Latest Odds - Tuesday | The Boneyard

Latest Odds - Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've seen two places that have UConn as 17 point favorites. Seems kind of high to me.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I've seen two places that have UConn as 17 point favorites. Seems kind of high to me.

Remember, as someone repeatedly says here, that number doesn't represent the difference in the teams. It represents a number which, at that time, is needed to make bets a 50/50 split between the two teams.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well UCONN did beat them by 18 earlier in the year. Granted without Turner, but it was @ ND.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
With a line of 17 points, I take ND and the points. Don't think they'll win, but it will be a close game.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Sagarin Predictor has it at 16, and Massey at 13. I too think the game will be closer than last year's NC, so I'll go with 20.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I believe the official line on UConn/Maryland was +22.5. Can't get any closer than that.

Reaction Score
rarely are the bookies off by much, as was seen in last night's game.
That's why they howled at the end of the Duke game earlier when they scored on foul shots at the end of the game. It busted the line.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Well UCONN did beat them by 18 earlier in the year. Granted without Turner, but it was @ ND.
But as Geno reminded Holly Rowe, Mo was in foul trouble and had barely any production that game.

Reaction Score
I was going to ask if anyone wanted to meet to watch the game but it appears as though everyone will be at home watching their VCR record it.

Reaction Score
12-18 sounds about right.

I expect the game will be played mostly in the 8-14 range, with a ND run in the second half making it as close as 6, but we expand the lead late and hold on by double digits.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
But as Geno reminded Holly Rowe, Mo was in foul trouble and had barely any production that game.
Barely? She had 0 points, 2 assists, 5 turnovers, and fouled out. I guess that is "barely", but I would almost say she had "no" production!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
In the first meeting Turner was out and MoJeff didn't score and fouled out. UConn had just lost to Stanford and wasn't playing anywhere where they are now. One more point UConn was down 10 at ND and won by 18. I gotta tell ya on the big stage, against UConn a lot will be expected from Loyd. However in the back of their minds ND knows what happened to them the last time they played UConn. That in itself will give UConn number 10. I really like UConn by 20. If ND scored 65 against SC I don't think they score that much against UConn. I like UConn with over 80 pts in this one. MoJeff will shine in this game.

Reaction Score
We will win by 18 - 21 points, just like the last three times we played.

Reaction Score
I think Geno mentioned that Moriah didn't play that game either or at least he implied it because she fouled out and didn't score (or at least that's what he said) so I think we'll probably see more out of Moriah this time around, don't you???

Reaction Score
We'll win by 25-30!
I would like that but I'm not ready to believe that we will. I'd be content to win by double figures so as not to sweat out the game. The bigger the spread, the happier I am. I do think Notre Dame is the second best coached team in women's basketball.

Reaction Score
In the first meeting Turner was out and MoJeff didn't score and fouled out. UConn had just lost to Stanford and wasn't playing anywhere where they are now. One more point UConn was down 10 at ND and won by 18. I gotta tell ya on the big stage, against UConn a lot will be expected from Loyd. However in the back of their minds ND knows what happened to them the last time they played UConn. That in itself will give UConn number 10. I really like UConn by 20. If ND scored 65 against SC I don't think they score that much against UConn. I like UConn with over 80 pts in this one. MoJeff will shine in this game.
Geno said something about Moriah yesterday when there was a remark about Turner missing the last game. He said that basically Moriah missed it too!! I doubt Moriah will miss tonight's game and I'm inclined to think the biggest issue tonight will be which Huskie win's the MOP award for the Final Four. I think UConn has too much fire power but I've been surprised by Notre Dame before. Now that I think of it, when I was surprised in those Notre Dame games over that two or three year time frame, I was more surprised at some of the mental mistakes those UConn teams made that prevented them from pulling away and winning those games handily more than some stellar play from ND. Of course, the horrific officiating of the Notre Dame flops and reckless charges that were called blocks that put UConn at such a disadvantage due to foul troubles and intimidated UConn's playing defense like they normally would play into those games, as well. I think the officials have smartened up to that sort of nonsense, thankfully. Skylar was the one that perfected that sort of trash.

Reaction Score
Barely? She had 0 points, 2 assists, 5 turnovers, and fouled out. I guess that is "barely", but I would almost say she had "no" production!!
Who would ever believe that Moriah would have that kind of game. Early this year, though, Moriah was in somewhat of a funk, for maybe four or five games. Boy, did she emerge from that funk in grand fashion. She's been utterly remarkable since and played some of the best point guard in the history of women's college basketball history.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Here's a link to the box score of the Dec. 6 game. Kiah was huge in that game as well.

Moriah didn't score, Breanna & Kaleena had 27 points combined, and Gabby played only 5 minutes. Tonight will be a much different game from last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom