Larrier | The Boneyard

Larrier

Reaction Score
I want Jalen to come back, but the more I see of him --even in good games-- the more I think he is a big part of the teams problem.

He gets out of the way on defense

Ball stopper. Bad shot selection

Last one to the huddle most of the time.

He is a good scorer but I don't think e makes a TEAM with the aspirations of UConn better.

The leash he gets from ollie is embarassing. He's doing nothing on defense, and isn't scoring. Wheres the risk in playing polley, williams, or someone else at the 4?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I want Jalen to come back, but the more I see of him --even in good games-- the more I think he is a big part of the teams problem.

He gets out of the way on defense

Ball stopper. Bad shot selection

Last one to the huddle most of the time.

He is a good scorer but I don't think e makes a TEAM with the aspirations of UConn better.
Guess you want to see more Polley?

Reaction Score
Why not. Get the kid experience. Isnt playing worse than larrier at this point

Unfortunately Polley is playing worse.

Larrier, until his injury, was coming on. Now he is not playing well. But Polley is making bad passes, is just lost out there, getting burned on D. Forget about his shooting.

Reaction Score
Why not. Get the kid experience. Isnt playing worse than larrier at this point
If Polley could make like 3 shots in a row, his confidence would shoot way up. Having said THAT, currently he is not the answer.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately Polley is playing worse.

Larrier, until his injury, was coming on. Now he is not playing well. But Polley is making bad passes, is just lost out there, getting burned on D. Forget about his shooting.

Youre right. My pet peeves as a coach are lack of physical D and bad shots. Really grinds my gears.

I will--reluctantly!-- give larrier the nod.

Still think the team would be better off going in a wilson and matthews direction.

Reaction Score
I was spot-on about Larrier in the off-season. I thought he'd be an inefficient, ball-stopping, Carmelo Anthony type, who would disappoint a lot of fans who expected him to be a star.

Reaction Score
I was spot-on about Larrier in the off-season. I thought he'd be an inefficient, ball-stopping, Carmelo Anthony type, who would disappoint a lot of fans who expected him to be a star.
Stop comparing him to Carmelo. Carmelo is one of the best one-on-one scorers ever to pick up a basketball. Larrier just likes jacking up step back shots

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He took three straight shots that didn’t hit the rim when Cincys lead went from 12 to 17 midway through the second half. I’m sure it’s hard to be accurate with the mask, so maybe stop shooting jumpers and find a new way to contribute.

Reaction Score
One thing for certain is that he needs to avg 5/6 free throws a game which would benefit him as well as the team .. so drive the damn ball with some Ferociousness n get fouled

Reaction Score
I seem to have gotten some guff for the same statement a week ago.

Reaction Score
429 is spot on. Watch Larrier he's our worst defender and easily. He thinks "bouncing" around on top of the zone is enough, never tries to move hard to spots and get back fast, just thinks hands up and bouncing works. never gets to open shooters on time and in man he's worst. There's not much effort there for sure. Offensively it's great when he's making shots but a team like Concy can athletically and physically shut him down - in that case way too many minutes for him. 28 minutes 5 pts and 4 boards doesn't work.

Reaction Score
Larrier was coming on. Then he got hurt.

He never played defense, he was making more shots before he cot hurt. But while hurt he didn't work on his ball handling that's for sure LOL. I've realized he is what he is, if he came back to get better stronger I'm ok with it if he doesn't I'm ok with it.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Larrier shines away from the physical play (defense, rebounding) that we need from him. He has been a huge underachiever. Play Polley. This team is going nowhere, might as well get him more game experience. Bring Larrier off the bench.

Reaction Score
Larrier is awful. He’ll be gone or I hope Sid Wilson gets every one of his minutes next year.

Reaction Score
Larrier shines away from the physical play (defense, rebounding) that we need from him. He has been a huge underachiever. Play Polley. This team is going nowhere, might as well get him more game experience. Bring Larrier off the bench.
What I don’t understand is how a 22 year old division one athlete who has had access to top strength facilities and nutrition for four could still be so physically weak. He has no strength whatsoever.

Reaction Score
Every game these kids are expected to play at a high level, but they just don't have the natural ability.

Reaction Score
I'd give up my left nut to be able to compare Larrier to Carmelo. Never understood that as an insult considering one is a future HOFer with a national title and the other is one of our more hyped players despite being awful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom