Larrier Working Out for the Lakers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Larrier Working Out for the Lakers

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
We never saw the best of him.

Sat out a year, got injured and then came back when the coaching was falling into the Mariana Trench.

So true. At least he got his degree because his basketball time here was weird.

Reaction Score
There used to be a theory that you throw out tbe season after the ACL surgery year. Seems like not many subscribe to that anymore. Let’s see what he does, quite frankly Chief isn’t going to defend last season other than to bring up the theory.

Love how Chiefy refers to himself in the third person.

Reaction Score
Has a fan base ever been tougher on a kid put up 14 and 5?
The criticism is backed up by stats though. Sure he put up 14/5 but he didn't help us win games and was a selfish player. A lot of that can be contributed to the injuries and trying to regain his confidence, but fact of the matter is he had a -2.6 box +/- and 95.3 offensive rating compared to a 111.5 defensive rating. That is BAD.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The fact that every team is looking for that Jayson Tatum, Lebron-lite, type player should help him. He definitely makes a d-league roster with a good shot at the league if he performs well.

Reaction Score
The fact that every team is looking for that Jayson Tatum, Lebron-lite, type player should help him. He definitely makes a d-league roster with a good shot at the league if he performs well.

I hope he does, but his handle was pretty bad at times. Not sure if he can improve the fundamentals at his advanced age of 22. By NBA standards, that's close to the "back nine" of a career.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I suspect I won't be hearing from that clown who gives me a hard time for saying Larrier could have developed into a first rounder with another year of college.

It's good to see him getting an NBA look a year ahead of schedule. Best of luck to TL...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I suspect I won't be hearing from that clown who gives me a hard time for saying Larrier could have developed into a first rounder with another year of college.

It's good to see him getting an NBA look a year ahead of schedule. Best of luck to TL...
Um, I think you're alone with that opinion.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Um, I think you're alone with that opinion.

Clearly I'm not. If the Lakers are taking a look at him, they must think there's a possibility that he's one year away also.

So, in summation, I can either agree with a professional basketball team's assessment...or the Boneyard's assessment? I'm fine where I'm standing...

Reaction Score
Clearly I'm not. If the Lakers are taking a look at him, they must think there's a possibility that he's one year away also.

So, in summation, I can either agree with a professional basketball team's assessment...or the Boneyard's assessment? I'm fine where I'm standing...
It would be incredible if Terry made an NBA roster at some time. I’m skeptical though. This workout could have been done as a favor. I know injuries injuries injuries but I just didn’t see much in TL’s college career that stood out. He’s 6’8” and can shoot a little but that’s it. Full disclosure I’m often wrong

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
It would be incredible if Terry made an NBA roster at some time. I’m skeptical though. This workout could have been done as a favor. I know injuries injuries injuries but I just didn’t see much in TL’s college career that stood out. He’s 6’8” and can shoot a little but that’s it. Full disclosure I’m often wrong

I've been wrong before, too. But here are a couple of things to remember:

1) Favor or not, they are not evaluating Betty White. They obviously think it might lead to something or they wouldn't do it. Multi-million dollar sports enterprises rarely waste time on players they think have no chance.

2) The same folks who gave me hell about Larrier are the same folks who gave me hell about Purvis.

Again, I could be wrong. It's just my opinion. But it's great to see evidence that my opinion is shared by some high level basketball folks...

Reaction Score
I've been wrong before, too. But here are a couple of things to remember:

1) Favor or not, they are not evaluating Betty White. They obviously think it might lead to something or they wouldn't do it. Multi-million dollar sports enterprises rarely waste time on players they think have no chance.

2) The same folks who gave me hell about Larrier are the same folks who gave me hell about Purvis.

Again, I could be wrong. It's just my opinion. But it's great to see evidence that my opinion is shared by some high level basketball folks...
Are we breaking BY protocol by having a discussion and not using the words idiot or moran?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Are we breaking BY protocol by having a discussion and not using the words idiot or moran?

Maybe. But we're definitely both breaking protocol by admitting we could be wrong... :eek:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

The NBA has two rounds, each team works out tons of players that have no chance. and Larrier is only getting workouts from a few teams. Is your point he's going to make the NBA?

Reaction Score
Maybe. But we're definitely both breaking protocol by admitting we could be wrong... :eek:

You're both wrong. Both of you are acting like complete idiots and when you do that it brings the moran out in each of you.

So there we have it...TL will either make an NBA roster some day or not. As always I am spot on!

Reaction Score
I watched a lot of film of Larrier at VCU
He was skinny as hell and his shot selection was awful but his handle was better than average for a 6’8” guy
He apparently made a huge jump in his red shirt year at UConn as he was tearing up the preseason camps and seemed like a lock first round draft pick. He played daily against a decent 2015-16 team in practice which probably helped .
That 2016-2017 team came out a bit disorganized but he was our leading scorer until his injury. The only question is can he get back to that 2016 form and get stronger.
His lack of handle for a 6’8” guy is just another BY myth . The guy actually can get his own shot and that is rare in guys that big. Frankly his lack of strength /athleticism is my bigger concern he even seems fragile.
Purvis was much stronger and a much better athlete TL is taller and better skilled basketball player. Rodney worked hard on his weaknesses whether TL can do the same is up to him and him alone.

Reaction Score
I watched a lot of film of Larrier at VCU
He was skinny as hell and his shot selection was awful but his handle was better than average for a 6’8” guy
He apparently made a huge jump in his red shirt year at UConn as he was tearing up the preseason camps and seemed like a lock first round draft pick. He played daily against a decent 2015-16 team in practice which probably helped .
That 2016-2017 team came out a bit disorganized but he was our leading scorer until his injury. The only question is can he get back to that 2016 form and get stronger.
His lack of handle for a 6’8” guy is just another BY myth . The guy actually can get his own shot and that is rare in guys that big. Frankly his lack of strength /athleticism is my bigger concern he even seems fragile.
Purvis was much stronger and a much better athlete TL is taller and better skilled basketball player. Rodney worked hard on his weaknesses whether TL can do the same is up to him and him alone.

I respect the heck out of you AZ but were you blinded by something? His handle was plain weak as heck, every time he tried to spin or cross over he lost control and while “every time” may be an exaggeration it’s slight at best. Listen hope he finds what you saw at VCU but he was simply a standstill shooter, a pretty good one, for us and not much more. And he was a chair on the other end.

It’s not a BY myth at all.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

The Lakers also just worked out LiAngelo Ball haha

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We never saw the best of him.

Sat out a year, got injured and then came back when the coaching was falling into the Mariana Trench.
The comment on coaching had zero to do with his lack of desire, hustle or toughness
The guy just doesn't have a ticker to want to give 100% unless he did give 100% and in that case the YWCA league may be a challenge

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The comment on coaching had zero to do with his lack of desire, hustle or toughness
The guy just doesn't have a ticker to want to give 100% unless he did give 100% and in that case the YWCA league may be a challenge

Yeah, that’s garbage.

Larrier rehabbed his way back from an ACL tear to get ready for the season - if the head coach had worked 1/2 that hard, he might still be here.

Coaching matters and Larrier had an awful coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom