Let the Carousel begin! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Let the Carousel begin!

Reaction Score
I had heard Carly Thibault-DuDonis was a serious contender for the Kentucky job, but she just signed an extension with Fairfield.

That makes me think Kentucky's AD has his decision made and we should hear something pretty soon.
Seems way too early for her to make that kind of leap. I could’ve seen her at A10 or low big East or ACC.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

This kind of stuff is standard in football, but I feel for the Virginia Tech players. Gotta be in their heads somewhat if they think their coach has one foot out the door before the Tourney even starts.

edit--never mind, just saw the bad news about Kitley, so they're going nowhere whether Brooks has already decided to leave or not

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Apparently, this move at Miami was Katie Meier's idea and she'll move into another role with the U...

"Among the duties that are envisioned in her new role: further help with fundraising for women's programs, serving as a mentor and liaising with alumni. She has long been involved with fundraising at Miami, even making sizable donations herself and challenging others in the community to follow her lead to help women's athletes at the school.

“Her list of accomplishments speaks for itself, but her legacy extends far beyond the court," athletic director Dan Radakovich said. "She has been an incredible ambassador not only for Miami basketball but for the sport of women’s basketball and for the University of Miami. We are excited to continue working with Katie as a member of the Hurricanes family.”

Full AP article below:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Whoa did not see that coming!
So, could this be the position to make FGCU's Karl Smesko consider moving...across the peninsula to Coral Gables? He can still walk to a beach and get his favored kind of run-and-gun-players down to Florida. And he can probably go after some better-known ones as a P5 coach.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
One of my favorite coaches in WCBB. A class act, she will be missed.
And a first-rate Dookie, to boot!

Have always respected her, even if she drove our ND teams nuts. Muffet McGraw is on record as saying she hated having to play Katie Meier-coached teams. That's a compliment coming from MM. ;)

Reaction Score
I wonder if Tomekia Reed (Jackson State) would be interested in some of these openings. I know she's Mississippi to the core, but the opportunities for advancement lie elsewhere.

Reaction Score
If it happens, I think a good move for Brooks. He loses his 2 biggest stars so who knows what next year was gonna be, and you can’t ignore that the ACC is unstable with FSU and Clemson trying to get out.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I wonder if Tomekia Reed (Jackson State) would be interested in some of these openings. I know she's Mississippi to the core, but the opportunities for advancement lie elsewhere.
I think :oops: I raised this after she won the SWAC, but can't be sure with everything that's been going on.
If the rumors about Kenny Brooks are to be believed, then Kentucky, at least, was/is setting its sights on the P5 world. Can't speak for Clemson, which might work. Not sure about Miami...Katie Meier seemed to get her players from here and there, including internationally.

Stay tuned!

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Dillon77

Reaction Score
If it happens, I think a good move for Brooks. He loses his 2 biggest stars so who knows what next year was gonna be, and you can’t ignore that the ACC is unstable with FSU and Clemson trying to get out.
And a candidate for other P5 positions could very well be Megan Duffy of Marquette. Four of her five top scorers are moving on. She's got one or two solid returning players, but it takes awhile to "coach 'em up." She's had some good, not great transfers. Could be time to start 'em up somewhere else.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Clark-Heard to Mercer

Her last gig at Cincy was an absolute dumpster fire, no doubt.
However, she was solid at the two Kentucky schools. Maybe, a return to mid-majors will do it.
(per Raoul)

Reaction Score
Clark-Heard to Mercer

Her last gig at Cincy was an absolute dumpster fire, no doubt.
However, she was solid at the two Kentucky schools. Maybe, a return to mid-majors will do it.
(per Raoul)

I think some of the challenges for her at Cincy was the bad aftertaste from how the Elliot situation was handled and the extremely bad publicity she had off the bat - hard to recover from that situation IMO - and she had no control over that particular situation. I'm excited to see how she does at Mercer.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I think some of the challenges for her at Cincy was the bad aftertaste from how the Elliot situation was handled and the extremely bad publicity she had off the bat - hard to recover from that situation IMO - and she had no control over that particular situation. I'm excited to see how she does at Mercer.
Thanks for that perspective...interesting.
I remember a very strong ND team traveling south to Western Kentucky and got quite a game from that Clark-Heard-coached team.
We'll see what happens!

Reaction Score
Have to imagine Mike Neighbors seat is heating up at Arkansas. They underachieved when they had Dungee and Co, they missed the tournament back to back years and have 2 of their top players now transferring. He'll probably get another year or 2 but they're trending in the wrong direction after a promising start.
I think all of this is correct. This year was a combo of some bad decisions and bad luck, but it's been pretty darn bumpy for year 7.

Reaction Score
If Brooks is indeed going to KY, I'd expect an announcement in the next couple of days.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

@Wildcatfan3
@Vowelguy

I'm watching the ESPN crawl underneath the ND-Ole Miss and NC State-Tenn. games and it's chock full of new about Men's Coaches taking jobs at Stanford, Washington State and Vandy. And a lof of those coaches just left the fourney....so what's going on with the distaff side?

The biggies so far still seem to be Kentucky, Clemson and Miami in no particular order.

Stay tuned...hopefully soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom