Let the Carousel begin! | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Let the Carousel begin!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Two words....Tubby Smith. I hope Coach Brooks is doing his research.
Hey, aren't you a Twin City guy? So, if Coach Kenny Brooks doesn't like the Blue Grass state, he could come up to Minnesota and coach there, like Tubby Smith, right? (On the other hand, Dawn P's first year looked promising ;) )

Reaction Score
@Wildcatfan3
@Vowelguy

I'm watching the ESPN crawl underneath the ND-Ole Miss and NC State-Tenn. games and it's chock full of new about Men's Coaches taking jobs at Stanford, Washington State and Vandy. And a lof of those coaches just left the fourney....so what's going on with the distaff side?

An AD isn’t (generally) going to lose his/her job over a WCBB coach. Priority is mcbb

Dillon77

Reaction Score
An AD isn’t (generally) going to lose his/her job over a WCBB coach. Priority is mcbb
Perhaps, but the coaches at Kentucky (so far), Clemson (still in NCAAs) and Miami aren't going anywhere ;)

Reaction Score
Two words....Tubby Smith. I hope Coach Brooks is doing his research.

For one that was 2 decades ago?
And secondly I don’t think you can compare Kentucky MCBB to WCBB, Kentucky men is basically a pro job. You will be well compensated but the minute you slip, you’re gone.,

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Washington State or Washington?
Oooh...maybe that crawl was going too fast. Washington picks up a Men's Coach (from Utah State) and Wazzau loses one (to Stanford)

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
And USFs brief moment of relevance is over
Hasn't it been over since UConn left their conference? Can't say I've really heard any mention of USF for several years.

Reaction Score
Have to imagine Mike Neighbors seat is heating up at Arkansas. They underachieved when they had Dungee and Co, they missed the tournament back to back years and have 2 of their top players now transferring. He'll probably get another year or 2 but they're trending in the wrong direction after a promising start.
I have no worries about Coach Neighbors and his job status at Arkansas. He will be there until he steps down or his own or if a coaching opportunity comes along that he can't pass up. Arkansas is his dream job.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I have no worries about Coach Neighbors and his job status at Arkansas. He will be there until he steps down or his own or if a coaching opportunity comes along that he can't pass up. Arkansas is his dream job.
I'm sure he doesn't want to leave but how long will the AD be okay with a mediocre program that consistently underachieves? Arkansas is headed in a bad direction under him and the SEC is going to be a blood bath the next several years with the quality of players and coaches in the conference.

Reaction Score
LV fan base seems split on Harper.

For those who want her gone: who would replace her? Kentucky has the splashiest hire of the year by luring Brooks.

TN has the resources to give Walz whatever he wants, but -even he were enticed- I’m skeptical a man and Walz specifically would go over well.

Lawson is on the rise but I’m not sure she’d be interested even though it’s her Alma.

Unless they’re gonna give Staley $5M a year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

For those who want her gone: who would replace her? Kentucky has the splashiest hire of the year by luring Brooks.

TN has the resources to give Walz whatever he wants, but -even he were enticed- I’m skeptical a man and Walz specifically would go over well.

Lawson is on the rise but I’m not sure she’d be interested even though it’s her Alma.

I'll go and barricade Interstate 40 East if the Vols try to come and steal Lawson.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

My guess is they'd go hard after Lawson which is a gamble if she isn't willing to come. Walz isn't a good fit nor do I see him leaving Louisville. I'm still unsure why no one has tried to poach Lisa Fortier from Gonzaga but I don't see Tennessee settling on anyone who isn't coming from a P5.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting. Just popped in my head that Poppie might be a guy that VPI might look at if Brooks leaves

This is a great hire IMO! I too thought he would have been Brooks replacement (should he leave).

Reaction Score

As someone who visits the other forum ... I think TN would be well served to cast a net far and wide and maybe move away from people previously connected to the LVs program.

I do think Walz is an okay coach (and from meeting him once in person, an alright guy) but I don't know if he's capable of putting all the pieces together and I'm so-so on his recruiting. He'd be a pass for me.

I've heard bridges were burned between Lawson and TN so I wouldn't expect her back there. And to me, she just seems mostly unproven as a coach (in my eyes) as of yet.

I cannot see anyone like Staley (or Kim, lol) leaving their current posts no matter how much money is thrown at them. Staley seems especially proud of the legacy she's forged at South Carolina.

Go after a mid-major coach with connections and a proven track record. That's my take.

Reaction Score
As someone who visits the other forum ... I think TN would be well served to cast a net far and wide and maybe move away from people previously connected to the LVs program.

I do think Walz is an okay coach (and from meeting him once in person, an alright guy) but I don't know if he's capable of putting all the pieces together and I'm so-so on his recruiting. He'd be a pass for me.

I've heard bridges were burned between Lawson and TN so I wouldn't expect her back there. And to me, she just seems mostly unproven as a coach (in my eyes) as of yet.

I cannot see anyone like Staley (or Kim, lol) leaving their current posts no matter how much money is thrown at them. Staley seems especially proud of the legacy she's forged at South Carolina.

Go after a mid-major coach with connections and a proven track record. That's my take.
Further, with D Staley being a UVA grad I can’t imagine she would go to one of their biggest rivals from her college playing days.

Reaction Score
Further, with D Staley being a UVA grad I can’t imagine she would go to one of their biggest rivals from her college playing days.
Coach Dawn Staley is turning 54 this year and graduated from UVA over 30 years ago. She likely does not care about rivals from her college days. The truth of the matter is that Tennessee, in its current state, does not offer nearly enough to lure her away from what she's built at South Carolina.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom