Legitimate Problem: Hockey Home Opener or First Night? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Legitimate Problem: Hockey Home Opener or First Night?

Which would you go to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, this is a lay-up decision - go to the hockey game. I am old school about First Night - I have basketball season tickets but have never gone to First Night. Now that First Night is combined with the Woman's celebration there is even less reason to go from a basketball perspective.

For the casual fan this activity is fine - bring the whole family and it's free. However, from a basketball perspective it's worthless and the spectacle of it can be annoying. Again, if you enjoy this type of thing - please go and have fun. I know Calhoun tolerated First Night as opposed to liking it - some of the players and recruits do seem to enjoy it. But, it's no longer even appropriately named - since practice has been going on since early this month.

As opposed to all the other topics you bring a new school perspective to?

In all seriousness, this might be the most chief post of all-time.

1. Bragging about not going to first night, as if that somehow validates you as a die-hard, no-nonsense hoops fan.

2. Belittling of the women's program.

3. "For the casual fan this activity is fine" - that's just so perfect and so chief that I can't do it justice with words.

4. Invoking Calhoun's name like you often do when you're looking for an authority figure to justify your views.

Maybe I'm in the minority but whether this is an act or your real personality, I find it awesome.

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to seeing The Woman and her celebration.

Reaction Score

I have a tough one too. Go with my wife and friends on this event with 50 different beers to taste or go the the UConn hockey game? :rolleyes:

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
As opposed to all the other topics you bring a new school perspective to?

In all seriousness, this might be the most chief post of all-time.

1. Bragging about not going to first night, as if that somehow validates you as a die-hard, no-nonsense hoops fan.

2. Belittling of the women's program.

3. "For the casual fan this activity is fine" - that's just so perfect and so chief that I can't do it justice with words.

4. Invoking Calhoun's name like you often do when you're looking for an authority figure to justify your views.

Maybe I'm in the minority but whether this is an act or your real personality, I find it awesome.

If he said he was skipping First Night to have a night out on the town w/ AD and some fine ladies... then it would have been the most chief post of all time.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

I have a tough one too. Go with my wife and friends on this event with 50 different beers to taste or go the the UConn hockey game? :rolleyes:

Judging by your Atlantis posts I assume you would have that place Dry by puck drop anyway.

Reaction Score
Judging by your Atlantis posts I assume you would have that place Dry by puck drop anyway.

I think those who have met me or played golf with me would tell you that's all talk and a huge exaggeration on my part.:oops:

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to seeing The Woman and her celebration.
RedPanda_is9kkscm_wrbdz9ve.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I did not realize @OkaForPrez was in charge of the video equipment for UConn. Can I change my vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom