Let the Carousel begin! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Let the Carousel begin!

Reaction Score
On the men’s side there have already been a couple p5 announcements today, for teams that lost yesterday or the day before.

This is what I thought would happen with the women’s coaches.

Reaction Score
I like Susie Gardner. I always felt she wasn't really given a fair chance at Arkansas and was happy when she found some success at Mercer.
She was godawful at Arkansas. She is a nice person, and a very solid mid-major coach, but completely out of her depth in P5. To compound the problem, she could not recruit at all.

Reaction Score
Wonder who some of the top options for Kentucky will be. Continue to hear Walz thrown around but I just don't see that happening at all.

Reaction Score
3 years ? At CalSt?
Yes the record this year was really bad (3-27) and not sure I wouldn’t have done the same but …. It’s 3 years.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
3 years ? At CalSt?
Yes the record this year was really bad (3-27) and not sure I wouldn’t have done the same but …. It’s 3 years.
Nice person. Excellent Associate HC at Rutgers. Awful as a head coach in 2 tours, both in California. UCSB and CSUN.

We saw her team play when she was at UCSB and my take was that she was asking too much skill of the players at the level she had. We at Arizona certainly saw our former Coach Butts struggle with the same thing. I don't know what happened at her latest stop, but I doubt anyone is going to give her a 3rd chance.

Reaction Score
East
  • UMBC
  • Cornell

Midwest
  • Eastern Michigan
  • Robert Morris
  • Chicago St

South
  • Kentucky
  • Clemson
  • Ga Southern
  • W Carolina
  • Mercer
  • No Alabama

West
  • Utah St
  • CS Bakersfield
  • CS Northridge

Reaction Score
Hampton coach retiring
===============================

Listing includes conference next year, conference Massey Rank, and team Massey Rank

East
  • Cornell (Ivy 10, 272)
  • UMBC (AE 29, 327)
Midwest
  • Eastern Michigan (MAC 18, 290)
  • Robert Morris (Hor 20, 319)
  • Chicago St (NEC 34, 360)
South
  • Kentucky (SEC 2, 94)
  • Clemson (ACC 3, 83)
  • Ga Southern (SunB 14, 232)
  • Hampton (CAA 23, 344)
  • Mercer (SoCon 24, 202)
  • W Carolina (SoCon 24, 350)
  • No Alabama (ASun 25, 265)
West
  • Utah St (MW 11, 331)
  • CS Bakersfield (BigW 21, 287)
  • CS Northridge (BigW 21, 335)

Reaction Score
CS Bakersfield
Good luck to whoever gets this job. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. Bakersfield has absolutely no appeal to draw in any decently talented recruits. Forget the non-existence of athletics (they don’t advertise them at all), it’s not even a nice place to live.

Unless they somehow get a really talented local star, they’re going to languish at the bottom of their conference forever.

Reaction Score
Good luck to whoever gets this job. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. Bakersfield has absolutely no appeal to draw in any decently talented recruits. Forget the non-existence of athletics (they don’t advertise them at all), it’s not even a nice place to live.

Unless they somehow get a really talented local star, they’re going to languish at the bottom of their conference forever.

Still a better job than Chicago St.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

But at least it's uncomfortably hot most of the time.

Reaction Score
Good luck to whoever gets this job… Bakersfield has absolutely no appeal … it’s not even a nice place to live.
You don’t know em, but you don’t like em. Maybe the next coach just wants a chance to be themselves.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Have to imagine Mike Neighbors seat is heating up at Arkansas. They underachieved when they had Dungee and Co, they missed the tournament back to back years and have 2 of their top players now transferring. He'll probably get another year or 2 but they're trending in the wrong direction after a promising start.

Reaction Score
You don’t know em, but you don’t like em. Maybe the next coach just wants a chance to be themselves.
I do know them. I lived in Bakersfield for almost 4 years and I try to watch all the Roadrunner's WBB games when I can. They are fighting an uphill battle on many fronts. I wasn't hating on any incoming coach, just hoping they can do something with nothing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Saw this last night and was thinking... First Western Carolina, now App State.... What about the other NC mountain school

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Boom.. All three NC schools with mountains as neighbors are looking for a new coach

Reaction Score
Boom.. All three NC schools with mountains as neighbors are looking for a new coach

I would’ve thought you would view a 4th Carolina school as being on a mountain. Of cheating.

Reaction Score
I had heard Carly Thibault-DuDonis was a serious contender for the Kentucky job, but she just signed an extension with Fairfield.

That makes me think Kentucky's AD has his decision made and we should hear something pretty soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom