Let the games begin! Weekend (11/10-12) Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Let the games begin! Weekend (11/10-12) Games

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Louisville Ohio State that will be a good game

If I recall, Louisville has a terrible record against top teams and Ohio State looked pretty good against Stanford and are also at home so it looks to me like it should be a double digit win?

Reaction Score
Yes, ACC Network is available through WatchESPN/ESPN3.

Starting lineup for the Irish today vs. Mt. St. Mary's:
Thompson (Sr.)
Ogunbowale (Jr.)
Mabrey (Jr.)
Young (So.)
Shepard (Jr.)

Not begrudging Muffet's good luck, landing a direct transfer big from Nebraska to compensate for Turner's season-ending rehab. Shepard's stated hardship was not being able to play for a national contender. Z sits for a year, and Shepard gets dropped off at the door and starts. My ignorance is showing, waiting for the insiders to enlighten me.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not begrudging Muffet's good luck, landing a direct transfer big from Nebraska to compensate for Turner's season-ending rehab. Shepard's stated hardship was not being able to play for a national contender. Z sits for a year, and Shepard gets dropped off at the door and starts. My ignorance is showing, waiting for the insiders to enlighten me.

I don't think we will ever be given an explanation.

Reaction Score
They are Notre Dame and we're just a little mid-major school. Two different set of rules.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Let's see... the football team has it's own national network (NBC) to broadcast it's home games. Does any other team? The NCAA wants to keep the leprechaun happy cause they are probably getting some of that network money.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Let's see... the football team has it's own national network (NBC) to broadcast it's home games. Does any other team? The NCAA wants to keep the leprechaun happy cause they are probably getting some of that network money.
I have always resented that.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Well, a special gift from the BY to Notre Dame. They are getting blitzed by Miami 20-0. Oops. Turned my head 27-0. Not that I am a fan of the Miami Program but still. :D Another ND team that will not make the final 4. :D

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Well, a special gift from the BY to Notre Dame. They are getting blitzed by Miami 20-0. Oops. Turned my head 27-0. Not that I am a fan of the Miami Program but still. :D Another ND team that will not make the final 4. :D
I totally dislike anything Notre Dame, the Evil Empire of collegiate sports, imo.

Reaction Score
Me mother came from Ireland (really), and I was all in on the Irish until they selectively joined the Big East. Now, not enough bad things can happen to them, scoreboard-wise.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Me mother came from Ireland (really), and I was all in on the Irish until they selectively joined the Big East. Now, not enough bad things can happen to them, scoreboard-wise.
I'm still puzzled by how a school with a French name and a predominantly Italian football team in the early years came up with an Irish mascot.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Notre Dame doubled up Mt St. Mary's last night
(with it's 1653 undergrad students, total)
Not a major accomplishment.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'm still puzzled by how a school with a French name and a predominantly Italian football team in the early years came up with an Irish mascot.

It is kind of confusing. Not surprisingly, ND was initially known as the"Catholics" but then took on the term "Ramblers" during the early 1920s in the days of the Four Horsemen and Knute Rockne. There are more than a few origin stories on how the "Fighting Irish" became affiliated with the team, ranging from stories on/about the team to taking on a not-so-endearing sociological "observation." Here's something from the school's website that goes over a bit of them:
UND.COM :: The Official Site of Notre Dame Athletics

BTW, the football team at that time was very Roman Catholic and included origins of Italy, Poland and Ireland. And of course, they were coached in the 20's by a Norwegian-American who was not even Catholic (neither was the late, great Ara Parseghian, an Armenian-American, for that matter).

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Missouri 36 Quinnipiac 35
4 minutes left in the 3rd

Sophie Cunningham pretty quiet with only 8 pts

She finished with 11 and we won the game. Jordan looks terrific this year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The rest of the American needs some work.

Tulsa lost by 25 at home to Belmont while Memphis lost by 30 to Little Rock.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Courtney Ekmark had 12 points and 6 rebounds in her ASU debut. Missed all four of her threes though.

De'Janae Boykin had 14 points and 19 rebounds for Penn State in their win over Drexel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom