Le Cannet game | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Le Cannet game

Reaction Score
This sequence is the highlight. All players crisply passing. They knew what to do as soon as they touched the ball and knew where it needed to go.
Once HD initiated the offense, there were 9 passes and only 2 dribbles, each by a different player……in 17 seconds roughly

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Guys, do these games mean anything in the grand scheme? I’m not sure?
The trip means everything. These trips are huge. Bonding, seeing a beautiful part of the world most don't get to see, culture, experiences...it's not about the games and who you're playing. If they could play against each other and scrimmage against some great teams at home it wouldn't have nearly the same impact.

This type of trip is gold. I don't have any of the same after championship worries I had in the past with this team. There's no egos, I don't foresee guys showcasing, they all pass the ball.

It will take the young guys some time but with the championship experience we have coming back, the jumps they'll make, and Spencer and the freshman getting worked in. This team can turn into something scary.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Other than team bonding and building some on court chemistry this means very little in the grand scheme of things. Theyll get more from a couple exhibition games in November. Still nice to see them on the court though.
Don't underestimate the value of the experience for team bonding. It's important. In any event, besides that it's 10 extra practices and three extra games, albeit against weak opponents for a team that has a lot of new personnel. That's hugely valuable.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The observation reported that they we’re playing with intensity even though the opponent was vastly inferior tells all I need to know that Hurley has another team that matches his philosophy and intensity.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
One thing sticks out. The starters were 14-23 on 3 point shots, the bench 3-16.
And Johnson did not take one three. A freshman Ross found a way to put up 7 attempts and our leading candidate for 6th man and who is supposed to be a stretch four does not attempt one from deep during the entire scrimmage. I will keep my eye on that…..

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The observation reported that they we’re playing with intensity even though the opponent was vastly inferior tells all I need to know that Hurley has another team that matches his philosophy and intensity.
More than that. It sounds like they are playing with precision. Anyone can play hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom