Let the games begin! Weekend (11/10-12) Games | The Boneyard

Let the games begin! Weekend (11/10-12) Games

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The season starts on Friday. Here are AP Top 25 games this weekend (all times ET)

Friday 11/10

Lamar @ #3 Baylor 8 pm
Alabama State @ #4 South Carolina 7 pm (SECN+)
#10 Stanford @ #5 Ohio State 6 pm (BTN)
Virginia @ #7 Miss State 9 pm (SECN+)
San Jose St @ #8 UCLA 10 pm
SE Missouri St @ #9 Louisville 7 pm
CSU Northridge @ #11 Oregon 8 pm
Central Connecticut @ #13 West Virginia 7 pm
Albany @ #15 Maryland 7 pm
Western Kentucky @ #16 Missouri 3:30 pm
North Florida @ #18 Florida State 7 pm
North Dakota @ #19 Oregon State 5 pm
Houston @ #20 Texas A&M 8 pm (SECN+)
St Mary's @ #20 Cal 8 pm
Belmont Univ @ #22 Oklahoma 8 pm
LSU @ #23 South Florida 5:30 pm
George Mason @ #24 Michigan 7 pm
Northern Colorado @ #25 Depaul 8 pm

Saturday 11/11

Mt St Mary's @ #6 Notre Dame 1 pm

Sunday 11/12

#10 Stanford @ #1 UConn 1:30 pm (ESPN)
Stetson @ #2 Texas 2 pm (LHN)
Coppin State @ #3 Baylor 2 pm
#9 Louisville @ #5 Ohio State 4 pm ESPNU
Presbyterian @ #8 UCLA 5 pm
#12 Duke @ Grand Canyon 5 pm (ESPN3)
East Tennessee State @ #14 Tennessee 2 pm (SECN+)
#18 Florida State @ Jacksonville State 4:30 pm
Houston Baptist @ #23 South Florida 2 pm

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The season starts on Friday. Here are AP Top 25 games this weekend (all times ET)

Friday 11/10

Alabama @ #4 South Carolina 7 pm (SECN+)
That would be Alabama State. SEC doesn't start yet.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

Friday 11/10

Lamar @ #3 Baylor 8 pm
Alabama State @ #4 South Carolina 7 pm (SECN+)
#10 Stanford @ #5 Ohio State 6 pm (BTN)
Virginia @ #7 Miss State 9 pm (SECN+)
San Jose St @ #8 UCLA 10 pm
SE Missouri St @ #9 Louisville 7 pm
CSU Northridge @ #11 Oregon 8 pm
Central Connecticut @ #13 West Virginia 7 pm
Albany @ #15 Maryland 7 pm
Western Kentucky @ #16 Missouri 3:30 pm
North Florida @ #18 Florida State 7 pm
North Dakota @ #19 Oregon State 5 pm
Houston @ #20 Texas A&M 8 pm (SECN+)
St Mary's @ #20 Cal 8 pm
Belmont Univ @ #22 Oklahoma 8 pm
LSU @ #23 South Florida 5:30 pm
George Mason @ #24 Michigan 7 pm
Northern Colorado @ #25 Depaul 8 pm

Saturday 11/11

Mt St Mary's @ #6 Notre Dame 1 pm

Sunday 11/12

#10 Stanford @ #1 UConn 1:30 pm (ESPN)
Stetson @ #2 Texas 2 pm (LHN)
Coppin State @ #3 Baylor 2 pm
#9 Louisville @ #5 Ohio State 4 pm ESPNU
Presbyterian @ #8 UCLA 5 pm
#12 Duke @ Grand Canyon 5 pm (ESPN3)
East Tennessee State @ #14 Tennessee 2 pm (SECN+)
#18 Florida State @ Jacksonville State 4:30 pm
Houston Baptist @ #23 South Florida 2 pm

Given it's a neutral court, I think it should be Stanford vs. UConn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lamar @ #3 Baylor 8 pm

I'll be cheering for Hedley:

rB3Suhtu.jpg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Thanks for compiling these.

For a potential upset, I'm picking St. Mary's to beat Cal if Anigwe is still out with her injury. St. Mary's returns its top four scorers from a team that won 20 games last season and finished just one game behind Gonzaga in the West Coast Conference.

The Virginia-Miss St matchup is a very intriguing one as well. Virginia is a team on the rise. Willoughby and Toussaint were impressive as freshmen last year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks for compiling these.

For a potential upset, I'm picking St. Mary's to beat Cal if Anigwe is still out with her injury. St. Mary's returns its top four scorers from a team that won 20 games last season and finished just one game behind Gonzaga in the West Coast Conference.

The Virginia-Miss St matchup is a very intriguing one as well. Virginia is a team on the rise. Willoughby and Toussaint were impressive as freshmen last year.
Yeah, I think the St. Mary's game will be very competitive.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Jeez, there's so many games on TV on Friday. I'll probably mostly be watching men's games on Pac 12 Network, but I'll be doing a bunch of channel surfing, or DVRing some games. Might as well just totally OD on the first day of the season, why not?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
#17 Marquette plays its first game on Monday, November 13 against New Mexico.

I'm very excited to follow the Golden Eagles this year. I know @MilfordHusky is too. I became a fan last season and the team should be better this season. I pick Marquette to beat Tennessee in Cancun.

Introducing Milwaukee's best basketball team
When I told my granddaughter that her university's team was spending Thanksgiving in Cancun, she really wanted to go too. But this is her first Thanksgiving away from home, and her mom, dad, and sister miss her, so she needs to go home to see them in So. Cal. She and I will be having the annual whipped cream fight. ;)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Jeez, there's so many games on TV on Friday. I'll probably mostly be watching men's games on Pac 12 Network, but I'll be doing a bunch of channel surfing, or DVRing some games. Might as well just totally OD on the first day of the season, why not?
Trying to get all caught up on my work between now and Friday because I anticipate little work will get done that day.

A few more key opening-day matchups that, despite not involving ranked teams, could have postseason implications:
  • Quinnipiac at Iowa (Friday 6p ET, BTN-Plus). Quinnipiac returns most of its players from last year's Elite 8 squad. Iowa was a WNIT team last year but they get back PG Tania Davis, who tore her ACL in February.
  • George Washington at Princeton (Friday 8p ET, Sooner Sports TV). Tough opener for coach Rizzotti, who has to replace her top 3 scorers from last year. Princeton returns its top two scorers and rebounders, and 6 of 8 players who averaged double-digit minutes.
  • Washington State at UC Davis (Friday 10p ET, Big West TV). A rematch of last year's WNIT 3rd round game won by WSU. UC Davis returns all 9 players who averaged 10+ minutes from last year's team that dominated the Big West but stumbled in the conference tournament. The Aggies are hungry and experienced. WSU lost only one player to graduation and gets back a slew of players who missed time last year due to injury.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
WSU lost only one player to graduation and gets back a slew of players who missed time last year due to injury.

They were surprisingly tough after all the injuries. With Hristova, Brown and Molina back, they are my sleeper pick to make the biggest jump in the Pac 12. I don't think they'll crack the top 4, but I could see them finishing ahead of teams like Cal and Arizona St. and being 5th.

Reaction Score
Interesting to see which teams have scheduled tough openers. Start with Stanford, with two difficult games. Then, of course, UConn, which is one half of Stanford's troubles. Add Louisville, playing Ohio State and the only other maybe, and I'm not eve sure of that is South Florida playing LSU. Of course, we could tune in at 3:30 and see what all the hype is about that player at Missouri who is supposed to be the next incarnation of who? Taurasi? Lobo?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Of course, we could tune in at 3:30 and see what all the hype is about that player at Missouri who is supposed to be the next incarnation of who? Taurasi? Lobo?

Is anyone hyping her to nearly that degree?

Plebe

Reaction Score
They were surprisingly tough after all the injuries. With Hristova, Brown and Molina back, they are my sleeper pick to make the biggest jump in the Pac 12. I don't think they'll crack the top 4, but I could see them finishing ahead of teams like Cal and Arizona St. and being 5th.
I couldn't agree more, and I actually think they could challenge for 4th place. I'm convinced they would've made the tournament last year if they could've stayed a little healthier.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I couldn't agree more, and I actually think they could challenge for 4th place. I'm convinced they would've made the tournament last year if they could've stayed a little healthier.

Well to climb higher, they'd have to overcome teams w/ either superior players or superior coaching, or both. I saw Daugherty's teams at UW for quite a few years. I was never impressed w/ her coaching. Last year they overachieved, but overall her tenure on the Palouse has been very underwhelming (38% winning percentage overall and under 30% in conference in 10 years at Wazzu w/ a high water mark of 17-15). I can't see her outcoaching Vanderveer, Rueck or Graves or overcoming the talent gap w/ UCLA.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well to climb higher, they'd have to overcome teams w/ either superior players or superior coaching, or both. I saw Daugherty's teams at UW for quite a few years. I was never impressed w/ her coaching. Last year they overachieved, but overall her tenure on the Palouse has been very underwhelming (38% winning percentage overall and under 30% in conference in 10 years at Wazzu w/ a high water mark of 17-15). I can't see her outcoaching Vanderveer, Rueck or Graves or overcoming the talent gap w/ UCLA.

I think there'll be a gap between the top 3 of UCLA-Stanford-Oregon and everyone else. Rueck is certainly a better coach than Daugherty, but I'm eager to see how well the team is able to replace Wiese, Hanson, Orum, and Brown. Wiese was their all-everything on offense last year, and Hanson was their rock defensively. I do expect big things from Gulich this year, and I'm sure Pivec will take a big leap as well. We shall see.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Rueck is certainly a better coach than Daugherty, but I'm eager to see how well the team is able to replace Wiese, Hanson, Orum, and Brown. Wiese was their all-everything on offense last year, and Hanson was their rock defensively. I do expect big things from Gulich this year, and I'm sure Pivec will take a big leap as well. We shall see.

In addition to those two, I'm excited to see Fr. Corosdale, sounds like she could be a Deven Hunter type player (3 year starter, including the Final 4 team) with a higher ceiling. Somebody among McWilliams, Tudor, Kalmer, Washington and Thropay is certain to take steps forward this season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In addition to those two, I'm excited to see Fr. Corosdale, sounds like she could be a Deven Hunter type player (3 year starter, including the Final 4 team) with a higher ceiling. Somebody among McWilliams, Tudor, Kalmer, Washington and Thropay is certain to take steps forward this season.
McWilliams and Tudor had rather infrequent bright moments last season, and yes, much will be asked of one or both of them this year. I am aware of Kalmer but I know zero about the other two you named.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
McWilliams and Tudor had rather infrequent bright moments last season, and yes, much will be asked of one or both of them this year. I am aware of Kalmer but I know zero about the other two you named.

They did virtually nothing last year, but before last year Brown and Orum had done virtually nothing as well. Just plug in the next player and the on court product looks about the same year to year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom