Le Cannet game | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Le Cannet game

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
And Johnson did not take one three. A freshman Ross found a way to put up 7 attempts and our leading candidate for 6th man and who is supposed to be a stretch four does not attempt one from deep during the entire scrimmage. I will keep my eye on that…..
I'm not sure I'd read too much into this at this point. Euro teams play a style that we won't see when we're back in the US and from the score it was pretty obvious that they didn't provide a whole lot of resistance to what we wanted to do on offense.

Ross' accuracy from three, as a freshman, may end up being far less than we are currently hoping. Time will tell and fortunately we appear to have more than enough weapons where this won't be a problem. We also won't have too many minutes to offer so I doubt that the staff is expecting double digit contributions from him this upcoming season, merely some games with six to eight quality minutes, some with ten to twelve quality minutes and maybe a few with fourteen to sixteen quality minutes.

Johnson's game will be to contribute while spelling Clingan at times and Karaban at times. If he doesn't attempt a three all year (this will be highly unlikely) it shouldn't be an issue.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
And Johnson did not take one three. A freshman Ross found a way to put up 7 attempts and our leading candidate for 6th man and who is supposed to be a stretch four does not attempt one from deep during the entire scrimmage. I will keep my eye on that…..
Thanks for pointing that out to us. I'm sure it did not escape the eyes of the staff. This is precisely why a scrimmage game by a revamped team with lots of youth and inexperience against an otherwise inferior opponent on the other side of the world will bring out the best in our world class staff. Intel.

Reaction Score
Things that tend to be true about these trips:

• the gyms are hot as hell
  • the competition is interestingly inconsistent and sometimes kind of awful (but everybody is usually a good sport about it)
  • everyone is exhausted during and especially by the end, more so if there are multiple locations involved
  • head coaches are never more relaxed during games than during these and assistants tend to act as the head coach (Dan will actually have a chair!)
  • vibes over stats, always (also, immaculate vibes is a saying all its own why are people weird)

Also, I don’t know why UConn didn’t do these for so long (other than the canceled 2020 one), but they’ll be a regular thing now, as rules permit.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Things that tend to be true about these trips:

• the gyms are hot as hell
  • the competition is interestingly inconsistent and sometimes kind of awful (but everybody is usually a good sport about it)
  • everyone is exhausted during and especially by the end, more so if there are multiple locations involved
  • head coaches are never more relaxed during games than during these and assistants tend to act as the head coach (Dan will actually have a chair!)
  • vibes over stats, always (also, immaculate vibes is a saying all its own why are people weird)

Also, I don’t know why UConn didn’t do these for so long (other than the canceled 2020 one), but they’ll be a regular thing now, as rules permit.
Did they change the rules to allow it to be more frequent? I thought it was only allowed like once every 3 or 4 years?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Strange picture. Karaban just dropped a 3 ball and is giving the hand signal while the ref is signaling a touchdown. I guess thats French for a 3 pointer
He was told it was the American signal for a 3-point FG, but did not comprehend when they said "football."

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It’s also from the final four.

UConn was dressed like they were in a middle school gym class last night.
True, but Danny actually looked pretty good rocking that white polo with blue shorts.

Reaction Score
Definitely going to miss the Sanogo/Clingan one-two punch, but I like what I see. Looks like ample ball handling a multiple guys that can hit a three.

Reaction Score
I'm not through the first half yet. Not seeing much D by the opposition

Reaction Score
Watched the whole game. These teams are like night and day. No one could handle our bigs. Guards had very quick hands. Especially Castle and Newton. Lots of open looks from deep. Good ball movement. Le Cannet basically let our guys to whatever they wanted from the get-go. Not aggressive D (that’s what she said).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom