Larrier | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Larrier

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
22 comments and this is what you contribute?

I don't even disagree with the flavor of this thread, and yet, you are much worse than Terry Larrier. I would love it if you left this year and Kevin Perno posted instead.

Speaking of flavors, I just finished coffee, coffee espresso chunk, and coconut at the Dairy Bar. Seriously debating getting more.

EDIT: I got mint chocolate chip and chocolate too. Good stuff.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Speaking of flavors, I just finished coffee, coffee espresso chunk, and coconut at the Dairy Bar. Seriously debating getting more.

Glad to hear you are getting at least some enjoyment out of your trip.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Glad to hear you are getting at least some enjoyment out of your trip.
I'm having a wonderful day, including standing for 15 minutes after the tipoff.
The basketball is what it is.
Very much like now knowing that even a bleacher bench in 218 isn't a bad seat. I'll be back.
To those of you who have seen truly great games there, wow!

Reaction Score
Stop comparing him to Carmelo. Carmelo is one of the best one-on-one scorers ever to pick up a basketball. Larrier just likes jacking up step back shots
In the sense that he COULD be a threat from all 3 levels, similar build and athleticism, ball stopper, useless on D, I absolutely see the comparisons.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I want Jalen to come back, but the more I see of him --even in good games-- the more I think he is a big part of the teams problem.

He gets out of the way on defense

Ball stopper. Bad shot selection

Last one to the huddle most of the time.

He is a good scorer but I don't think e makes a TEAM with the aspirations of UConn better.

The leash he gets from ollie is embarassing. He's doing nothing on defense, and isn't scoring. Wheres the risk in playing polley, williams, or someone else at the 4?

don't worry, he's going pro, and that's means we're doomed

:cool:

on a more seriousness note, he has been absolutely awful since fracturing his sinus canal, but can that be said seriously?

I'm confusing myself at this point

Reaction Score
He never played defense, he was making more shots before he cot hurt. But while hurt he didn't work on his ball handling that's for sure LOL. I've realized he is what he is, if he came back to get better stronger I'm ok with it if he doesn't I'm ok with it.

I saw improvement with him. I would say he could've eventually broken out the way Daniels did. But now he is set so way back he is a shell of himself.

Reaction Score
Larrier even if he could shoot is not tough enough to mix it up in his slot. Not a rebounder, can’t dribble to save his life, very poor passer. He can get hot and score but now he’s injured and he’s injury prone so I say thanks for your participation, best of luck in your pro future next year terry, whatever that is.

Reaction Score
Has anyone checked that his mask is clear? He made one shot , and it seemed that he couldn't hit the rim with any other shot.

Reaction Score
Larrier, and the team for that matter, seemed to be finding their feet until he hurt his face. He has been useless since putting on the mask.

He has a nice mid-range game. But his handle is poor and he is very soft attacking the basket. Take away his shot, which has disappeared and there is darn little left.

If he regains his shot, he will help us. If not, we will sink deeper in the doo doo we now reside.

Reaction Score
I wonder what he's going to do? He has lost so much time to transfer and injury. His basketball clock is ticking and he clearly wants to be able to go pro. With that being said, he hasn't played well enough to even fantasize about being drafted.

As I see it, his options are G League, Europe, or Staying. I I am unsure of the answer to this question, but if he has his academics in order, can he pull and "Anderson/Big Dave" and go to a different program for his final year?

pj

Reaction Score
He's skinny and weak like Deandre was. It's hard to drive when you're weak and hard to defend. Somehow Deandre became a great piece for us, but it took several years. Larrier has been snakebitten with the injuries and barely has had enough court time to learn his weaknesses. I give him credit for improving his shooting when he was inactive. It's too bad the way things have gone for him but I kind of agree Sid Wilson has more promise.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The injuries may have played a major role in this but Larrier is worthless when the opponent plays physical. Any game that Diarra outscores Larrier (while playing fewer minutes no less) is bad news for us.

Polley seems to have talent but has a deer in the headlights look all too often. Hopefully he'll grow out of that. One thing I do find amusing is the complaints against giving this kid playing time (to gain experience) while there are also complaints about not playing Carlton more in order to give him experience.

Reaction Score
Larrier missed last year and sometimes it takes a long while to get it back. The surgery this year sure didn’t help and he isn’t the first guy to struggle with a mask. Plus be tentative. Feel bad for him but if he can’t play for a few games he should not play or play limited minutes until he is more ready.

Reaction Score
Larrier missed last year and sometimes it takes a long while to get it back. The surgery this year sure didn’t help and he isn’t the first guy to struggle with a mask. Plus be tentative. Feel bad for him but if he can’t play for a few games he should not play or play limited minutes until he is more ready.

Or more willing to sacrifice his body a little. The unwillingness to play physical or even be in the lane hurts them.

Hope he gets better physically and mentally.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
As I see it, his options are G League, Europe, or Staying. I I am unsure of the answer to this question, but if he has his academics in order, can he pull and "Anderson/Big Dave" and go to a different program for his final year?

Assuming his academics are in shape, a grad transfer would be his best possible route.

If he goes somewhere where he can get stronger, where he can have your strengths maximized (and where you're not asked to penetrate from beyond the arc, for example), and his stock will rise.

Reaction Score
Assuming his academics are in shape, a grad transfer would be his best possible route.

If he goes somewhere where he can get stronger, where he can have your strengths maximized (and where you're not asked to penetrate from beyond the arc, for example), and his stock will rise.

But he needs to learn how to penetrate period, from anywhere. His inability to handle or get to the hoop physically would make him a bench player at most "larger" programs. Not sure he'd want that. Although he would get a lot better looks if he had some experienced players around him with ability to score.

Reaction Score
I had bigger expectations for Polley, Diarra, Enoch, Durham, Whaley, Larrier, Purvis, Jackson, Gibbs, Miller over the years. These were all highly rated guys or guys coming to us with experience. Is this just coincidence? Is UConn unlucky? Eventually, one has to look at KO and his schemes, preparation and development.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what others thought we were getting in Larrier.

I saw from game one last year that he was a gunner. A non defender and a non rebounder.
I don't want to hear stats. My eyes don't lie.

He is not a wiinning player. Strikes me as the type who wants to stuff the stat sheet with offensive only numbers.
No other players benefit from him being on the court. Seen him way too many times throw up ill advised shots. Not look for teammates. And just run to the corner hoping the ball would come his way. And has no interest in playing defense or rebounding for the most part. And he can't handle the ball.

I contend we are better with him out of the lineup. At this point play Polley.

Reaction Score
I had bigger expectations for Polley, Diarra, Enoch, Durham, Whaley, Larrier, Purvis, Jackson, Gibbs, Miller over the years. These were all highly rated guys or guys coming to us with experience. Is this just coincidence? Is UConn unlucky? Eventually, one has to look at KO and his schemes, preparation and development.
I though he did a great job with Vance n shonn even purvis was tough for us

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I want Jalen to come back, but the more I see of him --even in good games-- the more I think he is a big part of the teams problem.

He gets out of the way on defense

Ball stopper. Bad shot selection

Last one to the huddle most of the time.

He is a good scorer but I don't think e makes a TEAM with the aspirations of UConn better.

The leash he gets from ollie is embarassing. He's doing nothing on defense, and isn't scoring. Wheres the risk in playing polley, williams, or someone else at the 4?

Why did you make the title of the thread "Larrier" then post about Adams?

C

Chief00

Sid has some good aspects as a player from what I have seen in practice. However, my fear is he is so skinny (makes Larrier and Whaley look like Mr Muscles) that he will be physically taken out of games.

That new S&C coach better get going on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Sid has some good aspects as a player from what I have seen in practice. However, my fear is he is so skinny (makes Larrier and Whaley look like Mr Muscles) that he will be physically taken out of games.

That new S&C coach better get booing on him.

Wonderful, team toothpick. Cronin's young guys behind guys like Clark, who is not overly bulked up like DO but very strong, were not toothpicks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom