. Just plug in the next player and the on court product looks about the same year to year.
There will undoubtedly be at least one OSU player who has rarely or never seen the court and who will impress everyone this season. The main thing that makes this season's rebuild even tougher (in my mind) than last year's is the intangible of having to replace the undisputed floor leadership of Wiese and how their entire team chemistry centered around her. Again, not saying they can't do it, but it's more of a complete overhaul than it was having to replace Weisner and Hamblin.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wiese has been the face of the program for 4 years, but to me replacing Hamblin and Weisner at the same time is certainly harder than replacing just 1 player. We'll see soon enough. I thought Weisner was more consistent and a more complete player than Wiese.

Plebe

Reaction Score
And the first results of the 2017-18 women's college basketball season are now trickling in:
  • Iowa State over South Dakota, 81-76. South Dakota led by 3 at halftime, but ISU came up big in the 4th quarter with 30 points for the win. Kudos to Fennelly for scheduling a non-cupcake in his opening game. Bridget Carleton had 24 points, and ISU was 11 of 18 on 3's.
  • The Mike Neighbors era at Arkansas begins with a 65-54 win over Sam Houston State. Devin Cosper had 17 points and 12 boards.
  • Lowest-scoring game of the year? Clemson defeats Kennesaw State, 41-28. I hear that Clemson's invitation to join the SEC is in the works. :D
  • Clemson's fellow ACC bottom-feeder Boston College beat Bryant, 65-42. Great preparation for BC's upcoming two games vs. Notre Dame.
  • Oklahoma State rolled over Incarnate Word, 86-35. Graduate transfer Loryn Goodwin (from UTSA) had 18 points and 10 assists for the Cowgirls.
Currently playing are Arizona, Illinois, and Syracuse. The Arizona game is being live-streamed here: Iona at Arizona

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This coming weekend has the potential of being one of the best starts to a season UConn has ever had. The signing of Christyn Williams, a convincing win (with no injuries) over Stanford, and a commitment from ONO to top it off. There's no way it can get any better than that. It can happen!!! :cool:

Reaction Score
2 of the best opening weekend match-ups are going to be in Orono, Maine as Dayton takes in Harvard tonight at 8 & then probable winner Dayton will battle Tulane tomorrow at 2 (if the Green Wave beats my Black Bears!)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I do not see why there is so little mention of Stanford vs Ohio State 6PM tonight on BTN network at 6PM (EST). I will start a new thread since all BY's should watch this game to scout 2 of our upcoming opponents.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I do not see why there is so little mention of Stanford vs Ohio State 6PM tonight on BTN network at 6PM (EST). I will start a new thread since all BY's should watch this game to scout 2 of our upcoming opponents.

I completely agree that it merits its own thread. By far the marquee game of this opening day.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Is there still a game with Ohio State? I thought the Stanford game replaced the Buckeye game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Is there still a game with Ohio State? I thought the Stanford game replaced the Buckeye game.
You are correct. Ohio State is not on UConn's schedule this season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
2 of the best opening weekend match-ups are going to be in Orono, Maine as Dayton takes in Harvard tonight at 8 & then probable winner Dayton will battle Tulane tomorrow at 2 (if the Green Wave beats my Black Bears!)
I believe that Kolby Morgan of Tulane is #6 in the nation in career scoring among current college players.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
You are correct. Ohio State is not on UConn's schedule this season.

Sorry. I had thought tOSU was on our schedule. Still a great game between 2 such divergent styles.

Plebe

Reaction Score
#16 Missouri is currently in a dog fight with Western Kentucky, playing in Iowa.

WKU led by 10 at the half, but Mizzou has now cut the lead to 4 late in the 3rd quarter.

Sophie Cunningham has 21 points but is in foul trouble (4 fouls).

Reaction Score
I just took a quick look at the spreads on the Women tonight and 2 caught my attention.

I like Ohio St +4.5 vs Stanford and Virginia +17.5 vs Mississippi State. I think Stanford and Mississippi State are overrated to start the season.

Reaction Score
1. In an "oh how the mighty have fallen" story, Hampton beats UNC 70-66 in front of a UNC crowd generously estimated at 200. Sylvia needs 10 wins to get to 1000.

2. The LSU at U S Florida game is on Cox Sports at 5:30. I would imagine that it would be available on other systems as well.

Plebe

Reaction Score
1. In an "oh how the mighty have fallen" story, Hampton beats UNC 70-66 in front of a UNC crowd generously estimated at 200. Sylvia needs 10 wins to get to 1000.

2. The LSU at U S Florida game is on Cox Sports at 5:30. I would imagine that it would be available on other systems as well.

Wow! Hampton! I've been so busy monitoring the Missouri-WKU score that I didn't see anything else.

WKU is up by 3 with 14 seconds to play. Nail-biter.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Final score from Iowa City: Western Kentucky takes down #16 Missouri, 77-76.
  • Tashia Brown of Western Kentucky scored 30 points and had 6 steals. She was also 10-of-11 from the free throw line.
  • Cunningham finished with 25 points but fouled out. Jordan Frericks had 26 points. Cierra Porter had 10 points and 14 rebounds.
This is hardly an embarrassing loss. Western Kentucky is strong mid-major team. But it does puncture some of the hype that Mizzou brought into this season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Triad will be disappointed. ;)

I saw the list of coaching career wins. I think Sylvia can get 1o this year for 1,000. CViv needs 23. I don't expect that this season. Getting it in 2 seasons could be tight. Her team won only 6 games last year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
George Mason staying close with Michigan so far, down by 4 in the 3Q.

Natalie Butler currently 2nd on her team in scoring with 8 points. She also has 5 rebounds, 2 blocks, and an assist.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom