Latest Creme Bracketology Places LSU as #2 Seed, UConn a #3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Latest Creme Bracketology Places LSU as #2 Seed, UConn a #3

Reaction Score
He still has six Big East teams in the Bracket and DePaul isn’t one of them. That’s one more than the PAC12.

Reaction Score
Dont put much stock in Cremes bracket. he is almost always wrong in the end. its just his opinon. Uconn has only played 10 games so far, with the 2 best players in then country out with injury, with Fudd to return soon. he has never favored Uconn in any of his polls. just another hack like the rest of us!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Weak sauce this week. Michigan back in, UConn & UNC change places.
1672152147340.png

Reaction Score
Weak sauce this week. Michigan back in, UConn & UNC change places.
View attachment 82380
As always, the bracket begins to firm up around now, not so many absurd positions on it. The only dubious ones for me on this iteration are Va Tech and LSU. In my thinking, it's pretty much a toss up between Va Tech and UCLA for that #2 seed, and either NC St or Oregon could be slotted above LSU. I'm not entirely convinced about Utah as a #3 above Kansas, but I can imagine a case for that one. Same for UNC over Iowa -- I can picture Iowa defeating UNC pretty handily, but I can also imagine UNC winning a close one over them.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Updated today. I guess St John’s is the automatic qualifier from the Big East? Interesting choice

Reaction Score
Updated today. I guess St John’s is the automatic qualifier from the Big East? Interesting choice

Big East website lists St. John’s in first place and UConn as second.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Proof that zero thought goes into the analysis, I guess. People should take these things with a grain of salt
His AQ is the team that is in first place at the time of the release. If you look at all of the AQ they are currently in first or tied for first in their conference.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
His AQ is the team that is in first place at the time of the release. If you look at all of the AQ they are currently in first or tied for first in their conference.
Hence my point. He’s not thinking about who should actually win, just who’s leading the conference in December, before conference play truly gets underway. As I said, zero thought.

Reaction Score
Hence my point. He’s not thinking about who should actually win, just who’s leading the conference in December, before conference play truly gets underway. As I said, zero thought.

I think @zero thought” is Charlie’s point. Don’t think; don’t forecast the future. just put them in the position they occupy NOW. It will all work out during conference play. For every conference.

I’m excited about the Big Ten & ACC conference races. I think the Big East conference race will be interesting too. Indeed, all the P-6 races will be of some interest.

Reaction Score
I think @zero thought” is Charlie’s point. Don’t think; don’t forecast the future. just put them in the position they occupy NOW. It will all work out during conference play. For every conference.

I’m excited about the Big Ten & ACC conference races. I think the Big East conference race will be interesting too. Indeed, all the P-6 races will be of some interest.

Who do you see making it interesting for SCar? I see 3 ranked teams right now and Arkansas is barely hanging on while LSU should be ranked No 1 in DII for their level of competition?

The SEC this year is looking like the AAC when UConn was in it. (Not nearly that bad but lacking much mystery about who will win it)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Who do you see making it interesting for SCar? I see 3 ranked teams right now and Arkansas is barely hanging on while LSU should be ranked No 1 in DII for their level of competition?

The SEC this year is looking like the AAC when UConn was in it. (Not nearly that bad but lacking much mystery about who will win it)
There is a thread called Who can beat South Carolina on the General Womens bball board

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
All you need to know is what you see. UConn is playing the tuffest schedule in WCBB and winning with a depleted lineup. Now we are looking at Azzi and Aubrey coming back very soon and Caroline looking like the Caroline we saw last year. Couple them with Nika at the point and Lou and youve got a team that will blow out some ranked teams. IMO its SC and UConn(when healthy) with Stanford not far behind.

We are missing Paige and ICE for the season. Paige provided good ball handling skills, leadership and a great shot. Nika now provides the ball handling and leadership and Lou provides the outside shot. They are not Paige but they are great replacements. Aaliyah and Dorka have improved and just may have picked up the slack for ICE on the bench. Now I will profess that saying neither Paige or ICE can be replaced and we dont know what ICE might have contributed if she was healthy. We can though use what I mentioned as coming from what some of us thought.

The polls are the polls. Any dum dum can see that a healthy UConn team is better then advertised in the rankings. Keep that in mind when reading posts. When I look at the polls I sometimes think did these people do any research or look at what is going on with teams. Hey its somebody elses opinion and they are entitled to it. Some will agree and some will disagree and we should respect that and put it in the back of our minds.

Reading the posts on the board shows UConn fans are very excited about getting Aubrey and Azzi back and are excited about how the team is playing at another level. When Aubrey and Azzi get back give them some time to get back on track. Theyre coming back from and injury and being sick. They werent popped our of a microwave and will be what we remember them being. It will take a few games to get back on track. When they do ... We will be good. We are really really good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Best thing Creme has written so far:
.......... "This is the time of year when Bracketology takes on a more analytical slant, rather than being quite so speculative. The NET (NCAA Evaluation Tool) ratings are the foundation for that analysis.

.......... As is said every year with NET -- or the RPI before it -- these ratings aren't the end-all, be-all. The straight NET rating is one piece of criteria. It's also the foundation for others such as significant wins, strength of schedule, strength of conference and bad losses. The NET is a formula that includes offensive and defensive efficiency, wins and losses, the strength of the opponent played and the location of the game. It's more inclusive than the RPI because it includes the efficiency portions (how a team played) in addition to the results. The pure NET ranking of a team won't strictly determine its seed, but these will be the ratings to watch the rest of the season. The more time goes by, the more important they become.
"

SCar was the number five NET ranked team at the end of the 2021 conference tournaments but was a number one seed by the committee due to SOS (and maybe quality of losses that year.) I think the same rationale would apply to UConn this year.

Reaction Score
The straight NET rating is one piece of criteria
No slight intended to you, @visitingcock. The passage you quoted practically made my head spin. Is Creme a professional writer? I mean, does he make a living with a pen? "One piece of criteria"????? I come from a family of journalists and writers, and my DNA practically revolts against this phrasing. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!

All that aside, it isn't a terrible analysis. His point seems to be that the previous stuff was speculative and perhaps poorly founded. But the data for a more analytical take on things like rankings and seedings making something more substantial possible. This is what we've all been waiting for.

Reaction Score
Not only is he ignoring the NET rankings (Connecticut is #4 and should be on the top line), he doesn't even seem to understand how the S-curve works: unless he has Stanford 4th (and Connecticut 5th) or Connecticut 7th (and Stanford 2nd) overall, either of which is utterly absurd, Connecticut cannot be in the same bracket as Stanford. Massey, by the way, has had Connecticut 2nd or 3rd for quite a while now, jostling back and forth with Stanford. Sonny Moore has Connecticut 3rd as well.

Just for old times sake, RealTimeRPI has Connecticut 1st by a healthy margin, with Duke (13-1 against the 4th best schedule) 2nd and South Carolina 3rd. Stanford is 8th. [I sort of lost track of Duke, only to find out that their only loss is to Connecticut. They were unranked in the national polls until last week, despite being 8th in NET and 10th in Massey.]

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
so
Best thing Creme has written so far:
.......... "This is the time of year when Bracketology takes on a more analytical slant, rather than being quite so speculative. The NET (NCAA Evaluation Tool) ratings are the foundation for that analysis.

.......... As is said every year with NET -- or the RPI before it -- these ratings aren't the end-all, be-all. The straight NET rating is one piece of criteria. It's also the foundation for others such as significant wins, strength of schedule, strength of conference and bad losses. The NET is a formula that includes offensive and defensive efficiency, wins and losses, the strength of the opponent played and the location of the game. It's more inclusive than the RPI because it includes the efficiency portions (how a team played) in addition to the results. The pure NET ranking of a team won't strictly determine its seed, but these will be the ratings to watch the rest of the season. The more time goes by, the more important they become.
"

SCar was the number five NET ranked team at the end of the 2021 conference tournaments but was a number one seed by the committee due to SOS (and maybe quality of losses that year.) I think the same rationale would apply to UConn this year.
so basically Charlie is ignoring his own words here.
#1. UConn is #4 in NET
#2. UConn is #1 in SOS
#3. He has them playing Stanford which anyone with an ounce of logic would have Stanford as the overall #2 seed and even if UConn became a #2, they should be playing the 4th best #1 seed who would be tOSU.
I am not a conspiracy theory guy but yee gads, the number of ESPN scribes who want disrespect on UConn continues. Every year, Geno et al prove them wrong time and time again so it is again this year....

Reaction Score
so

so basically Charlie is ignoring his own words here.
#1. UConn is #4 in NET
#2. UConn is #1 in SOS
#3. He has them playing Stanford which anyone with an ounce of logic would have Stanford as the overall #2 seed and even if UConn became a #2, they should be playing the 4th best #1 seed who would be tOSU.
I am not a conspiracy theory guy but yee gads, the number of ESPN scribes who want disrespect on UConn continues. Every year, Geno et al prove them wrong time and time again so it is again this year....
Deep breath one and all... close your eyes and repeat after me...

HHHHMMMMMMMMMMM

At this point, Jan 3rd, 2023, no bracket is worth the paper it is printed on. Charlie has to earn his paycheck from ESPN some how... maybe there is a bonus clause for the number of UCONN fans he can get riled up.

The Committee's bracket is what matters and that is still a long way off.

In the meantime... to quote the Defensive Coach of the TC William's Titans, in the movie, Remember the Titans:

" LEAVE NO DOUBT"

GO HUSKIES

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Latest Creme Bracketology Places LSU as #2 Seed, UConn a #3

GIF by ABC Network

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Huh? I see both as 2 seeds.
Didn’t look at the article, I just copied it down the title of this thread

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Didn’t look at the article, I just copied it down the title of this thread

Today's article has UCONN as the #2, with Duke as the #3.. with Stanford as the #1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom