OT: - Lebron has two fans kicked out of the arena in OT win vs the Pacers. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Lebron has two fans kicked out of the arena in OT win vs the Pacers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dude’s not too bright.

Good take on how many games James has played, and consider how few times he’s done this. Broussard brought up a good point too that he knows that people in those first few rows have money and/or influence with the organization and they’re not people you just kick out willy nilly.

But people’s critical thinking fails well before they’re able to consider that, in some part related to hate; and you end up with threads like this
My wife has informed me that I often misunderstand things so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and let him explain why that's not what he's saying.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Because someone is a superstar does not put them above everyone who is not. I've heard LeBron James say hateful, disrespectful things towards other players, politicians, politician's children etc.
Because you have money and can sit in the area behind a bench doesn't give you the right to shout fire in the crowded arena and you should have the right mind not attack player's family members.

To say LeBron has been "squeeky clean" off the court is being disingenuous. Yeah he gives money and he has been a community advocate but it is far from doing it with a broad brush. Isn't it amazing that Enis Kantor can basically be censored by the NBA for one viewpoint on the same subject that LeBron can reap millions from and remain silent.

LeBron James to me is a basketball player, an entertainer. I could care less about his views and his social statements. He is not an idol or someone who merits a soapbox.

Reaction Score
Because someone is a superstar does not put them above everyone who is not. I've heard LeBron James say hateful, disrespectful things towards other players, politicians, politician's children etc.
Because you have money and can sit in the area behind a bench doesn't give you the right to shout fire in the crowded arena and you should have the right mind not attack player's family members.

To say LeBron has been "squeeky clean" off the court is being disingenuous. Yeah he gives money and he has been a community advocate but it is far from doing it with a broad brush. Isn't it amazing that Enis Kantor can basically be censored by the NBA for one viewpoint on the same subject that LeBron can reap millions from and remain silent.

LeBron James to me is a basketball player, an entertainer. I could care less about his views and his social statements. He is not an idol or someone who merits a soapbox.
But he is a man with a different perspective and a different experience than most people in this country. His talent and hard work make him one of the best at something many many people like to watch. His fame gives him a voice and reach that many others will never have. He’s allowed to use the soapbox he earned to facilitate his own causes. Just because you don’t agree with him doesn’t mean he hasn’t earned the fame that gives him a voice. No matter how you try to explain yourself, you keep saying the same thing, “shut up and dribble”. Probably best for you to stop commenting all together. You sure as hell haven’t earned it.

Reaction Score
Calling someone a racist is pure BS
Tom should ban you from this board
Don’t get all butt hurt. You’re acting like the big baby now. Get over it and move on.

Reaction Score

Sorry, just to clarify, he's not someone who deserves a soapbox, but your reasoning for him not being squeaky clean is that he's not on a proverbial soapbox making a different political statement? I feel like we should be able to have a discussion about him as a basketball player (or the original discussion about him here) without bringing his political views into it, but the folks that dislike him by and large are incapable of separating the two.

Reaction Score
Calling someone a racist is pure BS
Tom should ban you from this board

I stand by my statement. If you wanna ban me, go for it.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I do think regarding LeBron (and Enes Kanter) that athletes should not discuss politics. We watch sports to get away from politics. Athletes aren’t paid to give their opinions on non-sports items. They are paid to entertain. IMO no athletes anywhere should be opening their mouths on political issues especially considering a lot of them are millionaires far removed from the real world.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Dude’s not too bright.

Good take on how many games James has played, and consider how few times he’s done this. Broussard brought up a good point too that he knows that people in those first few rows have money and/or influence with the organization and they’re not people you just kick out willy nilly.

But people’s critical thinking fails well before they’re able to consider that, in some part related to hate; and you end up with threads like this

Lol coming from Rock the World is hilarious and makes me a genius in comparison. Speaking of dopes! Lol the Lebron love here is fine, just can’t agree with it at all does that make me need to explain something? Because if it does it explains the thinking of others here, not me!

Reaction Score
I could be wrong here, but shouldn't this be in the part of the BY that pertains to Profesional Sports? Especially since the MBB season has started. Just curious as to how that's supposed to work.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong here, but shouldn't this be in the part of the BY that pertains to Profesional Sports? Especially since the MBB season has started. Just curious as to how that's supposed to work.
Makes sense to me to be elsewhere in BY world unless the topic is a former UConn player in NBA....which LeBron is not

....or public service, beer, pizza posts ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A racist for not liking Lebron? Of course that’s the explanation. People have so many issues it’s unbelievable.

Sorry but you don’t call someone a snitch and d bag because you dislike an athlete. The hate for lebron, imo, stems from the shut up and dribble crowd who can’t stand seeing him win on the court and in philanthropy. God forbid he speaks up because two fans wanted to murder his son.

Reaction Score
Lol the Lebron love here is fine, just can’t agree with it at all does that make me need to explain something? Because if it does it explains the thinking of others here, not me!
I’m not attacking you and was just asking you to explain your stance because what you initially wrote definitely came across as “shut up and dribble”. You’ve said we misunderstood so I think it’s reasonable to aak for an explanation.

Reaction Score
Sorry but you don’t call someone a snitch and d bag because you dislike an athlete. The hate for lebron, imo, stems from the shut up and dribble crowd who can’t stand seeing him win on the court and in philanthropy. God forbid he speaks up because two fans wanted to murder his son.
From what I've seen Lebron is usually wrong/hasn't educated himself when he speaks on issues outside of basketball. He has the right to say whatever he wants to say as do Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless...

Everyone has the right to agree/disagree with what Lebron or anyone else says and how they conduct themselves. Everyone has the right to think he should talk less or talk more. Nobody should be labeled a racist because of their views on what he says or how he conducts himself. Let's stop devaluing the word "racist."

I think Lebron is a basketball genius on the court, I think he's kind of a moron off of it. That obviously doesn't make me a racist.

Reaction Score

New topic in "Pro Sports" forum was just added....​

Lebron....saint or sinner? Let's Debate

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
There are now multiple social media posts from people saying they were there that are alleging the same exact comments (hoping his son died in a car accident). The anti-LeBron obsession with some folks is so bizarre.

After the complete nonsense that happened to the Rockies fan this year, I don’t blame anyone being skeptical about these “journalists”

Reaction Score
I’m not attacking you and was just asking you to explain your stance because what you initially wrote definitely came across as “shut up and dribble”. You’ve said we misunderstood so I think it’s reasonable to aak for an explanation.

The only assumption here is someone telling me my thoughts of him are “shut up and dribble.” Where would that come from, because I don’t like his media thoughts all that much? I actually dislike that he believes anyone in the world actually really cares what he thinks since he shuts up about China and Nike. If you can’t be consistent unless it works for you then just shut up we don’t care. Nothing more than that but feel free to assume like others here.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Please stupid take. And this take tells me ALL I need to know about you.

Comparing me on a fan board to Lebron is beyond moronic! But that’s probably not what you mean anyway is it?
I wouldn’t take it personally. Wasn’t West Hartford husky the guy who wanted to cancel some poster because of what he wrote? I may be wrong on that, it was a while ago. Typically a good poster though.

Reaction Score
The only assumption here is someone telling me my thoughts of him are “shut up and dribble.” Where would that come from, because I don’t like his media thoughts all that much? I actually dislike that he believes anyone in the world actually really cares what he thinks since he shuts up about China and Nike. If you can’t be consistent unless it works for you then just shut up we don’t care. Nothing more than that but feel free to assume like others here.
I figured that’s where you were going. And I tend to agree. His silence on China called in to question his integrity and his sincerity. If he’s going to pick and choose what evil to call out he should just remain quiet. A la Jordan. And I’m black, so I do t believe I’m racist towards LeBron. When the racist card gets thrown around like toasters on Oprah, it cheapens the word and the accusation

Reaction Score
But he is a man with a different perspective and a different experience than most people in this country. His talent and hard work make him one of the best at something many many people like to watch. His fame gives him a voice and reach that many others will never have. He’s allowed to use the soapbox he earned to facilitate his own causes. Just because you don’t agree with him doesn’t mean he hasn’t earned the fame that gives him a voice. No matter how you try to explain yourself, you keep saying the same thing, “shut up and dribble”. Probably best for you to stop commenting all together. You sure as hell haven’t earned it.

My 2 cents...

I don't care what Lebron James says politically. In fact, I don't care what any athlete says politically. I don't think he's very smart when it comes to politics despite being on the same side of a lot of issues. It's pretty apparent he doesn't think very critically about issues. Honestly, I'm not sure he understands a lick of what he's saying. His connections to China have made me lose a lot of respect for his opinions.

I also don't think he should just "shut up and dribble". Like every American, he can and should speak his mind when he feels the need to. People can choose or not choose to listen to him at their leisure just like anyone else.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Is that actually what happened? Because it hasn’t been reported elsewhere. Pro tip: if you have to enhance the facts to support your position, you’re not comfortable in it.

For what it’s worth, I find it interesting that LeBron’s comments talked about the profanity and gestures and not the comment about his son.

That said, I really don’t have a dog in the hunt other than to say move it to the leach.

Reaction Score
Is that actually what happened? Because it hasn’t been reported elsewhere. Pro tip: if you have to enhance the facts to support your position, you’re not comfortable in it.

For what it’s worth, I find it interesting that LeBron’s comments talked about the profanity and gestures and not the comment about his son.

That said, I really don’t have a dog in the hunt other than to say move it to the leach.

Yes that’s what really happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger