Latest (2/12) Bracketology | The Boneyard

Latest (2/12) Bracketology

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Charlie has UCLA, SoCar, USF in the Albany bracket (could be the 4th match up with USF - wow). He also has MsSt and Baylor in the KC bracket.
BYers thoughts?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I just looked over the whole bracket, and my general feelings are, should it hold up, I like the way it unfolds for UConn. MS St, Baylor, ND & Oregon all are placed on the opposite side of the bracket, so UConn would potentially only face one of them in the National Championship. Louisville would be the top potential opponent in the national semi-finals, and I'm OK with that. If Louisville stumbles, TX or TN are the most likely suspects to replace the Cardinals.

After UConn takes care of whomever during the 1st two rounds in Storrs, they travel to the friendly confines of the TUC in Albany, where UConn fans have pretty much purchased all of the tickets available for sale and would likely face either NC St or TX A&M in the Sweet 16 game and UCLA or SC in the Elite 8 game. I don't see any of those teams presenting a problem for the Huskies in Albany.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I just looked over the whole bracket, and my general feelings are, should it hold up, I like the way it unfolds for UConn. MS St, Baylor, ND & Oregon all are placed on the opposite side of the bracket, so UConn would potentially only face one of them in the National Championship. Louisville would be the top potential opponent in the national semi-finals, and I'm OK with that. If Louisville stumbles, TX or TN are the most likely suspects to replace the Cardinals.

After UConn takes care of whomever during the 1st two rounds in Storrs, they travel to the friendly confines of the TUC in Albany, where UConn fans have pretty much purchased all of the tickets available for sale and would likely face either NC St or TX A&M in the Sweet 16 game and UCLA or SC in the Elite 8 game. I don't see any of those teams presenting a problem for the Huskies in Albany.
My initial impression was us having the possibility of playing teams that we played during the season. I was under the impression that the Committee was against that but I guess the geography consideration has impacted that.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Given that either Louisville or Notre Dame will pick up a third loss (yes, I'm assuming UConn beats Louisville tonight) in the ACC Tournament, isn't it more likely that Baylor will get a No. 1 seed?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
UCLA has been having to travel across the country to the UConn regional at least the last 2 seasons. Will be interesting to follow their rankings the next couple of weeks so see if they move up/down based on wins/losses and not leave their fate in the committee's hands.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
My first thought is, as I've expressed elsewhere, and continue to believe is that Baylor deserves a one seed and Louisville does not (let's revisit this in a few hours).

I put Mississippi State and Lexington as the one seed and Louisville as the two seed. Send Baylor to Kansas City as the one seed.

I get that Charlie is not telling us what he thinks makes sense, he's trying to predict what the NCAA selection committee will do. They dinged Baylor early on but that was early on. Baylor's strength of schedule per Massey is 12th in the nation. That's better than Mississippi State's. I don't see a lot of people running around whining and moaning about how bad the Mississippi State strength of schedule is and why that's going to cost them a one seed. I know, I know, undefeated is undefeated and Mississippi State will get a one seed. I'm fine with that I just think Baylor deserves one as well.

Last edited:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Last updated 2/18? But the date is only 2/12... Psychic?
My same thought but I decided they meant February 2018. Still confusing

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Need to swat SC and Tennessee.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I see USF has moved up to a six seed in this bracket but with only two American teams in the tournament I would hope the committee would figure out how to put them in separate regions.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Very interesting. If these brackets hold up I'll be in College Park for the return of Lexie Brown.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Last updated 2/18? But the date is only 2/12... Psychic?
Well, the 8 key is close to the 2. Oh wait, it's on the same row at least...
I will edit it and let future posters wonder what the heck you were talking about. :):rolleyes:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
If his top eight hold up, we have the geographical oddity that the top four are all on the east and the next four are all West (assuming you can count Texas as West). Texas isn't truly West in the sense they are closer to Spokane than Kansas City but it is a complication for the selection committee. I think that's why they were hoping that Oregon could qualify then they'd have one nice true West Coast team to send West. As it is with UCLA and Oregon both being true West teams only one can go to Spokane. Oregon came East recently and got smoked by UConn, while UCLA played UConn this year so that complicates who would go to Albany.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Need to swat SC and Tennessee.
That's what I was thinking too but thought that they need to swap them.

Must be a typo Monday...

Reaction Score
Given that either Louisville or Notre Dame will pick up a third loss (yes, I'm assuming UConn beats Louisville tonight) in the ACC Tournament, isn't it more likely that Baylor will get a No. 1 seed?
Yes, most expect them to win out, and take their tournament. At the end of the day, on the other side of the bracket with MS ST. On our side, either Louisville or ND.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think the the reveal. Is more accurate than the bracketology.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Texas in the Miss State bracket. See if their post depth can help get McCowan in foul trouble and on the bench. Also, put Higgs/Atkins on Vivians and McCarty on William.

I just think it would be a great game and UT will have already 6'7 center 2-3 times, so it wouldn't be something knew for them. If Holmes and White are playing well they could cause some trouble for Miss State.

I kind of want BU as a 1 or 2 vs ND. I don't know why but I do. However, I would like to maybe travel and get out of KC region.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I also think Baylor will end up as a #1 seed if they run the Table. Tonight is an important game if UConn wants to remain as the overall #1 Seed.

Not predicting a Louisville win, but if they did, doesn't that make them a #1 seed regardless if they lose to ND in the ACC Tournament Championship game. Also I would think if ND ran the table, they are also a #1 seed. If this happens, then Baylor doesn't have room to get a #1 Seed.

I like the Lady Vols chances in the Lexington Region to get to the F4. Sure Louisville would be a tough out, but the Lady Vols would have a chance against the Cards.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If two teams have played three times, they should never have to face each other till the championship game. We've seen a couple of times in the not-too-distant past (TAMU and Baylor; UConn and Notre Dame) that it's really hard to beat a team a fourth time in one season. I'm pretty sure those were both finals, but not certain.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Texas in the Miss State bracket. See if their post depth can help get McCowan in foul trouble and on the bench. Also, put Higgs/Atkins on Vivians and McCarty on William.

I just think it would be a great game and UT will have already 6'7 center 2-3 times, so it wouldn't be something knew for them. If Holmes and White are playing well they could cause some trouble for Miss State.

I kind of want BU as a 1 or 2 vs ND. I don't know why but I do. However, I would like to maybe travel and get out of KC region.

My thoughts exactly. I would rather have to travel than play in the KC region. Playing close to home has not been good for the Lady Bears.

And I would also like to face Notre Dame. I don't think they can match up with Brown and Cox, which will allow the Baylor guards to really get out on the ND guards.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I think the the reveal. Is more accurate than the bracketology.
Good point and I am willing to bet that when the next reveal comes out, there will be a thread on that too.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I also think Baylor will end up as a #1 seed if they run the Table. Tonight is an important game if UConn wants to remain as the overall #1 Seed.

Not predicting a Louisville win, but if they did, doesn't that make them a #1 seed regardless if they lose to ND in the ACC Tournament Championship game. Also I would think if ND ran the table, they are also a #1 seed. If this happens, then Baylor doesn't have room to get a #1 Seed.

I like the Lady Vols chances in the Lexington Region to get to the F4. Sure Louisville would be a tough out, but the Lady Vols would have a chance against the Cards.
I agree. Take away the UCONN-L'ville game. They still have a game against ND probably in the ACC finals. IMHO the loser will be a 2 seed and if Baylor wins out, they will be the 1 seed...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom